• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I'm only playin' K. Rool right now to see how bad the lag is on some of his moves.

Geez... I really don't remember him being this slow/laggy.
I love playing as him but it can be painful.

There are times where I find myself really wanting to switch to Ridley.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Soooo, hey Smashboards friends whom I go to for real life advice because why the **** not. Hypothetical scenario.

Let's say you're about 30 years old and for the last four years have decided that dating isn't something you want to do because you actually prefer your adult life without a second person always in it and you're pretty determined that you don't ever want children.

Then, let's say an old friend from college has been reconnecting with you over the last few years from across the country, and seems to get who you are now in a way that most don't. For some reason. And you surprisingly really enjoy talking with her and whatever.

Then, let's say that that old college friend has been talking way too much about how all her friends are getting married and having kids and how she wants that too and also occasionally drops the fact that you guys hooked up a couple times and she always wondered where that would have gone and also is prone to getting thirsty for you on occasion. And you plan on being back in town in May and she wants to see you when you visit. And also probably come out and see you for a week at your place in the summer.

What, in this extremely hypothetical scenario, would you guys recommend as a course of action? Hypothetically. Because that's totally not happening, but, y'know. In case it ever does. To someone.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Hmm, I don't remember that, actually. From what I'm reading here on the Metroid Wiki, seems that Sylux is simply shown following Samus at the end of Prime 3, and that's it. Maybe Federation Force had something in it that hinted that?
Yeah, there's a secret scene in Federation Force.

"In the game's Bonus Ending (attained by completing the mentioned bonus objective), an unknown individual revealed to be Sylux sneaks in to the station and forcibly causes the Metroid Egg to hatch, revealing an Infant Metroid. It is unknown where this facility is located, or what the Bounty Hunter is to do with this Metroid."

So it's not Metroid Prime, but he has one in his possession. Another potential plot thread.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Soooo, hey Smashboards friends whom I go to for real life advice because why the **** not. Hypothetical scenario.

Let's say you're about 30 years old and for the last four years have decided that dating isn't something you want to do because you actually prefer your adult life without a second person always in it and you're pretty determined that you don't ever want children.

Then, let's say an old friend from college has been reconnecting with you over the last few years from across the country, and seems to get who you are now in a way that most don't. For some reason. And you surprisingly really enjoy talking with her and whatever.

Then, let's say that that old college friend has been talking way too much about how all her friends are getting married and having kids and how she wants that too and also occasionally drops the fact that you guys hooked up a couple times and she always wondered where that would have gone and also is prone to getting thirsty for you on occasion. And you plan on being back in town in May and she wants to see you when you visit. And also probably come out and see you for a week at your place in the summer.

What, in this extremely hypothetical scenario, would you guys recommend as a course of action? Hypothetically. Because that's totally not happening, but, y'know. In case it ever does. To someone.
I’m no expert in any of this stuff, but I guess just try to find a good in-between...? I’m not sure honestly.
Sorry I can’t really help. I’m at the age we’re I don’t know anything about this stuff because I am obviously way too young for it, but your a good guy, so I at least want to try to help. Finding a good in-between helps me with a lot of disagreements I have with people. Not garunteed to work though, obviously.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I'm so torn on Anthem.

I see a ton of things I like, but it doesn't come together as one whole experience, but I'm also very much enjoying myself and play it every night, but it also makes me simultaneously worry and hopeful about future Bioware games.

Like, I like it, but I don't know if I should recommend it to my friends. I really want it to sell well so Bioware's new animation style can find its way into DA or ME, but I'm also worried that if it sells well they'll learn the wrong lessons from it and turn every game they make into a crisis of conflicting personalities.

I feel dread overcoming my Bioware fanboy side.
Well, you don't have to worry about them learning the wrong lessons, because it's not selling well.

Listening to a podcast the other week discussing Anthem, there was a very interesting point brought up: The Division, Anthem, and other loot shooters--"shlooters" if you're evil--(what are the other loot shooters, if any?) are all following the trend that Destiny was projected to have created, not what it actually created. Because while Destiny sold well, it didn't take the world by storm the way it was hyped to, because Bungie fumbled the ball and never fully recovered, especially after Destiny 2.

MOBAs, battle royales, hero shooters, those are all big trends that took off and received massive critical and commercial acclaim. Destiny wasn't on that level, so it didn't set a real trend, but Ubisoft and EA didn't want to be late to the trend like other companies always are, so they got in early, only to find that it's not that lucrative of a market. On top of that, these games are also much more expensive to make than those other genres/trends.

The only loot-shooter type game that's been relatively successful both critically and commercially is Warframe, and that's because 1) It came out in 2013, sucked, and then spent years rebuilding itself into something much better, and 2) It's free. If Anthem were a free to play game, the reactions it's getting wouldn't be nearly as malicious.

It's a shame, though, because just the other night I started replaying Mass Effect 3 for the first time in several years, and for all that game's faults and contrivances in its story... man, the general the dialogue, characters, and environments are great. Mass Effect 2 is one of my all-time favorite games, and Mass Effect 3 shows the potential for how high the series could go if all the elements hit their potential.

I'm very curious to hear what the behind-the-scenes story of Anthem is. They say the game has been in development for 6 years, but I'm hedging my bet that it was moreso in development for 3-4 years, and 2 years ago they had to scrap almost everything for one reason or another, and so we're only seeing a couple years' worth of work.

Just a penguin

Smash Master

I would suggest listening to somebody who isn't me.

D

Deleted member

Guess who I'm playing now. :smirk:
Seriously, Ridley surprised me. I went into this game expecting to not be super into playing him, and now ever since launch day, he's one of my top 5 characters.

Everything about his kit so dang fun, and going up against someone who knows how to play him is scary. From a gameplay standpoint, he's probably my second favorite newcomer, only beaten by Inklings.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I enjoy being with people who find me cool, if you ask me.
Can’t say much regarding the romantic stuff... But I would be all in for enjoying a day with a person who actually finds me cool.

Just to take a break from the negativity surrounding me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
On Metroid Prime 4:

Dark Samus is gonezo. Kensuka Tanabe, lead producer of the Metroid Prime series, has said that Dark Samus and Phazon are done with. Metroid Prime 4 will be tackling new enemies and plots.

Which probably means Sylux. They teased him in Hunters, Metroid Prime 3, and then again at the end of Federation Force, so I imagine Tanabe has some plan for him, but hasn't had the opportunity to use it yet. Here's hoping it's a good one, because Prime 1-3 set a high bar, but Other M showed how low the bar can go.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

sounds like a trap to me
love, a girl

D

Deleted member

For one, be mature. Don’t... *ahem* Go for the “blammo” right away. Just play it naturally. Id you’re into her, that’s fine, but if she’s making you uncomfortable, leave.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man my Zelda got bodied hard. I think I overexerted myself a little there.

Anyway uh, are we going to open a new arena?

D

Deleted member

I double quoted because I wanted your attention.

But maybe I'm second guessing that now that you're just a "Golden" member.
ok wait so do pranked users have MORE rights then yellows or LESS rights the canon is confusing

D

Deleted member

Gonna be honest:
After the hell of February, the idea of having someone I haven’t seen in years or even decades calling me about wanting to have a day together just because they found me great to stay with would completely feel like a bless. Maybe a miracle if we get nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom