• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I think i'm gonna take a break from here.

Half a year ago I learned of something terrible. And as much as i've tried to ignore it (Because there's really nothing I can do about it) i'm finding it harder and harder to not think about it. It's like a dark cloud, always looming over me and stopping me from being truly happy.

I can't be Noipoi right now. I can't be this happy go-lucky guy, always trying to help and be everyone's friend. Because i'm not happy. I think I just need some time to myself. Maybe that time will last a month, maybe i'll be back tomorrow. We'll see. I'm not leaving forever, so don't worry about that.

I'm sorry for not being the cheery guy you want me to be, and i'm sorry for disappointing you.
Take as long as you need. Take good care of yourself and I hope you’re able to get these feelings sorted out. You’ll always have our support dude, we’ll be wishing you the best!

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Imagine having a track of bad luck one after another, each time getting more into your brain and many people in your family.

I took the decission to leave... And Cia made that post treating it as a call of attention.

The post they made got 10 likes... Meaning that people supported Cia's idea.

I found it as if many users here took me as some kind of scum.
There are some pieces of toxic behavior in this forum that get likes for no reason, but this definitely goes on top.
You don't deserve that man. Sorry.
Oh my god, you just reminded of a user that was here a long time ago that had this as his profile picture and said nya in everything.

Man, it's crazy how it was a year ago.
sweat

D

Deleted member

There are some pieces of toxic behavior in this forum that get likes for no reason, but this definitely goes on top.
You don't deserve that man. Sorry.
I appreciate your help.
I just don't know anymore... Maybe I did something here that made many look at me with a bad light, but I'm not sure.

D

Deleted member

Imagine having a track of bad luck one after another, each time getting more into your brain and many people in your family.

I took the decission to leave... And Cia made that post treating it as a call of attention.

The post they made got 10 likes... Meaning that people supported Cia's idea.

I found it as if many users here took me as some kind of scum.
That's not what it was like at all.

We didn't know that it was IRL circumstances causing you to leave, and from the way your post alongside your previous posts were worded made us think you were doing what Cla said; the whole "oh man I did bad stuff guys I'm leaving" thing to fish for attention. You're not scum, man.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Oh my god you just reminded of a user that was here a long time ago that had this as his profile picture and said nya in everything. It's kinda crazy that it was a year ago, I wonder where he is.
I thought you were joking when you said everything, so I checked. I've never seen anything funnier than this here.

D

Deleted member

Oh my god you just reminded of a user that was here a long time ago that had this as his profile picture and said nya in everything. It's kinda crazy that it was a year ago, I wonder where he is.
Probably just, nya, chilling somewhere, nya, like a boss!!! X3 X3 X3

i feel filthy

D

Deleted member

FEH is eating up my phone data, dang it.
I should play it more often.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

tbh i think ramen put it best
Father, today I ask forgiveness of all the negative and harmful words I have spoken about myself. I do not want to abuse myself in such a way again. Transform my thoughts and let me understand how marvelously you made me. Change my habits so I use my tongue to speak hope and favor upon my life. In Jesus' name

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Reflecting back on Gen 7 and all the bashing it received, I'm starting to see some irony to it. The most frequent games I see people bring up as examples of "good" Pokemon games are Black and White and their sequels, which I actually agree are the best titles in the series so far. It's funny, though, because no generation was bashed harder then Gen 5. That was the era when genwunning hit its peak. Pokemon designs aside, I also remember a ton of bashing for it following the old Pokemon formula as well.

I think what happened is that as time passed, the people who bashed it the most eventually forgot about it and moved on. On the other hand, I think a lot of younger players got older and more vocal in the fanbase. Now Black and White have some nostalgia to their name as well.

I think some point in the future, when a lot of the kids who love Gen 7 today are older and feeling nostalgic themselves, we're going to see a resurgence in Gen 7 love. The Alola games are undoubtedly heavily flawed with their limited exploration and unskippable cutscenes, but they also managed to stand out in a lot of ways such as implementing ride pokemon and changing things up from the old gym formula, if only slightly. And when that era comes, whatever game was most recent at that point in time will likely be bashed by a lot of Gen 7 fans as well.
I was shilling Gen 5 ever since I played Black and White. Didn't care if the pokemon designs weren't the best in the series(though it had some good ones), the game itself was the most fun. And Gen 7 was clean too.

Really only Gen 6 was kind of a blur of nothingness in the middle of its game, much like Frozen is for Disney movies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

shrek.jpg
Get back to work Mr. Squidward
"Gasps"

I was shilling Gen 5 ever since I played Black and White. Didn't care if the pokemon designs weren't the best in the series(though it had some good ones), the game itself was the most fun. And Gen 7 was clean too.

Really only Gen 6 was kind of a blur of nothingness in the middle of its game, much like Frozen is for Disney movies.
Finally, someone with good taste!

Gen 5 was great, gen 7 was good and I was not as much of a fan in Gen 6. Gen 6 is fine though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom