• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

deleted cuz you peeps don't know what a joke is

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Captain DC appears and fights Marvel to death, but they become friends at the last moment because their moms are named Martha.

Bam, spoiled :V
Honestly I ****ing hated that part in BvS

Literally all they had to do was make the line "you're letting him kill my mom" and it wouldve been ****ing perfect

Instead we're left wondering whether or not Supes would be dead if his mom's name was Joanne

D

Deleted member

Well then.

I gone through a LOT of Final Fantasy IX and just got through Zidane's depression (and ESPECIALLY that huge Xenoblade-level mind**** of a lore dump), now trying to figure out the whole maze thing.

I now see why everyone says this is one of the greatest RPGs of all time.

I wasn't ready.

oh goD OH GOD.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly Friday morning finna throw my phone into a river to avoid Captain Marvel spoilers since I got my tickets for Saturday night lmao
People will cry about the movie being too political. Not because of pro-military propaganda like a lot of **** the US is obsessed with but because the movie has a female lead and she has cooties

KMDP

Smash Legend
Captain DC appears and fights Marvel to death, but they become friends at the last moment because their moms are named Martha.

Bam, spoiled :V
Carol Danvers has her name legally changed to "Sha Zam" because she found out someone else was using the Captain Marvel name.

D

Deleted member

People will cry about the movie being too political. Not because of pro-military propaganda like a lot of **** the US is obsessed with but because the movie has a female lead and she has cooties
spoiler tag that, even though that already happened in the trailers it's still a spoiler to some folks
deleted cuz you peeps don't know what a joke is
Uh
Thanks for sharing...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly I ****ing hated that part in BvS

Literally all they had to do was make the line "you're letting him kill my mom" and it wouldve been ****ing perfect

Instead we're left wondering whether or not Supes would be dead if his mom's name was Joanne
I assure you BvS wouldn't have been perfect just by changing that.
And Flutter, that **** could get you banned iirc. Just saying

D

Deleted member

Then there’s me.
A Fantastic Four fan who wants to see Fantastic Four characters done right for once in a movie (in Captain Marvel’s case the Skrulls).

D

Deleted member

I assure you BvS wouldn't have been perfect just by changing that.
And Flutter, that **** could get you banned iirc. Just saying
I meant that specific part

The rest of the movie was still baaaaad dear god

KMDP

Smash Legend
The post credit scene shows the Fantastic Four getting a Smash Bros letter.
Then Thanos walks up...

Casually takes the letter out of Mr. Fantastic's hand...

Then Default Dances out of frame before the gang even realizes what happened.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well then.

I gone through a LOT of Final Fantasy IX and just got through Zidane's depression (and ESPECIALLY that huge Xenoblade-level mind**** of a lore dump), now trying to figure out the whole maze thing.

I now see why everyone says this is one of the greatest RPGs of all time.

I wasn't ready.

View attachment 196428
See this is why IX is my favorite FF

It deals with depression, mourning, and the transience of life in a very realistic way. The You’re Not Alone scene is one of my favorite scenes in a pre-2010 video game ever.

Much as I love FFVII, I feel it falls short on that aspect.
I don’t think Cloud even had time to mourn Aerith in full, though I can excuse it since Sephiroth was about to obtain the Black Materia and Cloud had to retrieve it at all costs...and that failed anyway...

I will forever be salty about his Advent Children interpretation tho

Metal Gear Rising’s plot is a huge and hilarious joke that Konami itself didn’t want it to be.
Free will is a myth! Religion is a joke. We are all pawns, controlled by something greater: Memes. The DNA of the soul.

“...How about full of ****? Is that a meme?”

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don’t care if Captain Marvel ends up getting universal hate.
As long as they do great Skrulls, I will love the movie for being the first step in the right direction.

D

Deleted member

Aye, just like how Wonder Woman was universally panned because big white male conspiracy and all that.

Oh wait, that movie did great and was reviewed pretty dang well, wasn't it? I wonder what the problem might be with this movie then? Probably big white male conspiracy 2. :4pacman:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Pokemon in the real world sounds cool until you realize how much more violent wars would be.

I don't wan't a squadron of Charizards flying over New York, burning it to the ground.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
Not sure if this is the first time I’ve said it or not but I don’t really plan on seeing Captain Marvel mainly because it looks kinda flat and ordinary to me, not really too diverse like movies like Thor 3, Avengers, or the Guardians series. I had this same problem with Ant-Man 2, I ended up giving in and seeing it, and it was exactly as I thought it would be. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, how could ya?

I legit do get worried I’ll be lumped in with the “white male” crowd tho.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just like how people "cried" about Wonder Woman and Alita.

KMDP

Smash Legend
See this is why IX is my favorite FF

It deals with depression, mourning, and the transience of life in a very realistic way. The You’re Not Alone scene is one of my favorite scenes in a pre-2010 video game ever.

Much as I love FFVII, I feel it falls short on that aspect.
I don’t think Cloud even had time to mourn Aerith in full, though I can excuse it since Sephiroth was about to obtain the Black Material and had to retrieve it at all costs...and that failed anyway...

I will forever be salty about his Advent Children interpretation tho
Advent Children Cloud is dumb, it's almost like the people writing the movie didn't understand his character arc.

That or they were trying to rehash that aspect of his character without any thought whatsoever... which to be honest is more likely.
Free will is a myth! Religion is a joke. We are all pawns, controlled by something greater: Memes. The DNA of the soul.
Isn't this basically the moral of MGS2 stated more directly.
...Yes

Though if tigers start wrestling... I'm becoming an agent for one of them.
Dream big, Pakky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom