• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
A bit random, but what are your favorite video game music tracks? I've been listening to, and have been messing around with VGM a lot recently, like putting 118 DKC songs on my iPod.

My personal favorites are:
  • Title Screen - Pikmin 2
  • Digga-Leg - SMG2
  • In a Snow-Bound Land - DKC2
  • Hot Head Bop - DKC2
  • Opening - DKC
  • The Piklopedia - Pikmin 2
  • Parallel Meta Knight/King Dedede Battle - Kirby Star Allies
  • Let the Battles Begin - FF7

And sadly, only two of them are in Smash :(
I can't reasonably list them all. They're practically all I listen to. :p

That said, Xenoblade, Donkey Kong, Banjo-Kazooie, Etrian Odyssey, Zelda, Jazz Jackrabbit, are all standout series in the music department, to name a few.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Wait. Trace Memory is a good game?

I picked it up at GameStop because it was $0.99 and I was visiting to see a friend. I've never played it. Sitting right here though.
Oh yeah. It's not a very long game (5-7 hours), so you could easily beat it in 2-3 sittings. For that reason alone, I'd say it's worth your time, since it won't take up much of it. Same goes for anyone else here who's interested in a good, unique story with some innovative DS gameplay. I'd detail a bit about the story and gameplay, but since you already own the game, you might as well go in totally blind and let the game draw you in naturally.

There's just a few wrinkles. One, there's a slide puzzle early in the game that's randomized and thus difficult to pass if you're not very good at them (back when I was younger I'd sometimes have to have other people do it for me). So be prepared for that.

Two, some of the puzzles require backtracking to pick up items from earlier in the game that you can't pick up until you encounter the puzzle later (though all the puzzles/item usages are pretty straightforward, unlike a lot of older graphic adventure games). It's not that big of a deal, but just something to keep in mind if you get stuck. Also, some of the puzzles require some "innovative" use of the DS's design, and might not be easy to figure out. So if there's a puzzle or two where nothing seems to be working, you might need to get creative.

Three, to get the true ending, you have to be really diligent with examining the environment and objects. I myself didn't get it until many years later (like 2013 or later) because I never knew everything you had to see/do, and it wasn't until I looked up a list and made sure I did all of them. Problem is, first time going through the game, looking at that list might be spoilery. Since it's not a long list, as the game isn't terribly long, I copy/pasted the list below and edited out any details that might be spoilers. There's one point on the list in particular that's really easy to miss, so I pointed it out.

---------
Chapter 1
---------
outside gate: Look at the stone marker on the path.
Cemetery: Look at the gravestones.
Mine: Look at the plaque after using the wire brush on it.
porters lodge: Get the photo from the lab coat.
porters lodge: Get the Trace Memory essay cover.

---------
Chapter 2
---------
Entrance: Look at both bird pictures a couple of times.
Hallway: Look twice at the painting of Lawrence at the end of the hall.
Music Room: Look at the painting next to the piano.
Music Room: Try the piano
Butlers Room: Read the letter in the left wardrobe.
Butlers Room: Look at the photo album in the middle wardrobe.
Butlers Room: Look at the scroll in the right wardrobe, look at all the names underlined.
Butlers Room: Look at the notebook in the right wardrobe.
Butlers Room: Use the charcoal on the note pad to reveal a message.
Golden Bird: Look at the gun case on the desk.
Silver Bird: Walk over to the rug, look at the birdcage.
Silver Bird: Read the diary, piece together the ripped page.

---------
Chapter 3
---------
Art Room: Look at the drawing on the table near the window in the upper-right of the room.
Art Room: Look at the drawing on the art stand.
Franny's room: Look at the teddy bear in the display case.
Franny's room: Look at the ribbon on the bed.
Franny's room: Look at the sketch book and complete the stamp puzzle.
Henry's room: Look at the bottle and find a way to open it and acquire its contents.
Henry's room: Look at the small photo next to the bottle.
Henry's study: Look at the record player.
Secret room: Open up the briefcase on the high shelf.

---------
Chapter 4
---------
Dinning room: Look at the newspaper on the table.
Dinning room: Look at the painting of the two boys. Look at each boy then look at the picture frame.
Kitchen: Look at the blood stained handkerchief.

---------
Chapter 5
---------
Lawrence's Room: Look at the large portrait of three men on the wall, look at all three men.
Lawrence's Room: Open the desk draw with the golden bird key, read at the diary
Lawrence's Room: Open the draw next to the bed to find a will.
Secret room: Give the unknown man some of the candy you got in the beginning of the game (VERY EASY TO MISS, SO BE READY).
Secret room: Read the letter on the typewriter.
Secret room: Read the letter near the safe.
Secret room: Look at the account book in the safe.
Final Area: Look at the photo on the shelves and next to the computer.
Final Area: Read all messages on the computer.
Final Area: Pick up the teddy bear.

---------
Chapter 6
---------
The shoe on the ground (this might be mandatory).

It's such a relatively short game with such a great story that I think it could easily be made into a movie, and be one of the first good video game movies at that. Problem is, it's a very obscure game, so its quality wouldn't match its notoriety in the same way Mario or Pokemon would.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Can I also just say, shoutouts to Twitch for having the most broken and unfunctionable player on the entire 'net? Not only is the site ran by incels, but dip****s too, I suppose.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Power Rangers is essentially an American reworking of a long-running tokusatsu show called "Super Sentai"...
Are you explaining what Power Rangers is to yourself?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Does this thread need more Yume Nikki? No. The answer to that question is a resounding no. However I still feel obligated to insert such by existing here once more.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Does this thread need more Yume Nikki? No. The answer to that question is a resounding no. However I still feel obligated to insert such by existing here once more.
Objection! This thread does need more Yume Nikki.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Question.

What are everyone's favorite video games and what are games you hope to see on the Switch?
Favorite Games Ever (Limiting myself to 20 21 because I couldn't cut one)

Dragon Age 2
Mass Effect 2
Mass Effect 3
Resident Evil REmake
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 3
Super Mario Bros. 3
Gears of War 3
NiGHTS Into Dreams
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Metroid Prime 2
Mario Kart Double Dash
Phantasy Star IV
Street Fighter Alpha 3
Mortal Kombat X
Jet Set Radio Future
Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2

EDIT: Ah. ****. I forgot Mirror's Edge. That has to go on here.

These are the games that I could honestly pick up any time and play. Right now. There are so many games I look at fondly for various reasons, but if I had to compile a library of games I would never not want to play, these are it.

Here's to hoping RE2make will soon get on the list.

Games I Specifically Want on the Switch (that aren't on the list above)

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword -- Because the Wiimote stopped me from ever beating it. I can't. Give me controller support or joycons.
NiGHTS Journey of Dreams -- Same reason. Wiimote is imperfect and hard to play. Use the gyro sensor, joycon or a damn control stick.
Metroid Other M -- Again. Get rid of the Wiimote-specific functionality and, even with a terrible story, it's still something I'd play again.
Super Mario Sunshine -- Because I've never actually gotten all the blue coins. That sounds like a perfect on-the-go console thing to do.
Mario Strikers (or Charged) -- I just wanna play that again. Trying to get someone to come over and play an old Gamecube game is hard.
Wii Sports -- Because that's the easiest party game and I don't see why they haven't done it yet. I'd legit be happy to purchase it.
Street Fighter V -- Because I turn on my Switch far more than I turn on Steam.
Rogue Squadron (and its sequels) -- Because those games were awesome and deserve new life
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D -- So I can find people to play with again. Preferably with some "not an early 3DS title" updates.
Pokemon Stadium (1 or 2) -- Those minigames. Let me play those minigames on joycons with my friends.

Last edited:

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Question.

What are everyone's favorite video games and what are games you hope to see on the Switch?
My favourite video games are The Stanley Parable and Little Nightmares.

A game I hope to see on the Switch is A WARIOWARE GAME WAHAHA :4wario2::4wario2::4wario2:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Oh yeah. It's not a very long game (5-7 hours), so you could easily beat it in 2-3 sittings. For that reason alone, I'd say it's worth your time, since it won't take up much of it. Same goes for anyone else here who's interested in a good, unique story with some innovative DS gameplay. I'd detail a bit about the story and gameplay, but since you already own the game, you might as well go in totally blind and let the game draw you in naturally.

There's just a few wrinkles. One, there's a slide puzzle early in the game that's randomized and thus difficult to pass if you're not very good at them (back when I was younger I'd sometimes have to have other people do it for me). So be prepared for that.

Two, some of the puzzles require backtracking to pick up items from earlier in the game that you can't pick up until you encounter the puzzle later (though all the puzzles/item usages are pretty straightforward, unlike a lot of older graphic adventure games). It's not that big of a deal, but just something to keep in mind if you get stuck. Also, some of the puzzles require some "innovative" use of the DS's design, and might not be easy to figure out. So if there's a puzzle or two where nothing seems to be working, you might need to get creative.

Three, to get the true ending, you have to be really diligent with examining the environment and objects. I myself didn't get it until many years later (like 2013 or later) because I never knew everything you had to see/do, and it wasn't until I looked up a list and made sure I did all of them. Problem is, first time going through the game, looking at that list might be spoilery. Since it's not a long list, as the game isn't terribly long, I copy/pasted the list below and edited out any details that might be spoilers. There's one point on the list in particular that's really easy to miss, so I pointed it out.

---------
Chapter 1
---------
outside gate: Look at the stone marker on the path.
Cemetery: Look at the gravestones.
Mine: Look at the plaque after using the wire brush on it.
porters lodge: Get the photo from the lab coat.
porters lodge: Get the Trace Memory essay cover.

---------
Chapter 2
---------
Entrance: Look at both bird pictures a couple of times.
Hallway: Look twice at the painting of Lawrence at the end of the hall.
Music Room: Look at the painting next to the piano.
Music Room: Try the piano
Butlers Room: Read the letter in the left wardrobe.
Butlers Room: Look at the photo album in the middle wardrobe.
Butlers Room: Look at the scroll in the right wardrobe, look at all the names underlined.
Butlers Room: Look at the notebook in the right wardrobe.
Butlers Room: Use the charcoal on the note pad to reveal a message.
Golden Bird: Look at the gun case on the desk.
Silver Bird: Walk over to the rug, look at the birdcage.
Silver Bird: Read the diary, piece together the ripped page.

---------
Chapter 3
---------
Art Room: Look at the drawing on the table near the window in the upper-right of the room.
Art Room: Look at the drawing on the art stand.
Franny's room: Look at the teddy bear in the display case.
Franny's room: Look at the ribbon on the bed.
Franny's room: Look at the sketch book and complete the stamp puzzle.
Henry's room: Look at the bottle and find a way to open it and acquire its contents.
Henry's room: Look at the small photo next to the bottle.
Henry's study: Look at the record player.
Secret room: Open up the briefcase on the high shelf.

---------
Chapter 4
---------
Dinning room: Look at the newspaper on the table.
Dinning room: Look at the painting of the two boys. Look at each boy then look at the picture frame.
Kitchen: Look at the blood stained handkerchief.

---------
Chapter 5
---------
Lawrence's Room: Look at the large portrait of three men on the wall, look at all three men.
Lawrence's Room: Open the desk draw with the golden bird key, read at the diary
Lawrence's Room: Open the draw next to the bed to find a will.
Secret room: Give the unknown man some of the candy you got in the beginning of the game (VERY EASY TO MISS, SO BE READY).
Secret room: Read the letter on the typewriter.
Secret room: Read the letter near the safe.
Secret room: Look at the account book in the safe.
Final Area: Look at the photo on the shelves and next to the computer.
Final Area: Read all messages on the computer.
Final Area: Pick up the teddy bear.

---------
Chapter 6
---------
The shoe on the ground (this might be mandatory).

It's such a relatively short game with such a great story that I think it could easily be made into a movie, and be one of the first good video game movies at that. Problem is, it's a very obscure game, so its quality wouldn't match its notoriety in the same way Mario or Pokemon would.
You've sold me. I'm gonna start it on my train ride to work tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Question.

Don't have time to make an in-depth response, but these are my top 10:

10. Persona 5
9. Chrono Trigger
8. Splatoon 2 (Octo Expansion included with this one, it made me like the game waaaaaay more than I already did.)
7. Shadow of the Colossus
6. Luigi's Mansion
5. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
4. Oneshot
3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
2. Super Mario 64
1. Super Mario Odyssey

I would love to see Persona 5 and Chrono Trigger make it to Switch someday.

I'll elaborate on these games at another time, as I could write a book about why I love each one.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
The Belmonts are never fun to fight. No matter who I play as, they're just plain obnoxious to deal with.

whycouldntwejustgetbomberman?
They could’ve atleast left out Richter

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Favorites lists are always hard for me as I rarely if ever think of things in that capacity. Its odd to me on some level. Though I am definitely wanting to see Persona 5 on Switch along with Bayonetta 3. Would love a DMC game on there as well

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was finally able to upload that amazing battle I had on Quickplay the night.
Remember kids, this is why trying to cheese your way into Elite Smash is bad.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is the saltiest tweet I've ever seen.

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
I was finally able to upload that amazing battle I had on Quickplay the night.
Remember kids, this is why trying to cheese your way into Elite Smash is bad.
When I saw that thumbnail, I thought:

hmm, squirtle...chrom...water push and bad recovery...one stock...yeah i know what's coming
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is the saltiest tweet I've ever seen.
I-I don't understand! What could possibly cause this kind of hatre-ahh they were a bayo main ok

D

Deleted member

Thankfully Twitch didn't **** up on me during that lore dump, but man. That moment right there is kinda why A, Mother 3 = best game Nintendo ever put out, and B, really makes me wonder why people are trying to replicate Mother 3 / EarthBound when it comes to RPGs.

Also man, chat really is out there to spoil Vinny, huh. Just straight up spoiling who the last magypsie is. Thankfully there was a huge lore dump, but still.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
When I saw that thumbnail, I thought:

hmm, squirtle...chrom...water push and bad recovery...one stock...yeah i know what's coming
The thing is I forgot to look at the stock count when the match started, so I didn't realize we were playing one stock.

When the announcer shouted "game" I was extremely confused for a second before I starting laughing.

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
I still heavily dislike that scene. Im not really a fan of someone who is innocent getting crapped on like this. Especially since it was just helping a friend out that led to it and he just gets left out to dry
Well... the thing is, even if you take one girl, if you are dating another one this´ll happen, but the girl you took wont be there. Its basically your punishment for trying to be a Harem Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom