• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The one day I'm available to participate in an Arena and this keeps happening. Of course.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
.this is also what I'm thinking.

What makes this hard is there isn't much of a trial run thing we could do. She lives in Ohio with a career and a house. I live in Oregon with a career and a house. One of those has to change, and I do not want to make that change.

But the fact that I'm even debating this makes me wonder. Normally I wouldn't. I'm a very stubborn man
if she seems pushy on you, trying to make a move on you when you dont want to, try to do other stuff that seems very very sus and nothing YOU want to do , its probably a trap. Im already getting a red flag at her being thirsty for you then suddenly wants to see you, like hm. Now Dont go by my gut. Go by yours but thats just what my gut is saying

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are you all still ready after all of these crashes?
New Arena.
ID: 2RHC1
P: 2019

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Is it just me or is 3 stocks too much when you have a larger arena? It just means players at the back of the queue will be waiting around for ages to get a turn.

D

Deleted member

Soooo, hey Smashboards friends whom I go to for real life advice because why the **** not. Hypothetical scenario.

Let's say you're about 30 years old and for the last four years have decided that dating isn't something you want to do because you actually prefer your adult life without a second person always in it and you're pretty determined that you don't ever want children.

Then, let's say an old friend from college has been reconnecting with you over the last few years from across the country, and seems to get who you are now in a way that most don't. For some reason. And you surprisingly really enjoy talking with her and whatever.

Then, let's say that that old college friend has been talking way too much about how all her friends are getting married and having kids and how she wants that too and also occasionally drops the fact that you guys hooked up a couple times and she always wondered where that would have gone and also is prone to getting thirsty for you on occasion. And you plan on being back in town in May and she wants to see you when you visit. And also probably come out and see you for a week at your place in the summer.

What, in this extremely hypothetical scenario, would you guys recommend as a course of action? Hypothetically. Because that's totally not happening, but, y'know. In case it ever does. To someone.
Well, in this completely hypothetical situation, if I was firm on not getting into a relationship, then I wouldn't date her. Hookups are freebies and don't count tho

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Is it just me or is 3 stocks too much when you have a larger arena? It just means players at the back of the queue will be waiting around for ages to get a turn.
That's what I found as well.
When playing with a larger group I just ended up using 2 stocks to keep the battles moving.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
What makes this hard is there isn't much of a trial run thing we could do. She lives in Ohio with a career and a house. I live in Oregon with a career and a house. One of those has to change, and I do not want to make that change.

But the fact that I'm even debating this makes me wonder. Normally I wouldn't. I'm a very stubborn man.
Same. We were over 6,000 miles apart with a good job/homes/family. I lucked out in the fact that she used to live here (hence how we met), so she knew the city and had friends etc. It made sense for her to move here, not that it was easy still. Moving that far is terrifying.

If doing things long distance for a while is an option, maybe start there? I think there should be a substantial emotional investment/commitment before people start uprooting their lives to that extent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When playing with a larger group I just ended up using 2 stocks to keep the battles moving.
With large arenas I find pulling a For Glory and running 2 stock is good. 5 minutes too maybe

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, in this completely hypothetical situation, if I was firm on not getting into a relationship, then I wouldn't date her. Hookups are freebies and don't count tho
You know what's weird though?

I think... I think I'd feel bad about that.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
With large arenas I find pulling a For Glory and running 2 stock is good. 5 minutes too maybe
Yeah. 2 stocks is what I usually do with a large arena. Just that everyone else here seems to do 3 stocks regardless of the arena's size, and it just takes ages for anyone to get a turn.

I find it ironic that the one time you decide to stream the matches, we have more people than the arena can handle.
People just don't want to let the whole internet see them having their arses kicked by me. It's okay, I totally understand.

:p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
ok, guess y'all don't want me in, then
Hmm...you are the one with the stream.

I guess I'll jump out after one or two matches to let you in.
Anybody know how I can stop spectating an arena match? I didn’t press Y quick enough.
Press start, then quit from the pause menu.

D

Deleted member

See, that's what I'm thinking, but.

...this is also what I'm thinking.

But the fact that I'm even debating this makes me wonder. Normally I wouldn't. I'm a very stubborn man.
Don't uproot your life for anyone until you're absolutely sure you and her can make it work. There should be a significant emotional connection past thirst for something huge like moving.
This song makes me feel a certain type of way. It was finally in the shop
what an absolute bop

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah. 2 stocks is what I usually do with a large arena. Just that everyone else here seems to do 3 stocks regardless of the arena's size, and it just takes ages for anyone to get a turn.
Haha, maybe Arena planning needs to be talked about more before starting one

But also how Smash handles online multiplayer in general doesn't sit right with me. I've been annoyed at the arenas more often than I should be lol

D

Deleted member

Allright, I am quitting the arena.

I am going to make it two stocks, because three is too tedious.

Last time, I promise.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Pro tip, dont have a hook up or one night stand with a person that talks to you, and only you, about wanting to marry and have kids.

Call me crazy, but that smells like some foul ****
also mildly related protip dont ****ing make out with randos if you have a food allergy bc if theyve been eating allergens then ur face is all swollen and you feel bad and ughh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom