• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I find it ironic that the one time you decide to stream the matches, we have more people than the arena can handle.
That's why I never host an arena with more than four people. Ever.

Don't uproot your life for anyone until you're absolutely sure you and her can make it work. There should be a significant emotional connection past thirst for something huge like moving.
Well duh. I'm not an idiot.

I think way too long-term with these things. Because if this eventually became a thing one of us has to move. I'm trying to tell myself it's worth avoiding the entire thing in order to avoid that inevitable outcome. I've seen too many people throw away perfectly good lives for failed marriages and long-term relationships that were never going to work. Including this girl.

I'm very pessimistic and pragmatic. I'm essentially the opposite of romance.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, this reminds me of that Bomb Shelter Twilight Episode.

Either way...

ID: BM7RT
Password: 2019

D

Deleted member

lol i was thinking of joining an arena but with the shenanigans going on and nintendo wifi i think ima stick to qplay

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah I intentionally didn't join the Arena so that everyone else had room to hop in.

I'm just going to wait until someone inevitably gets tired and leaves, whoever it is. Until then I'll be watching the stream.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Soooo, hey Smashboards friends whom I go to for real life advice because why the **** not. Hypothetical scenario.

Let's say you're about 30 years old and for the last four years have decided that dating isn't something you want to do because you actually prefer your adult life without a second person always in it and you're pretty determined that you don't ever want children.

Then, let's say an old friend from college has been reconnecting with you over the last few years from across the country, and seems to get who you are now in a way that most don't. For some reason. And you surprisingly really enjoy talking with her and whatever.

Then, let's say that that old college friend has been talking way too much about how all her friends are getting married and having kids and how she wants that too and also occasionally drops the fact that you guys hooked up a couple times and she always wondered where that would have gone and also is prone to getting thirsty for you on occasion. And you plan on being back in town in May and she wants to see you when you visit. And also probably come out and see you for a week at your place in the summer.

What, in this extremely hypothetical scenario, would you guys recommend as a course of action? Hypothetically. Because that's totally not happening, but, y'know. In case it ever does. To someone.
I'd say it depends on how made up your mind is about things, and why. If you're dead set on not having a family, then you've already made your decision. But if you think that you could still be open to that possibility, then it's worth reflecting and reassessing your decision, and determining whether it's the only lifestyle that will make you happy, or if having a family could also bring you happiness.

But as someone who has had a close friend who got who I was more than anyone else, and later entered into a relationship with, also across the country... Be careful. Online, you only ever see a fraction of the whole person, in terms of what's presented to you. Because of that, things seem more ideal than they actually are, because the interactions are generally all normal and focusing on what you have in common. In person, however, is when you see all of someone's behavior, including the parts you can't observe online, as well as some of the differences that aren't always immediately apparent. Not that people intentionally hide those things online, but it's just the nature of communication and socialization, where certain things are evident only in person, and can make a big difference.

Mind you, my scenario was different on a few fundamental levels. We were teenagers, not full-grown adults. And we never ended up meeting each other, though it was discussed often. But before we were in a relationship, everything seemed perfect between us. Afterwards, she seemed to lament certain aspects of our relationship, and then asked for a break, before I found out on my own a lot about how she was in real life, and how it told a different story than just my interactions with her. We drifted apart for a while, before reconnecting a couple years later, with her seemingly very intent on being with me again and even wanting to meet in person, but after a few complications with that plan arose and it became clear it wouldn't happen soon, she quickly disappeared again. In the end, the things we did have in common were things he chose to abandon later in life to fit in with other crowds. She was never the person I thought she was, despite all appearances indicating that she and I had a deep and understanding connection at one point. Instead, she was really only interested in me for the attention and emotional comfort, and when I couldn't provide for her in the ways she wanted, she dropped me. If I'd known her in person, those issues probably would've been made more manifest, to the both of us.

Seeing as you apparently knew this person physically at some point in the past, and will be meeting them for a while in the near future, the situation is different. So you should have more familiarity with this individual than someone you've only ever interacted with online.

So if you do meet with this person and find a sense of happiness and fulfillment with them, then maybe open your mind to the possibilities that may follow. But be cautious that they're connecting with you for the right reasons. Make sure she's not intentionally or unintentionally manipulating you to fulfill her own wants and desires, and that she's interested in you as a person, rather than what you can provide to her. Obviously don't be paranoid about it, but just make observations about that to ensure that things are on the up and up.

D

Deleted member

I hope 3.0.0 fixes this connection problem.
I feel like part of it is the online system.

D

Deleted member

I guess I'll try this time, I swear it's like a continuous loop of: Make Arena > Play one match > Arena gets shut down > Repeat

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I swear Arena. Why.
I’m happy with my kill on Yoshi though.
When I mis-inputted Egg Roll, I thought you had saved me...
Until I died. :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When I mis-inputted Egg Roll, I thought you had saved me...
Until I died. :laugh:
the most depressing and frustrating thing is misinputting something super simple and sd'ing because of it

"oh im gonna move forwards and blaster" NOPE THERE GOES YOUR WOLF FLASH AND NOW YOU'RE DEAD

D

Deleted member

My respect goes to those who could not make it. :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
the most depressing and frustrating thing is misinputting something super simple and sd'ing because of it

"oh im gonna move forwards and blaster" NOPE THERE GOES YOUR WOLF FLASH AND NOW YOU'RE DEAD
Imagine intending to pressure your opponent with Egg Throw, but missing and using Egg Lay instead.
Oh god oh **** that happens to me
Yeah that was a good match man. Your Yoshi is terrifying.
Thanks! Glad to know there's at least one character I can play well.
Your Plant is also very good. Better than most I've fought. :bee:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Why all the arena fun gotta be happenin' on the day when I'm super busy |:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Imagine intending to pressure your opponent with Egg Throw, but missing and using Egg Lay instead.
Oh god oh **** that happens to me

Thanks! Glad to know there's at least one character I can play well.
Your Plant is also very good. Better than most I've fought. :bee:
Thank you! I am considering maining him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom