• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
There's hella gonna be more, but the original Avengers might retire and some may die, making the MCU more focused on newer characters like T'challa, Spidey, Captain marvel, etc
I really don't want a new black panther. Killmonger was the only well written part of that movie.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Avatars really do give every post you make a certain connotation, don't they? Reminds me of the time I had an avatar of Android 18 shrugging, and I felt like it made all my posts sound sarcastic.

Also, speaking of avatars, I'm using this same avatar on Discord now, and some dude noticed it. I told him "haha yeah it's a mood man" and he took that to mean I was saying this avatar represents my struggles with severe depression and alcoholism.

I didn't even remotely know how to respond.
Some people who don't drink see how it's portrayed in most media as the only reason someone drinks. When my brother first moved in with me, he'd ask me if something was wrong every time I wanted alcohol instead of a can of soda. He thought I was doing it because I was sad.

Like, no dude. I really like hard ciders and I wanna relax.

Also that's a bomb *** avatar for the record.

KMDP

Smash Legend
See the Spider-Man problem of killing the character in Infinity War, but they'd already announced two or three more movies, with one even coming out in less than five months. Kinda spoils things and sucks the emotional punch out of the scene when we know for certain it's not going to stick.
You can, however, feel the emotional punch vicariously through the reactions if it's done/acted well enough.

We know Peter is coming back, but Tony doesn't know that.

D

Deleted member

well i personally think both are adorable and im happy that both of them are happy
:happysheep:
View attachment 195313
View attachment 195314
:sadsheep:
Sigma is a very good boy https://youtu.be/sKSaFWgBurQ?t=167
so is avengers EG the end of the MCU or is there gonna be more? Or like, a reboot?
Afaik it’s gonna continue but with a pretty different cast. I’d imagine guys like Robert Downey Jr especially at this point are just tired and want to move on with things.

KMDP

Smash Legend
This ***** was hoppin around breaking all the limits and onces those limits were all broken, he found more limits to break
Ultra Instinct Cloud.

A perfect chance to post this.
Hah, you thought I was gonna post Ultimate Battle didn't you?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
It's gonna continue, but the og Avengers are gonna be no more...
I'm interested to see if the superhero movie fatigue finally settles in when all of the OGs are gone and we've got round two starring all the backup superheroes.

Granted, they made hits and sequels out of Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man, but still.

D

Deleted member

You can, however, feel the emotional punch vicariously through the reactions if it's done/acted well enough.

We know Peter is coming back, but Tony doesn't know that.
lol did anyone actually think peter wasn't coming back

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
KOSMOS AVATAR

KOSMOS AVATAR
You know... despite how much I've talked about KOS-MOS here, I've never had a profile pic of just her prior to today.

I have had a profile pic of T-elos (for like... 2 months) and a pic of both of them together, but never just KOS-MOS.

Guess my villain bias is responsible for that one.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I'm interested to see if the superhero movie fatigue finally settles in when all of the OGs are gone and we've got round two starring all the backup superheroes.

Granted, they made hits and sequels out of Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant-Man, but still.
let's hope the DCCU reboots everything they have established so far bc all of their movies suck and Marvel is obliterating them

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Yeah... I'm gonna make a bold prediction and say after this wave of MCU movies are over with, The MCU movies released afterward are gonna lose a lot of the financial and fan mojo, and kinda just fade into obscurity.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also that's a bomb *** avatar for the record.
Thanks, mate. I found it on Twitter. As I've mentioned, I love the HC that the SwSh protags are vulgar Scottish folks, so it's just perfect for me.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
lol did anyone actually think peter wasn't coming back
tbh i think you gotta take the ending of infinity war not so much as a "oh **** everyone's dead" moment as a "oh **** how are they gonna fix this one" moment

D

Deleted member

Alright, so I got Final Fantasy IX, VII and now XII. I wanna be sure about X + X-2 HD going in before I make the inevitable purchase, so what do you guys think of the games?

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
IDK about RDJ but IIRC Chris Evans is straight up quitting the role of Captain America so something might happen to him in Endgame
He never said that, he Just said he was thankfull for getting to play that role for so long when he was done filming endgame. People interpreted that in a very specific way

KMDP

Smash Legend
tbh i think you gotta take the ending of infinity war not so much as a "oh **** everyone's dead" moment as a "oh **** how are they gonna fix this one" moment
Of course, anyone who has read the original comics has a general idea of how they're going to fix Thanos's snappy shenanigans.
In the comics, Gamora takes the Gauntlet and turns back time.

D

Deleted member

Sorry, I don't know how to speak British so I can match this avi
Why I say old chap that is spiffing barney bodge Harry Elizabeth cor blimey guvnor lost the plot chancer lavatory mufty jolly good loo Oxford bite your arm off naff ruddy nice one a load of old tosh posh bog-standard boot my lady spiffing good time James Bond blimey knackered get stuffed mate cras David on your bike mate bog vagabond butty gormless fantastic baking cakes happy days don't get shirty with me the BBC owt to do with me quaint morish pardon you smashing it's your round blow off what a plonker Richard it's all gone to pot I don't want no agro pear shaped crikey bobby

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
At this point, they could add a Champion that's better than Cynthia, and I'd still be disappointed if that Champion wasn't supposed to look like the Queen.

The seed has been planted. Only the Queen is acceptable now.
What about a member of Queen? Freddie Mercury for Champion!

D

Deleted member

Of course, anyone who has read the original comics has a general idea of how they're going to fix Thanos's snappy shenanigans.
In the comics, Gamora takes the Gauntlet and turns back time.
stop being cowards and let nebula kill thanos in the mcu pls feige

Iridium

Smash Hero
1) Thanks
2) Sorry, I don't know how to speak British so I can match this avi

Ike Climbers are back, everyone is truly here.
How do you do it though?
It's a little specific, but you'll find it in the comments.

D

Deleted member

Why I say old chap that is spiffing barney bodge Harry Elizabeth cor blimey guvnor lost the plot chancer lavatory mufty jolly good loo Oxford bite your arm off naff ruddy nice one a load of old tosh posh bog-standard boot my lady spiffing good time James Bond blimey knackered get stuffed mate cras David on your bike mate bog vagabond butty gormless fantastic baking cakes happy days don't get shirty with me the BBC owt to do with me quaint morish pardon you smashing it's your round blow off what a plonker Richard it's all gone to pot I don't want no agro pear shaped crikey bobby
top gear

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ultra Instinct Cloud.

A perfect chance to post this.
Hah, you thought I was gonna post Ultimate Battle didn't you?
That's not even the best song in Super. I'm disappointed, KMDP.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you just combined about twelve different regional dialects

it's almost impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom