• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I don't get tilted so much as I just feel a lot of pressure to perform online. When I play with my family, there's competitiveness, but it's mostly just for fun. I don't take it too seriously. But online, against strangers who may be much better than me, and with a punishing ranking system, it's a little more stressful.

I only played like two matches of For Glory because I was too self-conscious of the loss record. I'm not as self-conscious about my GSP, but I'd like to try and reach Elite, and so far it sounds not worth it. I'm at 3.2 or 3.3 million GSP, but apparently that can fall like a rock if I lose too badly.

Not that online is that smooth anyways. Feels like there's a delay to everything I do, even with blazing fast internet and an ethernet adapter. I think I'll wait until that's more ironed out before I get too invested in online. Also practice some more with Dark Samus, since my skill just comes from experience, not really any focused practice.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not to mention the game doesn't give you an option to deny matches from people with bad online. You're just thrown into a match, yes or yes, with no real indicator of who you'll be fighting exactly. I can understand hiding rank, and even character. But rulesets and more important CONNECTION should be information given to you before a match, and you should always be given the option to decline a match.

It sucks when you're thrown into a complete lagfest for 7 mins, and your only options are to either lose, or endure the hell that awaits you because some dude is playing on Wifi on dial-up or some nonsense, and they KNOW it, so they've adapted their play strategy to their ****ty connection.

What angle? Profile, from the side with the hair blowing back?
From the front with a slight side tilt. Kind of what that Naruto godess’s hair does in Jump Force.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Well here's a pretty interesting thing about my current favorite manga...

I've seen announcements for a contest to have an insert of yourself in the manga/anime, but this is the first time I've seen one use their COLOR PAGE to do so. That's usually reserved for a bonus page or something...

Needless to say that I'm a little bummed that it only applies to Japanese readers, even though Dr. Stone is simulpubbed in English by VIZ and the popularity poll extends to us as well...

D

Deleted member

I don't get tilted so much as I just feel a lot of pressure to perform online. When I play with my family, there's competitiveness, but it's mostly just for fun. I don't take it too seriously. But online, against strangers who may be much better than me, and with a punishing ranking system, it's a little more stressful.

I only played like two matches of For Glory because I was too self-conscious of the loss record. I'm not as self-conscious about my GSP, but I'd like to try and reach Elite, and so far it sounds not worth it. I'm at 3.2 or 3.3 million GSP, but apparently that can fall like a rock if I lose too badly.

Not that online is that smooth anyways. Feels like there's a delay to everything I do, even with blazing fast internet and an ethernet adapter. I think I'll wait until that's more ironed out before I get too invested in online. Also practice some more with Dark Samus, since my skill just comes from experience, not really any focused practice.
Honestly, I've just been chillin' with the AI for the past few months. I won't get better at the game playing that way, but the AI in this game is pretty entertaining to fight, so I've still been having a good time. :)

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about Elite. IMO, it's not worth all that stress just to inevitably get booted out when you lose to a FFA or a campy item abusing player.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Kat for Smash
You'll see Kratos, Sackboy or Nathan Drake making it before Kat ever would and even then those three are a stretch.

Hell I would give Scorpion or even Sans better chances in making it before they would.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do not understand Smash Fans.

Smash 4 Times: "Online needs a ranking system! This GSP thing is too weak!"

Smash Ultimate Times: "GSP is way too competitive!"

I actually like the Smash Ultimate GSP idea, but it does make losing a lot more stressful.

It's simple really. Because the system is terrible. At least with Smash 4 it had a fair direction where it was going. It had For Fun where you can play different fun and whatever kinda matches if you wanted to have fun or want to experience crazy things. It also had For Glory, where it's only just you, another opponent, 2 stocks 5 min ruleset (i prefer 3 stocks 7-8 mins btw), on FD/omega stage only, no items. It was pretty simple, yes?

Then you have this game... Quickplay, with this GSP ranking thing... you could lose due to someone picking absurd rules. You could lose due to items being on. You could lose due to the stage chosen, which includes hazards being on too. There's also cheesy things with Stamina that can happen, 3-stock 3 mins can be chosen where a player could stall just to win easy, and even on an absurd stage. All of this, and no matter how you lose and what rule is there, you lose GSP if you lose. It don't even help that the internet itself isn't that stable... at least to me online can be hard to work with.

So for me, it could've been easy to just build upon what Smash 4 had. You had a mode where all the fun and chaos happens, and then a competitive mode to where you could easily make it better. All the "competitive" mode needs is to have Battlefield and FD, heck, even hazardless Smashville as stages, rules be 1v1 3-stock 7 or 8 mins, no items, and make that the only way for GSP to be affected. That would've been easy to do, but instead we have this mess. And a reminder that we have to pay $20 a year just to play online too. I miss the times when online was free...
Honorable mention to wanting the online servers to be much more stable. And we'd have to pay more money just to get the equipment to make online connections better.

But anyways, it is what it is. It's stupid, it's a mess, and I only feel comfortable playing with friends in arenas now. Hopefully they improve it in the future, but I don't think I'd even want to go back up there to get cheesed by absurd rules and all.

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
What do you think the guests think of us? Are we just entertainment to them? No more real than characters on a screen?
Some of those guests become users themselves due to our conversations. ****, I was one of them in ancient times!!! :yoshi:

And of course, all the new users know who I am...

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
What do you think the guests think of us? Are we just entertainment to them? No more real than characters on a screen?
That would be rude though. We are not like what you said. I immediately joined the forums upon discovering it.

Anyways. I want to be honest ..

I have never seen 4chan /vp/ being this anxious before.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That would be rude though. We are not like what you said. I immediately joined the forums upon discovering it.

Anyways. I want to be honest ..

I have never seen 4chan /vp/ being this anxious before.
Okay, I'll bite.

Which one is /vp/ because I can't keep them straight and why are they anxious. Did a transgender pro gamer feed the homeless vegan jerky or something?

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Anyway I found some wholesome art:
My boi rocks the kid look

You joined the site nine months ago.

Ancient times my ***.
Hehehe, I've been lurking on this site longer than you realize :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Okay, I'll bite.

Which one is /vp/ because I can't keep them straight and why are they anxious. Did a transgender pro gamer feed the homeless vegan jerky or something?
/vp/ is the Pokemon board.

You used to be able to talk about Pokemon on /v/, but Pokemon hype seasons take over everything, so they got their own board.

RWyvern

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RWyvern
Iirc I joined after lurking, but my tendency to not exist in this thread, let alone the rest of the forums, leaves me in a weird limbo. Take that for what you will.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was a lurker since my bois :ultkrool:reveal which as a result I began getting back into not just Smash but Nintendo as well and came upon this site. Eventually joined at the end of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom