• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
That ****ing comic made me ****ing cry. I've read it more than any other Superman comic I own.
Same here. Its one of the few Superman stories that I feel truly captured the character accurately.
Superman is just 'goodness' in living flesh, his power is his humanity, not his superpowers. He is meant to be the best of us and so few people can capture that.

Also..is it just me or did every post replying to Swamp Sensei just..disappear?

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Same here. Its one of the few Superman stories that I feel truly captured the character accurately.
Superman is just 'goodness' in living flesh, his power is his humanity, not his superpowers. He is meant to be the best of us and so few people can capture that.

There were two Administrators in here earlier, so I suspect they were removing the posts for propreity's sake.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's because every comic needs to sell like Batman's, so they make every character they have Batman-ified. It's why all the best Superman stories are the one-shots and side stories that aren't in the numbered main series.

Superman is who we all need to be but fall short of.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
you arent supposed to reply to them as mod will take care of it. They sent me to the fourm support section so thats were I assume he goes. Personal information and all. and tel tell the truth, when im feelin that way, being bumbarded with posts isnt a good feeling

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also..is it just me or did every post replying to Swamp Sensei just..disappear
It looks like the mods want to keep conversations with Swamp about this in Swamp's PMs. It's a bit heavy for a stupid general thread to handle.

KMDP

Smash Legend
The card game is actually really really good, not gonna lie. The original DBZ card game that came to the states and the following GT game were terrible TCGs. But the new DBS game is a legitimately well structured and (mostly) balanced card game. We play it at our local card shop every Wednesday and the turnout keeps growing.

What's nice is each new pack they release is centered around a theme connecting them, and they draw from DB/Z/GT/S equally even though it's called "Super". Like one pack was called "Miraculous Revival," and it had cards centered around Revival of F, Fusion Reborn and the Super 17 arc in GT. All of the art is made new for the cards so it's not just regurgitated stills from the anime, something the old card games were guilty of. They're just cool to look at, and you can make a Yamcha/Roshi deck that's every bit as good as a Beerus/Whis deck.
Speaking of Dragon Ball card games.

I'm replaying Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors (I mentioned this in NintenZone).

Just want to post some highlights from the European version.
DBZLSW - Goku was beat.PNG

Understatement of the century (this is from the start of the game, where Piccolo has just kidnapped Gohan).
DBZLSW-TrunksMommy.PNG

This just in: Trunks is a Momma's Boy.
DBZLSW - Cell 1.PNG
DBZLSW - Cell 2.PNG

Yup.

The European translation had a "Find & Replace" attitude to censorship; "Die" becomes "Lost" and "Kill" becomes "Beat".

They did this despite "Damn", "Hell" and "*******" (B-word) being used with relative impunity.
And yeah, I love the Japanese GT soundtrack but for completely separate reasons than Super's. You hit the nail on the head. SS4's theme (and the final spirit bomb theme) were calming in the middle of a storm, because they were showing a wiser and nobler Goku take control of what would otherwise be chaos. Super creates chaos and lets the characters thrive in it; Super's Goku is more interested in the fight itself than the consquences of it. They're two totally different approaches to what "saving the world" entails and the music embodies it.
It's similar to how Digimon: The Movie translated the "Omegamon" scene. In "Our War Game" (the original) uses a song called "Requiem", a choral, holy-sounding theme, while the dub uses "Let's Kick it Up", which is awesome rock music.

They both work for different reasons.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There were two Administrators in here earlier, so I suspect they were removing the posts for propreity's sake.
Mods don’t want us responding to those type of posts unfortunately.
The topic isn't suitable for children and a general discussion forum. It's good that he reached out and it's good that people rushed with open arms to help him, but the mods can't let that linger in here. You're risking subjecting people who don't need to be seeing that to it.

I took my encouragement to PM, and I suggest all of Swamp Sensei's other friends do the same.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still can't believe how I live in a world in which Space Jam of all things gets a sequel.

Hm, a reboot? I know what to expect.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Actually, it's a reboot

They're literally just calling it "Space Jam"
Oh. This is still as weird as it gets. "Space Jam" for 2024 as well, with Stephen Curry. Calling it.

We gotta come on a slam and get welcomed to the jam

That is how the song goes, right?

oh so its gonna suck ***, thanks for warning me
I'm in it for the cringing.

I will never tire of Xenoslam Chronicles mixes
It's amazing how these are actually decent.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
I think I just realized something. The new Space Jam will be a cover-up promotion for a new Shaq Fu spinoff, called LeBron Fu. Then we get both Shaq and LeBron in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I think I just realized something. The new Space Jam will be a cover-up promotion for a new Shaq Fu spinoff, called LeBron Fu. Then we get both Shaq and LeBron in Smash.
Every single one of their moves spike- wait, sorry, SLAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

oh hey I wasn't aware of this:

I hope it gets a Western release.

inb4 Gen 1 hate for the movie.
Looks interesting. I wonder if it’s gonna be a shot-for-shot remake or if it will be more a reimagining. Nicest thing about this though is that we might get a 3D version of armoured Mewtwo, which would be pretty cool. Also g’night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom