• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I considered picking up Pichu right after E3 just because I had some nostalgia for the character from Melee, but lucky for you, I don't personally find the character fun to play. I have plenty of other characters I enjoy playing, so it's not a problem.
oh thank god
>notices damus pfp
oh
l a w d

Pakky

Smash Hero
It would be nice if all starters were comparatively viable as well as most of the gen like in gens 5(eventually) and 6

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also, I really need to fix my left joycon
I don't know how long Nintendo's warranty goes, but when my Joycon's stick broke they fixed it for free. I'd had my Switch for about 9 months at that point.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
FFAs are just nice because there doesn't have to be any fear of losing and feeling bad about your skills at the game. It's just a crazy good time, and I am happy I can view them that way again. :dr^_^:
Precisely why I enjoy playing FFA with my family over playing competitive 1v1's. The focus becomes less "Who's better than whom" and more "Let's just have a fun time." Though I am a bit of an outlier in that regard, I guess, as I also enjoy items and crazy maps, because that's what I grew up with and I find it fun. Not a fan of everything needing to be so sterile and serious all the time.

oh thank god
>notices damus pfp
oh
l a w d
1. You're just now noticing after 7 months?
2. What be wrong with Dark Samus, you heretic

Roberk

Smash Champion
Man I love studying for mid-terms in Persona 3 when I could be studying for my actual real-life mid-terms this week.

Persona 5 has a great OST that Joker will bring into Smash, but I’m hoping they can throw in a couple of bangers from P3 and P4 as well, they’re just too good to pass up (especially P3P FeMC music).

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Guess I can probably add Pichu to the “characters I’ve used to crush people on this site” list relatively soon. :smirk:
Signed:

staindgrey's Lucina. (I think. Wasn't it Lucina?)

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm so torn on Anthem.

I see a ton of things I like, but it doesn't come together as one whole experience, but I'm also very much enjoying myself and play it every night, but it also makes me simultaneously worry and hopeful about future Bioware games.

Like, I like it, but I don't know if I should recommend it to my friends. I really want it to sell well so Bioware's new animation style can find its way into DA or ME, but I'm also worried that if it sells well they'll learn the wrong lessons from it and turn every game they make into a crisis of conflicting personalities.

I feel dread overcoming my Bioware fanboy side.

D

Deleted member

My Lucas is pretty rusty.
I am trying to get good with him though, because I tried him out for a while in Smash 4.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
big scary magic ball :'(
It is scary >: )

Samus (and by extension Dark Samus) is better than she's ever been... but so are most characters, so it evens out. I'm just glad I really love the way she plays in this game, so that she's undoubtedly my main.

Haven't learned all the tricks yet, though. I'm far from the craziness that the dedicated Samus mains from Smash 4 and Ultimate can pull off. I did finally start practicing some combos last week, only to discover that they weren't true combos, so I don't know how applicable they really are.

anyone else wanna join my arena, only 3 peeps right now DF3DF is the id and the pass is 11111111. I have up till 5:30 when I gotta feed my dog
I would if I wasn't at work for another two hours, and then had to go do a bunch of business for the rest of the evening.

Also is it just me, or does online play feel delayed? I'm not talking about lag, I just mean it feels like inputs come out on a huge delay. I have very fast internet and an ethernet cable, so I can't imagine what it could be on my end.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Is Chase McCoin from LEGO City Undercover considered a videogame character?

I mean, he appears in LEGO City sets from time to time... But he debuted as the protagonist of a videogame and is remembered mostly from it.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
It'll probably involve Sylux in some way. I just wonder how many people will get confused by who he his, given that Hunters is kind of forgotten about (which is a shame, as it's a really good handheld Metroid).
Yeah, the pieces are there, but he's had very little "real" influence on the series. I mean, they sort of set up in some post credit scenes that Sylux possess a bit of the leftover Prime DNA and is after Samus, right? Or am I confusing something else?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is Chase McCoin from LEGO City Undercover considered a videogame character?

I mean, he appears in LEGO City sets from time to time... But he debuted as the protagonist of a videogame and is remembered mostly from it.
I mean technically, yeah, he's a video game character first and foremost.

D

Deleted member

It is scary >:)

Samus (and by extension Dark Samus) is better than she's ever been... but so are most characters, so it evens out. I'm just glad I really love the way she plays in this game, so that she's undoubtedly my main.

Haven't learned all the tricks yet, though. I'm far from the craziness that the dedicated Samus mains from Smash 4 and Ultimate can pull off. I did finally start practicing some combos last week, only to discover that they weren't true combos, so I don't know how applicable they really are.

I would if I wasn't at work for another two hours, and then had to go do a bunch of business for the rest of the evening.

Also is it just me, or does online play feel delayed? I'm not talking about lag, I just mean it feels like inputs come out on a huge delay. I have very fast internet and an ethernet cable, so I can't imagine what it could be on my end.
honestly the moment a samus starts charging their charge shot i start sweating bullets because by doing that she's forcing me to approach and then im playing her game and then shes probably throwing out missles to condition shield but i cant shield or charge shot will break it and then she plays mindgames and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh

same with cloud and limit to a lesser extent

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Osaka team knows what they want and they don't want menu-based real time combat.

They wanna mash buttons and have moves come out.
Don't most players have the things they most want during combat on quick menus anyway? It's not like the majority of players that I know of are actively scrolling through the menus during fights since they put whatever relevant things they need into quick select.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom