• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On the topic of the Assist Alliance though, I absolutely agree with one of their main points, for what it's worth.

People really need to stop acting like "Assists are literally impossible to upgrade as DLC" is anything more than a fan-rule. I've been on-the-record with that ever since Smash 4, even.
I 100% agree that Assists aren't the end all be all. While I doubt they'll be DLC, there's always an Assist character upgraded in Smash 6, as it's been happening since Brawl with Charizard. It's just the way they go about things is what I don't like. Give ALL Assists a fair shot, it's hypocritical to say that some assists should be in over others if your goal is to campaign for upgrading any Assist in the game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
On the topic of the Assist Alliance though, I absolutely agree with one of their main points, for what it's worth.

People really need to stop acting like "Assists are literally impossible to upgrade as DLC" is anything more than a fan-rule. I've been on-the-record with that ever since Smash 4, even.
Pft yeah right. Sakurai's made it pretty clear that assist trophies are consolation prizes made on the side of their REAL priorities, especially with how he deconfirmed Waluigi in 4 in a miiverse post.

Any serious hope or expectation for playable characters that are both assist trophies within the same game is nothing short of desperate delusion.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
who could've possibly guessed

anyways engage the enemy, bomb rush blush, or lost painting for me
Hey, I like other things besides Fire Emblem, Resident Evil, Midna and my Sega Saturn, thank you.

But that song is really ****ing good.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Any arenas I set up will only play Smash Tour: Map.

Just to remind everyone it exists!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
With that said, if no Assist became playable in the DLC era, then at least I'm happy that they're still in the game somehow. Anyone who says it's better to be left out entirely than to be an Assist must have forgotten how Isaac fans felt when he was 100% GONE from Smash 4.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Any arenas I set up will only play Smash Tour: Map.

Just to remind everyone it exists!
ah, you mean super smash bros 4: yee-haw edition

speakin' of which, fellas

y'all can't just scroll past this here post without sayin' howdy

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pft yeah right. Sakurai's made it pretty clear that assist trophies are consolation prizes made on the side of their REAL priorities, especially with how he deconfirmed Waluigi in 4 in a miiverse post.

Any serious hope or expectation for playable characters that are both assist trophies within the same game is nothing short of desperate delusion.
Okay but it's still a fan rule and nothing more though.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Gonna drop the stream for now, I'm not sure if it's causing the arenas to die or not but I'll try a few more and see if anything changes. If not, then I might put it up again.

D

Deleted member

While all of those things are true, we can still have hope, right?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Huh, turns out arenas shut down after bouts of inactivity. Figured as much, but never saw it happen until now.

Anyway, made a new one. Same password as before (1229), but the ID is now HDJDD.
Some people hopped in here, so I'm repostin' the info for the arena in case anyone else cares to slide in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom