• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ganondorf at 3.1 million GSP; still no Elite Smash.
Excluding GSP, what are the criteria?
No one ****ing knows.

Though I've seen multiple accounts of people thinking total win/loss with that character also contributes.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ganondorf at 3.1 million GSP; still no Elite Smash.
Excluding GSP, what are the criteria?
Just win. It's more volatile when you start, but it'll even out and you'll be forced to win consistently to progress.
3.3 mil is the minimum for Western US for me

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No one ****ing knows.

Though I've seen multiple accounts of people thinking total win/loss with that character also contributes.
Just win.
3.3 mil is the minimum for Western US for me
Thank you both, I suppose I’ll just continue to raise it.
Idon Idon ,
I’d be using the Australian servers. I have no idea what the minimum is heee. I’ll look it up.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Thank you both, I suppose I’ll just continue to raise it.
Idon Idon ,
I’d be using the Australian servers. I have no idea what the minimum is heee. I’ll look it up.
Australian huh?

My friend made elite the other day at 3.2 million.

I got in at 1 million but that was way back near launch. Haven't been kicked out with my main so I'd go with when my friend got in.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I think after listening to the soundtrack again for the last half hour, I've decided I'm going to stream/record/whatever a full playthrough of Panzer Dragoon Saga one day. I don't even like streaming. I just think it's a crime that so few in the world have experienced this game.

Its sheer existence is why I don't get the hype for FF7. This was ahead of its time. It's so ****ing great. The best 32-bit era RPG.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've made some massive improvements, especially with Squirtle, over the past month. Like, watching old replays of my Squirtle play from just a couple weeks ago is painful to me because of how bad I was at playing him back then. Yet despite how much I've improved, Elite Smash feels just as hard to stay in. Is this because of the player base as a whole improving at around the same rate or something?

It's kind of frustrating to me how much work it takes to get into Elite Smash only to have it all undone after only a couple of losses. It feels like pushing a boulder up a hill. It takes a ton of hard work and energy to push it up, but it effortlessly comes tumbling back down immediately afterwards.

What's even weirder is that I have no real issues keeping Ridley in Elite Smash, even though I don't think my Ridley is even that good. Yet I'm struggling with Pokemon Trainer for some reason.

D

Deleted member

T
Australian huh?

My friend made elite the other day at 3.2 million.

I got in at 1 million but that was way back near launch. Haven't been kicked out with my main so I'd go with when my friend got in.
Thank you!
If that’s the case, then one hundred thousand more should be sufficient.
Much appreciated. :)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
As of now, I've got :ultcloud::ultganondorf::ultinkling::ultincineroar::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultzelda::ultpokemontrainerf::ultchrom::ultken::ultshulk::ultmegaman: and :ultkrool:into Elite Smash. :ultsnake: and :ultkrool:are my highest ranks despite only picking up Snake VERY recently and only touching K. Rool a few times. GSP is weird.

Regardless of that, I kinda just steer clear from quick play and do lobbies all day. More stage variety, consistency, no risk of bull**** rulesets, significantly less tea-bagging, better sportsmanship, and no stressing out about arbitrary numbers that only serve to frustrate me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Silence intensifies.

I am sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Question.

What are everyone's favorite video games and what are games you hope to see on the Switch?
I haven't got a particularly extensive list as I haven't really tried to order it before, but these are my top 3 for sure:

1. Majora's Mask. The best Zelda game videogame thing ever. I love its atmosphere, its focus on the lives of Termina's doomed citizens, its music, its (admittedly few) dungeons, the mask transformations and its uniqueness in a series where most games involve Zelda/Hyrule/Ganon/The Triforce/The Master Sword etc - it really feels like a breath of fresh air. And the 3-day mechanic is absolute genius. I cannot overstate how much I ****ing love this game.

2. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door. This game being so good is what makes Paper Mario's current state so much more miserable. I rate it over PM64 (which is also very, very good) because this game feels like it had more of an 'edge' or creative freedom than most other Mario games - the hub world is a crime-ridden ****heap, Mario becomes a professional wrestler, Rogueport is built upon the ruins of an ancient civilization (I loved that aspect), Mario has his identity stolen, you go round solving mysteries on a train etc. The list goes on.

3. Pikmin 2. Why I main Olimar in Smash. I love Pikmin as it isn't some epic story of good vs. evil: you're just a guy trying to save your life/your company, fighting against creatures that aren't malicious, but just see you and your Pikmin as prey. The Piklopedia aspect also gave the world a great deal of depth and I love the strategic element of the caves.

Other than that, I love me some Pokemon HG/SS (the amount of content in that game is just ridiculous) and some classic city-building games on the PC (a really underappreciated genre IMO).

As for games I want on the Switch? Well Pikmin 4 if it ever comes out and a hypothetical good new Paper Mario game (as if...). Failing that, a new Mario and Luigi RPG game on the Switch would be cool, though I'm not expecting one to come out for a while given that we just got the Bowser's Inside Story remake. I'd also like more WiiU ports like Mario Maker. And a new Wario Land would be neato.

Last edited:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I've made some massive improvements, especially with Squirtle, over the past month. Like, watching old replays of my Squirtle play from just a couple weeks ago is painful to me because of how bad I was at playing him back then. Yet despite how much I've improved, Elite Smash feels just as hard to stay in. Is this because of the player base as a whole improving at around the same rate or something?

It's kind of frustrating to me how much work it takes to get into Elite Smash only to have it all undone after only a couple of losses. It feels like pushing a boulder up a hill. It takes a ton of hard work and energy to push it up, but it effortlessly comes tumbling back down immediately afterwards.

What's even weirder is that I have no real issues keeping Ridley in Elite Smash, even though I don't think my Ridley is even that good. Yet I'm struggling with Pokemon Trainer for some reason.
You play Trainer and Ridley?
My exact mains (Although I can't get elite. I've reached 3,2 mil a few times but everytime some nonsense happens and in 2 battles I find myself back at 2,8)

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Y'all ready for February 7th?

I expect gifts in the mail.

Or hatemail depending on what Nintendo ends up actually doing.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I may be late, but what happens then?
It's my guess for the direct since mid-December.
Though it may be a week later.

Everyone keeps jumping the gun and saying it'll be in January.
I would be pretty happy if I ended up wrong and it ended up being in January after all (latest is next Thursday), but I expect a pretty interesting news reveal pattern either way...

We'll see though

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Good morning y'all, how are you all doing?

Sorry for being a depressing ***** last night. I feel better though.

- sonic is now faster
- brave removed from the game
intern-kun: "mr sakurai, they've found brave, what do we do"
sakurai: "add the DQ3 victory theme into the sound files and label it "snd_bgm_Z83_F_Erdrick""

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also there's gotta be a direct next week at this point, right? 2.0.0 isn't officially announced, so i'd be surprised if it wasn't "Piranha Plant and the version 2.0.0 update are available now" with pricing and stuff

and then a Joker trailer pretty please

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
also there's gotta be a direct next week at this point, right? 2.0.0 isn't officially announced, so i'd be surprised if it wasn't "Piranha Plant and the version 2.0.0 update are available now" with pricing and stuff

and then a Joker trailer pretty please
And a tease for Erdrick

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
A patch? Noice - plus if the Plant's getting released alongside it, this would fit in with Sakurai's tweet yesterday

The real question though is who's gonna get buffed? And who's gonna get a dose of vitamin nerf?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
A patch? Noice - plus if the Plant's getting released alongside it, this would fit in with Sakurai's tweet yesterday

The real question though is who's gonna get buffed? And who's gonna get a dose of vitamin nerf?
Inb4 :ultgreninja: gets nerfed again, meaning the meme lives for another day

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
come to think of it, the plant is releasing 'in February'

the last direct was on a Thursday; 1st February is a Friday

i give chances of an "available tomorrow" reveal a solid 99%

D

Deleted member

I'm betting some of the noob killers will receive some light nerfs. I'm guessing bury times will be reduced to nerf K.Rool amd Inkling (even though they don't need them) and Chrom will eat something too (even though he doesn't need one).

Little Mac and Kirby at the LEAST will get buffs, maybe Jr. and Sheik too.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm betting some of the noob killers will receive some light nerfs. I'm guessing bury times will be reduced to nerf K.Rool amd Inkling (even though they don't need them) and Chrom will eat something too (even though he doesn't need one).

Little Mac and Kirby at the LEAST will get buffs, maybe Jr. and Sheik too.
wrong, k. rool now shoots lasers from his red eye, buries on every attack, his belly is invincible, and his counter is now passive

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

Sakurais tweet yesterday?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I believe that Ridley has shown that he’s not a terrible fighter like most people thought he was but it wouldn’t hurt to see him get a few buffs. Chrom is definitely gonna get hit good with nerfs though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom