• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If there's anyone here who's as weirdly invested in this movie as me, we finally got a better look at Mewtwo from the Detective Pikachu movie.

D0-y-zrXgAA6Spi.jpg

D0-y-7dWsAEoJwj.jpg

Turns out he does have the purple from his tail extending to his stomach.

Love the first image, but I'm not sure how I feel about the second. Hopefully it's just an awkward angle.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If there's anyone here who's as weirdly invested in this movie as me, we finally got a better look at Mewtwo from the Detective Pikachu movie.

Love the first image, but I'm not sure how I feel about the second. Hopefully it's just an awkward angle.
When mom says you have to let your brother have a turn:
1551882958245.png

D

Deleted member

We got actual footage of him in the second trailer.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

mewtwo is the only design for the movie that I outright dislike. everything else looks great to me, just something about mewtwo's face bothers me

D

Deleted member

Looks better than in that Pokémon fan film.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Why does he look like a very angry grandma in the second pic?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Slightly off-topic but I'm pretty sure the first shiny Pokemon I ever caught was a Gurdurr in X

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
mewtwo is the only design for the movie that I outright dislike. everything else looks great to me, just something about mewtwo's face bothers me
Honestly I like it and think it's rather appropriate considering what Mewtwo is

Big angsty clone of Mew that doesn't wanna be here

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Overall, I think his design is great (would've preferred them keeping his thunder thighs but whatever). He's supposed to look like a creepy and intimidating lab disaster, not a cute and adorable plush doll.

It's just those eyes though.

Again, maybe the second pic is an awkward shot. I think he looks fine when he's glaring like he is in the trailer and first pic.

D

Deleted member

Overall, I think his design is great (would've preferred them keeping his thunder thighs but whatever). He's supposed to look like a creepy and intimidating lab disaster, not a cute and adorable plush doll.

Again, maybe the second pic is an awkward shot. I think he looks fine when he's glaring like he is in the trailer and first pic.
Get the crap out of my mind.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Am I the only one who thinks that Pichu’s sound effect for getting launched sound like something from r/perfectlycutscreams?

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Honestly I like it and think it's rather appropriate considering what Mewtwo is

Big angsty clone of Mew that doesn't wanna be here
Yeah hopefully it grows on me. Everything else in the movie looks fine though. Really shocked at how many somewhat obscure pokemon they put in the movie. Like, who the **** cares about braviary and emolga

D

Deleted member

He looks even more like Giegue than he already did here.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
But have you taken a good look at Squirtle’s thighs?
Oh... oh no...

I think it's just the angle, because of how it's head is shaped.
1551883841403.png

1551883856183.png

I think the eyes actually work because of it.
For comparison's sake,
1551883976608.png

Mew would probably also look pretty damn weird from a high angle.

D

Deleted member

Yeah hopefully it grows on me. Everything else in the movie looks fine though. Really shocked at how many somewhat obscure pokemon they put in the movie. Like, who the **** cares about braviary and emolga
I honestly think the fact their putting obscure Pokemon in is actually fitting. It shows that in the Pokemon universe, people like all different types, not just “the popular ones.”

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Oh... oh no...

I think it's just the angle, because of how it's head is shaped.

I think the eyes actually work because of it.
For comparison's sake,
View attachment 196412
Mew would probably also look pretty damn weird from a high angle.
That's what I was thinking. A normal front view would probably look better, regardless of what he's doing with his eyes.

I guess Mewtwo is one of those Pokemon who has a blatant "good side" when taking a pic.

D

Deleted member

All of the DP Pokemon, including Mewtwo, look exactly as I would expect them to look.

D

Deleted member

But have you taken a good look at Squirtle’s thighs?
Yeah but he's so small his legs are like 3/4 of his body, relative to him they're thicc but do they really count?
Meanwhile Mewtwo tho:
halaalpr-sy-revengeofthelostboys-halaa-mewtwo-thick-as-hell-tho-stop-3344629~2.png

D

Deleted member

Excuse me, I'll have you know me and exactly five other people like Emolga.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I honestly hope this studio does more Pokemon movies in the future, because their direction and attention to certain details has me pretty much solidly on board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom