• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

If it wasn't for those pesky other video game characters, my most wanted was a lock.
Yeah curse those other Video Game characters if other characters didn't exist Geno would be a lock!

I really hope you and everyone knew I was joking I didn't mean to insinuate that I was complaining or anything...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The best dates always involve dragging out the person of your home and locking them away in yours.
Oh suuuure when you put it that way it makes it sound like Bowser's the bad guy, but let's face it, there's a reason they made him president instead of Mario.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If it wasn't for those pesky other video game characters, my most wanted was a lock.
why add the most popular protagonist of japan's most popular jrpg franchise literally ever when they can add my tritagonist from a 3ds series instead

KMDP

Smash Legend
Grinch: I would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that pesky Cat.
:ultincineroar:: CINEROAR!

D

Deleted member

why add the most popular protagonist of japan's most popular jrpg franchise literally ever when they can add my tritagonist from a 3ds series instead
or my Irrelevant party member from a one off game for the SNES, Curse you literally the most popular protagonist from one of the most popular series from Japan ever!

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Isn't Edea more like a... Quadragonist at this point?

Or heck, with Magnolia and Yew... Sextragonist?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Isn't Edea more like a... Quadragonist at this point?

Or heck, with Magnolia and Yew... Sextragonist?
i'd put her at third in default (ngl even if tiz is meant to be the protagonist he has nothing to do with anything outside of norende), maybe fourth in second cause by that point you've got two new party members and tiz actually does something

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Someone needs to take this image and photoshop The Grinch into it, next to Wario and Dedede.

Oh heck maybe I'll even do it myself.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Someone needs to take this image and photoshop The Grinch into it, next to Wario and Dedede.

It's my staunch belief that all the Pokemon in that shot are owned by Red since they're grouped together, he just doesn't bother dealing with 5 at a time, so instead he opts to use the original 3.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

this still just ****ing gets me

1551776733038.png

this is what wario and dedede are actually running from

D

Deleted member

I'm still surprised that the Box Theory of all things was true I mean why would someone design the box to only have two available slots left when that's exactly what we ended up getting? Someone must be new or they just didn't care, It's kinda of ridiculous and hilarious.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm still surprised that the Box Theory of all things was true I mean why would someone design the box to only have two available slots left when that's exactly what we ended up getting? Someone must be new or they just didn't care, It's kinda of ridiculous and hilarious.
people: "nintendo wouldn't be that dumb"
nintendo:

1551777353133.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The thing you need to realize about Japan is that they don't give a **** about spoilers when it comes to marketing. I've seen dozens of JRPG openings and trailers which blatantly spoil endgame content for the sake of building up hype.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The box theory didn't even show anything big, just that there'd only be two newcomers left. But it didn't show who those newcomers were, that was Verg's doing.

It's no surprise to me that it slipped under the radar. It was a very small oversight. It's not like they released an image of the box with Incineroar's face plastered on it or anything.

Last edited:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Mario keeps trying to ruing Bowser's dates with Peach. Pokemon Trainer enslaves poor animals and forces them to fight. Imagine thinking Mario was the more evil of the two.
Mario commits genocide on both citizens of Bowser's kingdom AND the Mushroom Kingdom. He didn't show any sign of remorse while breaking blocks.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd say it was better Verg acclimated people to Incineroar and Ken lest they get carried away with who the remaining two could've been, only for it to be... them, but then old Grinchy busted reasonable expectations regardless.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The thing you need to realize about Japan is that they don't give a **** about spoilers when it comes to marketing. I've seen dozens of JRPG openings and trailers which blatantly spoil endgame content for the sake of building up hype.
Recent Example: The Kingdom Hearts III trailers spoiled Anti-Aqua (a huge plot twist) months before the game came out.

And it's not just JRPG openings/trailers, either:

Openings to Manga-Adaptation Anime regularly have spoilers in them
As an example, One Piece Opening 6 "Brand New World" actively shows you who fights who in the Enies Lobby arc.​
I think they've gotten better about it recently, though; My Hero Academia's "Make My Story" has spoilers in it, but only if you actively analyze the footage and realize what it is that they're showing you.​

Outside of openings, The Ultra Instinct -Sign- Transformation was teased at least a month in advance of the Dragon Ball Super 109/110 special, as was the existence of Caulifla and Kale; and they showed us Broly's Rage form months before the Broly movie came out (though we had no context for it at the time).

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So I'm about 8 hours into Persona 5.

Where the actual hell has this game been all my life?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The box theory didn't even show anything big, just that there'd only be two newcomers left. But it didn't show who those newcomers were, that was Verg's doing.

It's no surprise to me that it slipped under the radar. It was a very small oversight. It's not like they released an image of the box with Incineroar's face plastered on it or anything.
Well it did show that one of the final characters was an echo of someone who broke the consistent pattern, which Ryu was in

osby

Smash Obsessed
Currently, I prefer dogs, though it’s been a year since I’ve had a cat, so a lack of any recent experience might be why.
I was talking about myself, I'm not good with them. Both of them are cute, I just only ever looked after cats and my neighbour's crazy dog.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Were we discussing how evil characters are?

Because Kirby is a complete horror or a complete baby depending on context and the situation.

All of the three Zelda characters not named Ganon are literally divine souls or blessed by the gods.

Mario isn't heartless, he typically fights against people who prompt him, as otherwise, he's okay with a Goomba who disobeys the ranks. Also, a jovial plumber. Peach is pure, by canon, whilst Luigi is the complete opposite and is hinted to have a darker side to him - the most out of the "Good" cast, anyways. Wario is just greedy, but he's barely seen committing a crime without money being the guide, as he's otherwise just a small bully/trickster. Yoshi is kind of brutal when you think about it, but they're mostly peaceful things that only fight back when provoked. DK is literally a bumbling idiot that did some crap but is mostly just misunderstandings or him defending his home and horde of bananas.

Bowser? He's seperated due to his role as "major antagonist", yet he displays many traits that go against him being absolutely ruthlessly evil. A caring father; a formiddable king; a respectful ruler of an army that's loyal to him for unselfish reasons and out of a bond formed; a loveable oaf and an extravagant personality. Most of those comes fron RPGs and other material, buf it's clear he's not such a ruthless, sadistic tyrant like some other villains. Most villains tend to outrank him in terms of "Evil" and ferocity in their actions. Yes, he does ****ed up **** like kidnapping Peach, but it's also shown that he treats her with care and doesn't abuse her at all, instead trying to treat her with hospitality and formality to gain her respect and love, and sometimes going to huge lengths for that last one. He's egotistical, rude, and narcissistic, but in most of his villainous attempts, he's usually just wanting to claim territory or is misguided, such as in Odyssey. He's also one of the Seven Star Children, who are destined for greatness and blessed by the stars, and Mario lore isn't Zeldas, so I doubt they'd pick such an evil entity to boast their blessings if he didn't have some shred of decency within him. None of the Star Children are pure evil, just misguided or antagonistic at best. At least, that's my interpretation.

As for people like Wolf, we have no canon proof that he's committed such heinous acts like murder, to my knowledge. All we know is that he's rumored to be involved in the incident that got James killed, but not the direct cause of James' death. No doubt that he's done criminal things and is a selfish person with a bit of a cocky, cantankerous attitude, but we also have to remember that he's a mercenary much like Star Fox, and jizt because we see Star Fox's side of the story, it doesn't justify that they've committed similar acts due to the occupation itself requiring more fatal tasks be required if the necessary pay is in order. We also don't know of Wolf's motivations, as he worked for Andross, but has he ever stated that he worked for him because he shared the doc's views? I dunno. He just seems more redeemable to me, like a misguided anti-hero, as Assault and Command kinda gave him that sort of vibe.

Meta Knight, Dedede, and Mewtwo are all just anti-heros at worst, and those don't need explaining.

Samus is in a situation similar to Fox in that their line of work requires that they perform sometimes brutal tasks, but she does have some morality and her own view of justice, much like him.

And that's all I'll say for now. This is much longer than it needed to be and there's still lots of series to go through. Heck, knowing me and my phone, I only picked up on the wrong parts of a conversation in the past, so sorry if this seems to be rekindling a fire.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone, it seems I am innocent. B88725D3-E04A-4446-8DEE-7EE0A4C0BF82.png

I think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom