• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's not that I'm disappointed...

but I'm kinda disappointed.

Sora is still my most wanted for Smash though. I just want to see my boy.
I mean look, here's how I view it, and why I really just can't trust Nomura with a good game anymore from my own experience that could relate to KHIII, in some way. How many side games have we had to get to Kingdom Hearts III? You remember how ****ing INSANE how the reveal was for 2013? This game felt like almost Half Life 3 levels, but it was in it's own league. And again, 13. Years.

There are many other aspects that led up, but those "main" things were why I was hoping that with all the time that was developed on this project, not to mention how unique of a situation this was, that the fans would get nothing short of a masterpiece for the wait.

And from what I've seen, I really hate to see how KHIII is getting Nomura'd with some stuff like the Kairi situation. One of my main problems with FFXV is that in the base game - which remember, was a 10-year long wait and 7 years in development most likely - was that they cut HUGE plot points about Ignis, Gladio and Prompto near the later/end-parts of the game for DLC. That upset me so much, I almost regret getting a PS4 for that game. It makes Final Fantasy XIII look like literature art. Kinda expecting Kingdom Hearts III: Episode Kairi, if anything's to go by.

As much as I wanna get into this series, I deeply care about story-telling and how much depth content has, and it seems as if Kingdom Hearts III doesn't do that well of a job as it should have.

D

Deleted member

Just throw them off-stage and use side B, it's not like Wolf has any other kill move.
I was like half-joking, I know how to kill with Wolf- mainly bair, tipper d-smash, and bait u-smash oos, but by god do you have to be precise af with how you use them because of the startup on bair and up and down smash being, well, smash attacks

Like with Lucina, Shulk, and Roy/Chrom I can just kinda swing at people and they die. I like Wolf's neutral game more then any of them but I'm not used to actually having to be super precise to kill fools so it's an area of improvement lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Less than 100 days til E3

Hope it's a good one - it should be fun at least

All I really want is a trailer on par with Mario Odyssey's E3 2017 one and the Switch reveal trailer for BOTW. Those were some real ****ing good trailers.
Literally all I want from E3 is a Smash character reveal...
Every other announcement from them could be mediocre, and I'd still be satisfied with just a character announcement
What I'm curious about, is who they would choose to reveal at such a big event, like this?
I'd assume it'd be a major third party, assuming that's the usual E3 gig...
Whom exactly, I'm not quite sure...

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Every other announcement from them could be mediocre, and I'd still be satisfied with just a character announcement
What I'm curious about, is who they would choose to reveal at such a big event, like this?
Whom, exactly, I'm not quite sure...
Can genuinely see Steve being announced at E3. Or at least some kind of Microsoft rep.
Both Nintendo and Microsoft will have a presence at E3 (unlike Sony), so it'd be a great opportunity.
Plus, assuming that Fighter number 2 is Erdrick, who mostly appeals to a Japanese audience, I can see number 3 being a Western-focused character. And E3 focuses on a Western audience.

D

Deleted member

Look at it this way.

If you like Smash Bros., last year's E3 Direct was pretty alright. If not, last year's E3 Direct was horrible. With how many games that're stacked for this year, there's no way it could get more worse than last year.

I expect another 2014-feeling E3 from Nintendo, for sure.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Look at it this way.

If you like Smash Bros., last year's E3 Direct was pretty alright. If not, last year's E3 Direct was horrible. With how many games that're stacked for this year, there's no way it could get more worse than last year.

I expect another 2014-feeling E3 from Nintendo, for sure.
It probably still won't be as good, due to the likely absence of Robot Chicken sketches...
Can genuinely see Steve being announced at E3. Or at least some kind of Microsoft rep.
Both Nintendo and Microsoft will have a presence at E3 (unlike Sony), so it'd be a great opportunity.
Plus, assuming that Fighter number 2 is Erdrick, who mostly appeals to a Japanese audience, I can see number 3 being a Western-focused character. And E3 focuses on a Western audience.
Yeah... now that you mention it, I feel like they could announce the first western character
Steve is a good bet, and Banjo and Crash are both possibilities, too...
Those are the only western characters that I feel even have a shot, so I'd be surprised if they picked anyone else...

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I Just wanna say:
E3 2015: Xenoblade X trailer
E3 2017: Xenoblade 2 trailer

Another 2 years have passed, so no, it's not "too soon"

D

Deleted member

It probably still won't be as good, due to the likely absence of Robot Chicken sketches...
The Robot Chicken bits were a great bonus to what was nothing short of a string of godlike showcase after showcase.

Hyrule Warriors, Mii / Palutena reveal with Smash For showcase, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2, Splatoon - as much **** as we all give the Wii U, that Direct was amazing. They knew what to begin with and how to order **** properly.

I have no idea how they thought it was a good idea to cold open with DAEMON X MACHINA and Xenoblade 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country last year. As amazing Torna was, it isn't an "opener game" for a showcase. Hell, no RPG can open a huge showcase really, unless if it's Final Fantasy VII Remake.

D

Deleted member

You may consider like me that Rythm Heaven could have more representation in Smash, since it is a big Nintendo IP.
At least a stage if a fighter isn’t possible.

Regarding E3, I just hope to see cool new games.

X 2 pls, Monolithsoft...

We need Elma to be relevant again
If we can’t get a port of X, then this could be another option.

D

Deleted member

Are we already talking about E3?
I'll give my 2 cents, then: I don't think we're getting anything related to Pokemon as part of the E3 Direct. Period. I remember how they did it with Sun and Moon, and I think the reveal schedule for Sword and Shield is going to be similar.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Also on E3 speculation: The Pokémon direct said there'd be more releases this year. The last Mystery Dungeon was in goddamn 2015.
We need a good one again.

Also, Pikmin 4 still happening?

So my top 4 realistic hopes for E3 right now are:

1: XCX2
2: PMD6
3: Pikmin 4
4: Sylux fighter pass

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You may consider like me that Rythm Heaven could have more representation in Smash, since it is a big Nintendo IP.
At least a stage if a fighter isn’t possible.
I sure hope so
The Robot Chicken bits were a great bonus to what was nothing short of a string of godlike showcase after showcase.

Hyrule Warriors, Mii / Palutena reveal with Smash For showcase, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Mario Maker, Bayonetta 2, Splatoon - as much **** as we all give the Wii U, that Direct was nothing short of amazing. They knew what to begin with and how to order **** properly.

I have no idea how they thought it was a good idea to cold open with DAEMON X MACHINA and Xenoblade 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country last year. As amazing Torna was, it isn't an "opener game" for a showcase. Hell, no RPG can open a huge showcase really, unless if it's Final Fantasy VII Remake.
My post was kind of a joke... The lack of sketches won't be a dealbreaker for me at all...

Just because I'm curious, how do you see the order of announcements going like?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also on E3 speculation: The Pokémon direct said there'd be more releases this year. The last Mystery Dungeon was in goddamn 2015.

Why Sylux is among realistic ones?

D

Deleted member

My hopes would be these:
1: New 2D Metroid game
2: Reignited Trilogy port
3: More of Mario Maker 2
4: Another Ultimate Alliance 3 trailer since the game releases on summer
5: Pikmin stuff
6: Dark Samus and Richter amiibo reveals
7: More about Sword & Shield
8: Surprise reveal

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If he was planned before MP4 was cancelled (which I still believe in) they won't remove him
I honestly still don't expect him, at all...

I'd assume Prime 4 was scheduled for a spring 2020 release, at the earliest, and I expect they had the development problems for a good long while

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly they've already showed off most of the things I wanna pick up this year, so all I really want is more Astral Chain info and a Xenoblade Chronicles X/X2/3 reveal, if we're getting any Xenoblade info it's probably an XCX port.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Predictions:

No Pokemon in the direct itself (it might get its own direct shortly before E3 cos TPC does its own thing), but it will be covered at the Treehouse event.

The direct will start with a trailer for a 2020 game like what they did DxM last year. However, most the focus will be on 2019 games. We might get a trailer for something new coming Autumn/Winter 2019, like Mario Party last year, but like Mario Party, it's not going to be that major of a title.

Bulk of the focus will be on 2019 titles we already know about. We might have a short section on Mario Maker (it's coming out June, but we don't know when yet), we'll definitely have something on Three Houses, hopefully something on Luigi's Mansion, something on Link's Awakening and something on Astral Chain. Then there's the big one (other than Pokemon): Animal Crossing. That's either going get it's own section of the direct or be the 'one last thing'. But when Odyssey was one last thing, that worked as we'd already seen a decent amount of gameplay footage, while we haven't seen anything of Animal Crossing yet: they might want a dedicated section to explain things a bit rather than just dumping a trailer at the end.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
By this time next year, all Fighter Pack DLC characters will be released. That is, all of them will be released by February 2020. Not just announced, actually released.

So what, then, is everyone's DLC Character timeline?
Keep in mind that there are five DLC packs. Nobody knows details about the development of any. The contents are a fighter, a stage, and "additional music tracks".

November 2018:
Masahiro Sakurai - "Super Smash Bros DLC Line-up is now complete". Note that this does not imply that they weren't already working fighter pack characters before the line-up was complete. In fact, it's blatantly obvious they were.

December 2018:
Joker revealed

February 2019:
Joker teased, release date April 2019

April 2019:
Joker released (anywhere from 116-145 days from reveal).
By this time, another character (Second) should be revealed/teased.
From this point, I'm going with an "every two months" rule.

June 2019:
E3 officially starts June 11. Unlike other conferences, Nintendo's event was on the first official day of the event.
Another character (Third) should be revealed/teased.

August 2019:
Another character (Fourth) should be revealed/teased.
Incidentally, ~116 days from an April reveal (counting from the 30th) would be in August.
Second should be released.

October 2019:
Another character (Fifth) should be revealed/teased.
Incidentally, 116 days from June 11th is October 5th.
Third should be released.

December 2019:
The game awards might be a little bit less relevant this time.
In a similar fashion as previous characters, Fourth should be released. Our magic number 116 days away from the end of August is... well, Christmas.

February 2020:
Fifth is released.

Disclaimer:
The "116" figure should be taken with a grain of salt as it is only being used as an estimating tool against the last days of April and August as well as June 11th.

Fifth being released in February 2020 is mostly out of obligation to have all of the characters out in time.

TL;DR:
My official "will probably only be approximately correct again" prediction for the Fighter Pass time line is that, with Joker's release in April, we will get a reveal every two months and know everyone by the end of October, 2019.
Starting August 2019, we will see one release every 2 months.

Counterpoint:
They could also just reveal/release however they feel like it, because Nintendo does what Nintendo wants.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

By this time next year, all Fighter Pack DLC characters will be released. That is, all of them will be released by February 2020. Not just announced, actually released.

So what, then, is everyone's DLC Character timeline?
Keep in mind that there are five DLC packs. Nobody knows details about the development of any. The contents are a fighter, a stage, and "additional music tracks".

November 2018:
Masahiro Sakurai - "Super Smash Bros DLC Line-up is now complete". Note that this does not imply that they weren't already working fighter pack characters before the line-up was complete. In fact, it's blatantly obvious they were.

December 2018:
Joker revealed

February 2019:
Joker teased, release date April 2019

April 2019:
Joker released (anywhere from 116-145 days from reveal).
By this time, another character (Second) should be revealed/teased.
From this point, I'm going with an "every two months" rule.

June 2019:
E3 officially starts June 11. Unlike other conferences, Nintendo's event was on the first official day of the event.
Another character (Third) should be revealed/teased.

August 2019:
Another character (Fourth) should be revealed/teased.
Incidentally, ~116 days from an April reveal (counting from the 30th) would be in August.
Second should be released.

October 2019:
Another character (Fifth) should be revealed/teased.
Incidentally, 116 days from June 11th is October 5th.
Third should be released.

December 2019:
The game awards might be a little bit less relevant this time.
In a similar fashion as previous characters, Fourth should be released. Our magic number 116 days away from the end of August is... well, Christmas.

February 2020:
Fifth is released.

The "116" figure should be taken with a grain of salt as it is only being used as an estimating tool against the last days of April and August as well as June 11th.

Fifth being released in February 2020 is mostly out of obligation to have all of the characters out in time.

TL;DR:
My official "will probably only be approximately correct again" prediction for the Fighter Pass time line is that, with Joker's release in April, we will get a reveal every two months and know everyone by the end of October, 2019.
Starting August 2019, we will see one release every 2 months.

Counterpoint:
They could also just reveal/release however they feel like it, because Nintendo does what Nintendo wants.
My DLC Timeline is "Whenever the **** Nintendo wants things to happen"

D

Deleted member

I sure hope so

My post was kind of a joke... The lack of sketches won't be a dealbreaker for me at all...

Just because I'm curious, how do you see the order of announcements going like?
Ah, well hey, ya got my thoughts out of me. :psycho: Anyways, E3 2019? Chock full of stuff, especially to fill in that gap that Reggie will leave come next month.
Here's what I think.

• They need to start off big, to prove why the Switch is worth needing in 2019. I don't think now would be the time to reveal another Smash character. Save that for the end. Rather, the reveal for Animal Crossing on the Switch, finally. The wait has been strong, might as well get it out of the way.
  • After then, they'll just go into the meat of things. Third party wise? I expect a showcase/reminder of DOOM: Eternal coming to the Switch and other third parties like CTR.
  • Updates for the Online Service, hopefully. They really gotta prove to the consumers why it's worth the 20 dollars, and right now, they're still not doing that.
  • If Microsoft's conference isn't first, then no doubt we'll get the announcements of Nintendo and Microsoft's collaborations. At this point, it's a guaranteed thing that's happening, and I have a feeling showcasing Game Pass with games known to Nintendo, like Banjo-Kazooie, will happen.
  • Final pushes for Super Mario Maker 2 and Fire Emblem: Three Houses are practically guaranteed, but they won't take long.
  • Mother 3.
  • Guarantees shadow drop, since every Direct has something available the day it airs. At this rate, it's up in the air, considering we never knew anything about Tetris 99, then it became an insane killer app.
  • I have a feeling with VII, X/X-2, IX, and XII, Crystal Chronicles Remastered won't be the only Final Fantasy announcement. Whether it be Final Fantasy VI Remake with the 2D-HD Engine or something else, they have something up their sleeve.
  • Metroid Prime 4. Teaser, but it's Metroid Prime 4.
  • Also in-line with Square Enix, Secret of Mana Collection is happening. Those trademarks for "Collection of Mana" HAVE to mean something.
  • Final trailer for Astral Chain. But Platinum won't be done yet, as they'll FINALLY give an official reveal for Bayonetta 3. End of the year release, probably.
  • They wanna push Pokemon like a ************, and we've seen Pokemon for most E3s - if not, all of them - so Pokemon Sword and Shield are getting another showcase, absolutely.
  • To keep up with the pattern, we're either gonna get Xenoblade Chronicles 3 or X-2 from Monolith Soft. Considering that they had Torna ~ The Golden Country last year, it'll just be a simple teaser like how Xenoblade X started.
  • Ending it off with a Smash character. Since it's E3? Maybe this will also be in-line with the Microsoft collaborations and Banjo will happen, who knows. Trying to fit a DLC character for E3 is pretty tricky, has to be on the levels of Ryu.

That's all I can think of, really.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
if steve is in, e3 is absolutely steve - for a video games convention you don't get any announcement bigger than him

also dark sun should totally have been the final boss theme for persona 5 instead of what we got, don't @ me

osby

Smash Obsessed
if steve is in, e3 is absolutely steve - for a video games convention you don't get any announcement bigger than him

also dark sun should totally have been the final boss theme for persona 5 instead of what we got, don't @ me
Dark Sun is cool but I feel like current last boss theme is more tolarable to listen for 1+ hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom