• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
deleted cuz you peeps don't know what a joke is
I clicked on the link.
I'm struggling to see anything looking remotely like a joke. No satire, no pun, no slap stick, no commentary...just some random Twitter loser looking for attention.

It's loz all over again I tell ya!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

See this is why IX is my favorite FF

It deals with depression, mourning, and the transience of life in a very realistic way. The You’re Not Alone scene is one of my favorite scenes in a pre-2010 video game ever.

Much as I love FFVII, I feel it falls short on that aspect.
I don’t think Cloud even had time to mourn Aerith in full, though I can excuse it since Sephiroth was about to obtain the Black Material and had to retrieve it at all costs...and that failed anyway...

I will forever be salty about his Advent Children interpretation tho

Free will is a myth! Religion is a joke. We are all pawns, controlled by something greater: Memes. The DNA of the soul.

“...How about full of ****? Is that a meme?”
The scene that still gets to me the most was that damn scene where the party is there when meeting Garnet during her ascension to the throne and Zidane just couldn't say anything.

Like that whole love story between those two isn't even the main focus sometimes, but I have YET to see a more gripping and intriguing plot point than that.

As much as I love Xenoblade Chronicles 2, I legit can't believe Zidane and Garnet's time together was more intriguing than what Rex and Pyra had to go through.

Yeah. I said it.

oh woooow.png

D

Deleted member

Aye, just like how Wonder Woman was universally panned because big white male conspiracy and all that.

Oh wait, that movie did great and was reviewed pretty dang well, wasn't it? I wonder what the problem might be with this movie then? Probably big white male conspiracy 2. :4pacman:
Lol just because the movie is successful doesn't mean people won't cry about the goshdarn women in their movies

It sure as hell won't be universally panned, it's a goddamn Marvel movie, but there are still people who are calling it "overly political" before it even came out. Do you think they're just gonna stop after it comes out?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Senator Armstrong still is a lit character, don't @ me :V
Yes, he was lit.
Metal Gear Rising is an amazing game with a hilarious plot.

Aye, just like how Wonder Woman was universally panned because big white male conspiracy and all that.

Oh wait, that movie did great and was reviewed pretty dang well, wasn't it? I wonder what the problem might be with this movie then? Probably big white male conspiracy 2. :4pacman:
If the movie is bad, I will have to blame it on a possible Fantastic Four curse even if I don’t like to.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon in the real world sounds cool until you realize how much more violent wars would be.

I don't wan't a squadron of Charizards flying over New York, burning it to the ground.
Charizards can melt through steel beams, so yeah, big no no.

D

Deleted member

I clicked on the link.
I'm struggling to see anything looking remotely like a joke. No satire, no pun, no slap stick, no commentary...just some random Twitter loser looking for attention.

It's loz all over again I tell ya!
i thought i said to change the subject

Pakky

Smash Hero
Pokemon in the real world sounds cool until you realize how much more violent wars would be.

I don't wan't a squadron of Charizards flying over New York, burning it to the ground.
Yeah imagine all of the bird poo.

I mean that's a lot of poo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ayyy this page is my birth year o/

...oh **** imma be 30 in June I’m not readyyyyy

D

Deleted member

From what I’ve heard of Captain Marvel at the moment, it seems like many people liked the Skrulls.
So maybe there’s hope for me.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yeah imagine all of the bird poo.

I mean that's a lot of poo.
All kinds of poo tbh
It is all fun and games until a Darumaka takes a dump on your garden and the house catches fire.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Captain Marvel looks so boring.
I hope its not. But she as a character from I understand from Civil War 2 is that she's kinda bad.

Also apparently her books have gotten like 5 reboots or something back to back?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean tbh bunch of planes bombing NYC would probably be way worse then some Charizards burning it
I'm sure ground combat would be crazy scary though, like imagine just chilling in like a trench or some **** and then ****ing meteors show up holy ****

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
played college ball, ya know

“" I have a dream.' That one day every person in this nation will control their own destiny. A land of the truly free, dammit. A nation of action, not words! Ruled by strength, not committee! Where the law changes to suit the individual, not the other way around. Where power and justice are back where they belong: in the hands of the people! Where every man is free to think - to act - for himself! **** all these limp-**** lawyers and chicken**** bureaucrats. **** this 24-hour Internet spew of trivia and celebrity bull****! **** American pride! **** the media! **** ALL OF IT! America is diseased. Rotten to the core. There's no saving it - we need to pull it out by the roots. Wipe the slate clean. BURN IT DOWN!And from the ashes, a new America will be born. Evolved, but untamed! The weak will be purged and the strongest will thrive - free to live as they see fit, they'll make America great again! In my new America, people will die and kill for what they BELIEVE! Not for money, not for oil! Not for what they're told is right. Every man will be free to fight his own wars!"

- Chaddorf

osby

Smash Obsessed
From what I’ve heard of Captain Marvel at the moment, it seems like many people liked the Skrulls.
So maybe there’s hope for me.
Just out of curiosity: Are you interested in Captain Marvel in any way out of Skrulls? Because you didn't talk about anything but them.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
So hey, MGSV! Every mission takes like an hour so I have an idea how long the game is. I also got a sniper rifle and as soon as I get tranq sniper rifles I'm replacing my tranq handgun with a SMG or something
The game has a lot of replay value and a lot of bonus things to do within missions. It's long as hell. The best part of the game to me are some of the post game missions where you're sent in with no partner or weapons and have to scavenge everything on your own.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just out of curiosity: Are you interested in Captain Marvel in any way out of Skrulls? Because you didn't talked about anything but them.
I want to see the past of MCU’s Nick Fury too.
And also learn a lot about Carol Danvers before Endgame.

I wonder if Mar-vell will be referenced too.

D

Deleted member

Lol just because the movie is successful doesn't mean people won't cry about the goshdarn women in their movies

It sure as hell won't be universally panned, it's a goddamn Marvel movie, but there are still people who are calling it "overly political" before it even came out. Do you think they're just gonna stop after it comes out?
Yeah. I’m pretty neutral on the movie, I’m going on blind. But I’d put money to say I’m going to get a ton of recommendations in my feed complaining about Captain Marvel due to some political reason. Especially since it’s a Disney produced movie.

Also, some people did complain about WW, quite a bit. LMAO

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I mean tbh bunch of planes bombing NYC would probably be way worse then some Charizards burning it
I'm sure ground combat would be crazy scary though, like imagine just chilling in like a trench or some **** and then ****ing meteors show up holy ****
I mean, according to the Pokedex, Charizard's fire can melt anything. Sounds pretty rough, tbh.

D

Deleted member

The Skrulls seem better than Cloud Galactus and Car Factory Doctor Doom, at least from what I have seen.
I said it looks boring, not god awful. Also, people aren't mad about CM because she's a girl. Alien, Force Awakens and Wonder Woman beg to differ.

D

Deleted member

No, I don't think they will stop. Because it's not the movie that has created the backlash, just the lead actor's dumb and sexist behavior, following Marvel's efforts to change the Rotten Tomatoes system in general.

I'm sure the movie will be fine either way, but people should realize that it's not because of female leads that movies might get a bad rep. Regardless of the lead's gender it's the context of the movie that will give it a bad or good rep.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Just out of curiosity: Are you interested in Captain Marvel in any way out of Skrulls? Because you didn't talk about anything but them.
They have better acting than Brie Larson.

Cracke

Smash Journeyman

A Brigade of Blastoise shattering peoples bone apart with forceful water. Sounds fun

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Just like how people "cried" about Wonder Woman and Alita.
You realize men were outraged at Wonder Woman either way right? Be it the woman only screening or one of the more popular neonazis Stefan Molyneax whining about it? And I remember seeing at least one person whine Alita wasn't sexy enough. Captain Marvel reviews are generally very positive so far and it's estimated ti make 150 million on opening weekend which is very realistic due to all the appealing things for fans outside of being the first female lead movie such as Skrulls, a taste of what will come in Endgame and more of Nick Fury's past.
Not sure if this is the first time I’ve said it or not but I don’t really plan on seeing Captain Marvel mainly because it looks kinda flat and ordinary to me, not really too diverse like movies like Thor 3, Avengers, or the Guardians series. I had this same problem with Ant-Man 2, I ended up giving in and seeing it, and it was exactly as I thought it would be. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, how could ya?

I legit do get worried I’ll be lumped in with the “white male” crowd tho.
That sounds more like superhero fatigue which is something people are starting to get which is fair enough. Although what do you mean with 'diverse' here? Cause Antman and the Wasp had Ghost who was a woman of colour (and a great villain to boot). I'm assuming you mean in terms of settings as Thor 3 and GotG have very unique scenery in comparison to pretty much every other MCU movie

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
That sounds more like superhero fatigue which is something people are starting to get which is fair enough. Although what do you mean with 'diverse' here? Cause Antman and the Wasp had Ghost who was a woman of colour (and a great villain to boot). I'm assuming you mean in terms of settings as Thor 3 and GotG have very unique scenery in comparison to pretty much every other MCU movie
I meant diverse as in different from other Marvel/superhero films, not in terms of representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom