• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Dark Sun is cool but I feel like current last boss theme is more tolarable to listen for 1+ hour.
tbh it just sucks that p5 has such a stellar soundtrack and then the final boss theme is probably the most forgettable battle theme in the game

like cmon meguro my guy, the song's name is literally just the boss's name

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My DLC Timeline is "Whenever the **** Nintendo wants things to happen"
The post was mostly for the benefit of those who are interested in a structured speculation, and just to get down my thoughts on a "what-if".

I mean, they could unload all the information at E3 instead and I probably wouldn't bat an eye.

D

Deleted member

Hey look Smash gameplay on my twitter:

The post was mostly for the benefit of those who are interested in a structured speculation, and just to get down my thoughts on a "what-if".

I mean, they could unload all the information at E3 instead and I probably wouldn't bat an eye.
Oh that makes sense lol

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

if steve is in, e3 is absolutely steve - for a video games convention you don't get any announcement bigger than him
If past history with Smash and E3 are anything to go by, here's what we got.

E3 2013: Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
E3 2014: Mii, Dark Pit and Palutena
E3 2015: Roy and Ryu (DLC)
E3 2018: Daisy and Ridley

Looking at what us foreigners would be down for and what Japan would be down for, too, it's simple.

E3 2019 will reveal Raiden and we'll get Metal Gear Rising music. Vocals, too, with the reveal of Revengeance 2 after said reveal.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If past history with Smash and E3 are anything to go by, here's what we got.

E3 2013: Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fit Trainer
E3 2014: Mii, Dark Pit and Palutena
E3 2015: Roy and Ryu (DLC)
E3 2018: Daisy and Ridley

Looking at what us foreigners would be down for and what Japan would be down for, too, it's simple.

E3 2019 will reveal Raiden and we'll get Metal Gear Rising music. Vocals, too, with the reveal of Revengeance 2 after said reveal.

STANDING HERE, I REALISE
YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME
TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I hope the Smash DLC reveal isn't the last thing shown at the E3 direct, otherwise it'd be a bit lame:
2017: 'Here's Odyssey!'
2018: 'Here's Smash (and Ridley!)'
2019: 'Here's Smash ... again'.

The 'one last thing' is inevitably going to be talked about a lot, so I'd rather something else got its chance in the spotlight. Let another franchise get the big finish.

By this time next year, all Fighter Pack DLC characters will be released. That is, all of them will be released by February 2020. Not just announced, actually released.

So what, then, is everyone's DLC Character timeline?
Keep in mind that there are five DLC packs. Nobody knows details about the development of any. The contents are a fighter, a stage, and "additional music tracks".

November 2018:
Masahiro Sakurai - "Super Smash Bros DLC Line-up is now complete". Note that this does not imply that they weren't already working fighter pack characters before the line-up was complete. In fact, it's blatantly obvious they were.

December 2018:
Joker revealed

February 2019:
Joker teased, release date April 2019

April 2019:
Joker released (anywhere from 116-145 days from reveal).
By this time, another character (Second) should be revealed/teased.
From this point, I'm going with an "every two months" rule.

June 2019:
E3 officially starts June 11. Unlike other conferences, Nintendo's event was on the first official day of the event.
Another character (Third) should be revealed/teased.

August 2019:
Another character (Fourth) should be revealed/teased.
Incidentally, ~116 days from an April reveal (counting from the 30th) would be in August.
Second should be released.

October 2019:
Another character (Fifth) should be revealed/teased.
Incidentally, 116 days from June 11th is October 5th.
Third should be released.

December 2019:
The game awards might be a little bit less relevant this time.
In a similar fashion as previous characters, Fourth should be released. Our magic number 116 days away from the end of August is... well, Christmas.

February 2020:
Fifth is released.

Disclaimer:
The "116" figure should be taken with a grain of salt as it is only being used as an estimating tool against the last days of April and August as well as June 11th.

Fifth being released in February 2020 is mostly out of obligation to have all of the characters out in time.

TL;DR:
My official "will probably only be approximately correct again" prediction for the Fighter Pass time line is that, with Joker's release in April, we will get a reveal every two months and know everyone by the end of October, 2019.
Starting August 2019, we will see one release every 2 months.

Counterpoint:
They could also just reveal/release however they feel like it, because Nintendo does what Nintendo wants.
I have no predictions other than the hypothetical Square rep being the last one revealed just because

D

Deleted member

*ahem*
Grookey is inferior to Scorbunny and Sobble
and that's ****ING SCIENCE
JUST ASK ALBERT EINSTEIN
HE INVENTED SPACE

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
*ahem*
Grookey is inferior to Scorbunny and Sobble
and that's ****ING SCIENCE
JUST ASK ALBERT EINSTEIN
HE INVENTED SPACE
We are no longer friends despite the Dinosaur Laser Fight reference.

Grookey gang grookey gang grookey gang

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

STANDING HERE, I REALISE
YOU ARE JUST LIKE ME
TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY
God it's sad how we never got Revengeance music. Like, it's already bad enough they couldn't get a single port of FF music, but man, they could've went all out with music.

Smash Ultimate's the "biggest crossover in gaming history", yet Mario Hoops 3-on-3 has more Final Fantasy than Ultimate's offerings for music.

stumped scott.png

Iridium

Smash Hero
I would love to see a new Zelda that takes inspiration from BOTW's very early futuristic concepts. Bonus points for a cyberpunk society.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would piss myself from the huge and deep laughts I would have in that moment.
That game is hilarious for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How about a Yoshi 3D Platformer? :yoshi:
I feel like people would find a way to outright break the game wide open if Yoshi's flutter jump was permanently available in a 3D setting.

Probably wouldn't be as bad in that regard as a 3D Kirby platformer, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This would be my reaction if Metal Gear Rising got a new port or a sequel.
06682F7D-8723-48CF-948F-311A9186D2D1.gif

There isn’t any other game which made me laugh so much with the randomness of its plot like Rising.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think one of the code names should be blatantly on the nose and similar to something else to throw people off. Like “Master” literally being the Master from Paper Mario 64.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Canonically sure but in the World of Smash or headcanons alone anything's possible. :p
The more I think about it too. I can just picture once he and Rosalina had gotten together that Ridley's trying his best to be a good father to :ultlucas:trying to have father-son time with him but failing miserably. :laugh:
Don’t think the World of Smash affects the personalities of characters who wouldn’t know better...so Rosalina still gonna doe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom