• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Are there any unknown people that were born before January 1st, 1900 still alive in this world?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Question, You said Black 2 and White 2 are direct sequels would it be okay if someone were to play Black then White 2? or do you have to specifically play White then White 2 or Black then Black 2?
It's a different protagonist so unless you really care about one thing with a major characters it doesn't matter, otherwise it's Black and then Black 2

D

Deleted member

Man, if you were to tell me that Salem got RIP'd, Marina was on Xbox's homepage, JonTron uploaded a video, Pokemon Sword and Shield got announced and actually looks clean and that pre-orders for Phoenix Wright Trilogy and soon tonight Resident Evil 4 and others would be up, I would've scoffed.

Boy was I wrong.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
**** outta here, only true 90s kids will remember this:

I remember I had the Marowak and Moltres ones. It was a big deal because Marowak was one of my favorites.
Anyone else remember when Welch's made collectible Pokémon jelly jars?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Question, You said Black 2 and White 2 are direct sequels would it be okay if someone were to play Black then White 2? or do you have to specifically play White then White 2 or Black then Black 2?
I don't think it matters.

You can transfer save data from one game to the other (though you need two DS systems to do this), but it's entirely optional (it gives some interesting lore stuff and allows you to catch some special Pokémon and fight against the rivals from the previous game).

D

Deleted member

Y'know who's a fun YouTuber? Antdude. Great reviews, funny guy, all around good stuff on that channel. His KH3 review was probably the best one I had seen.

He's also a big Kirby guy, which is an easy way to get on my good side.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Do you hate Banjo and Steve because of their Smash fanbases?
A Microsoft representative does not have a 100% chance of getting in.
I hate both for different reasons, but Banjo is a lot more subjective and opinionated.

I dislike Steve because he's simply not a character who I'd be excited for. I'll respect his addition due to the critical success of his games and the massive impact they've had on gaming, but I really can't find much about him that makes him an interesting addition for me. His design is awful, his method of attacking with axes and random equipment feels less special now that Villager/Isabelle exist, and he's arguably one of the blandest characters you could add in terms of personality. The fanbase doesn't really effect my opinions on Steve all that much, mainly because the toxicity of it has become sort of a meme at this point.

With Banjo, it's a little different. I like his games, I like his personality, and I think he's a genuinely good character. But him in Smash? I just don't think it's the type of game that suits someone like him, and the massive following that he's gotten has left me more than a little confused. He's such a random and bizarre choice when you look at the list of third-parties. I already know that a large amount of his fanbase (not everyone, but a large amount) is more interested in using this as a springboard to revive his franchise rather than simply wanting him in Smash. Not sure how I feel about that.

D

Deleted member

It's a different protagonist so unless you really care about one thing with a major characters it doesn't matter, otherwise it's Black and then Black 2
I don't think it matters.

You can transfer save data from one game to the other (though you need two DS systems to do this), but it's entirely optional (it gives some interesting lore stuff and allows you to catch some special Pokémon and fight against the rivals from the previous game).
Thanks y'all. I didn't think it mattered but I wanted to make sure.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
You know what I'll just drop this here. Leffen just said he's disappointed in lack of innovation of new Pokemon games. And already I hate him T_T
There was a problem fetching the tweet

He's jumping the gun though, we haven't even seen all..

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Random Encounters was only a thing because of game limitations at the time. With the power of consoles now, it's perfectly feesable to have monsters be seen in the overworld. I mean Earthbound had visible enemies and it worked out great, heck you automatically beat an enemy if their level is much lower than yours. It's also why I like Tales. They got rid of Random Encounters starting with Symphonia(although some later games kept the random encounters). And it allows you to avoid fighting Super Bosses in a mook disguise much easier.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
With Banjo, it's a little different. I like his games, I like his personality, and I think he's a genuinely good character. But him in Smash? I just don't think it's the type of game that suits someone like him, and the massive following that he's gotten has left me more than a little confused. He's such a random and bizarre choice when you look at the list of third-parties. I already know that a large amount of his fanbase (not everyone, but a large amount) is more interested in using this as a springboard to revive his franchise rather than simply wanting him in Smash. Not sure how I feel about that.
It's because most of the people asking for him see him as a Nintendo character. It's not like they just plucked some random platformer character who's never had anything to do with Nintendo and decided to make them popular.

I mean he probably even had a trophy in Melee before they were all yanked out.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I remember I had the Marowak and Moltres ones. It was a big deal because Marowak was one of my favorites.
Anyone else remember when Welch's made collectible Pokémon jelly jars?
even though I was born in 94, I don't recall such a thing. I do remember when I got a Marill automated spinner in my cereal box though.

D

Deleted member

I’m liking the overall feel of the new region. It’s gorgeous, too.
From now on though, I hope they stick to one or two games every three years or so. . We had one in 2016, 2017, and 2018. New games, sure, cool, but it was costly and sort of took away the point of playing the games to their fullest if we were going to get another one a year later.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
dude

it's leffen
His usual reckless personality, alright.

I still want peoples to at least talk a little instead of jumping the fun at lack of features. It's possible they could show it at another time. It has been about 3 years since the last generator. So far, I'm hopeful for the new game.

Also I can't wait to see Ash going to Galar region and probably meeting the female player there

Lollipopped

Smash Lord
Ngl, the new Pokemon games look pretty good. I'm not usually interested in Pokemon, though, but maybe I'll actually get into the series now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

I am going to say something about Steve. Steve was not meant to have personality. Steve is supposed to be the avatar, the one that YOU design. Steve is you in a beautiful cubic world.

Steve has a lot of creative potential.
if there is a 119 year old person out there, Id love to meet them
Imagine people being 120 years old or older though?
The list of people that are 115 years old or older is probably very small.
I hate both for different reasons, but Banjo is a lot more subjective and opinionated.

I dislike Steve because he's simply not a character who I'd be excited for. I'll respect his addition due to the critical success of his games and the massive impact they've had on gaming, but I really can't find much about him that makes him an interesting addition for me. His design is awful, his method of attacking with axes and random equipment feels less special now that Villager/Isabelle exist, and he's arguably one of the blandest characters you could add in terms of personality. The fanbase doesn't really effect my opinions on Steve all that much, mainly because the toxicity of it has become sort of a meme at this point.

I understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pakky

Smash Hero
From now on though, I hope they stick to one or two games every three years or so. . We had one in 2016, 2017, and 2018. New games, sure, cool, but it was costly and sort of took away the point of playing the games to their fullest if we were going to get another one a year later.
Just make the 'Thrid Version' DLC

The third guy is always in the games any way.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
idk, not seeing whats gonna kick my *** makes it more intresting to me when it finally does kick my ***

looking at you, octopath secert bosses
Octopath is fine because it's designed to feel archaic and it does it in an interesting way by rewarding you for completing those encounters with items. It's meant to be a callback to those games. Pokemon just refuses to innovate in the core series. Open world? Nah. Pokemon in the world? Sure! But only in one game. A spinoff.

When I'm trying to find me a Pikachu in the wild it gets old finding another ****ing Rattata, waiting for my Pokemon cutscene to finish, having to click run away or ko it and get minuscule exp, wait for it to load back to the overworld, walk around for another couple minutes till I get another encounter, it's another ****ing Rattata, rinse, repeat. In Let's Go, if I wanted to find a Pikachu I could just avoid the other Pokemon instead of just literally wasting time having 0 fun.

It's just dumb game design at this point and even when Dragon Quest of all things, a game that's meant to be as classic as possible, gets rid of it it's kind of ridiculous that a world wide phenomenon like Pokemon can't do it. It's just annoying.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I liked the Orre region from Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness the tech they had at the time made anything in Honnen look primitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom