• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I'm not coming down on political speeches, people can say as they please... but have you never seen a poignant apolitical acceptance speech?

Watch Greg Miller's from one of the past VGAs.

Elegant speech and he wore a suit.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know people said very similar things when Toy Story 3 rolled around more than a decade after Toy Story 2, and that movie was amazing.

Toy Story has earned the benefit of the doubt to me, I'm actually going to see it before I judge it.
If you look forward to it fine but to me I ain't seeing it. As far as I'm concerned the series ended at 3.

God forbid they can't let an emotionally satisfying, thematically appropriate and narratively definitive ending just be an ending.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So like Noctis and his throw-teleport shenanigans?
I had literally no idea about what Noctis can even do and I didn't expect this idea to be original(yes, she throws it as a projectile and then teleports to it) but I can't ****ing believe it's Noctis of all characters is the one who does this **** already.
****ing Noctis

D

Deleted member

Toy Story 4 talk?

Toy Story 3 was the best way to end it, but I doubt Toy Story 4 will be bad. This is Pixar, and this is Toy Story. Pixar knows very well they can not mess this up.

Frozen 2 talk?

Ehh, I am unsure if I will watch it for not.

Missing Link talk?
Unsure if I will see it.

Poor poor :ultlink: getting lost, where can we find him? Through Internet codebusting, Meowth that's right.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unpopular opinion of mine by the way.

Into the Spider-Verse I personally found average at best. Among the problems I had was Peni, Noir and Ham not appearing until the third act and not as much fighting action as I would had thought honestly with two at best. The fight at the factory place and then at Aunt May's home until the final battle with Kingpin.

D

Deleted member

If you want the best Spider-Man show, go watch Spectacular
I didn’t really enjoy Spectacular. I found the writing to be laughable, the acting sub-par, and the art style didn’t really click with me.
Norman Osborn was great though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Into the Spider-Verse I personally found average at best. Among the problems I had was Peni, Noir and Ham not appearing until the third act and not as much fighting action as I would had thought honestly with two at best. The fight at the factory place and then at Aunt May's home until the final battle with Kingpin.
Plus, it should have been 2D. It would have worked with the aesthetic better. Certain objects just look bad with that texturing. And there were a lot of times where it was very easy to just see “generic 3D movie designs”.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
I didn't even know Into the Spider-Verse was both a show and a movie. I believe I saw the ads for the show.

Also TIL Frozen 2 is a thing. What other wacky Disney sequel is there?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean. That’s nice, but have you not seen the world we live in right now? We need people who are going to spread messages of tolerance to all groups, and who will call out those who try to spread hatred. Plus, I think there’s something to the fact that the speech you gave me came from a (most likely) straight white guy. Sonic Fox is a gay black furry. I think they have different things on their mind, and different messages they feel the need to spread.
Perhaps you mistook me for someone who said he ought to have stayed silent.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I didn't even know Into the Spider-Verse was both a show and a movie. I believe I saw the ads for the show.

Also TIL Frozen 2 is a thing. What other wacky Disney sequel is there?
Zootopia. Though I'd rather that become a TV Series though with episodes of Nick and Judy investigating multiple cases.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn’t really enjoy Spectacular. I found the writing to be laughable, the acting sub-par, and the art style didn’t really click with me.
Norman Osborn was great though.
Spectacular was a good show to watch, but I wouldn't put in my Top 5.

It's miles better than that pathetic excuse of an Ultimate Spider Man show, that's for sure. :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's a shame.

Yes, everyone.
To be fair, suits were the only cloths to really trigger my dysphoria pre-transition. I’ve always hated them. I hate the way they look on anyone, the way they feel when you wear them, everything about them. It’s very accurate to say I have a grudge against suits.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Finding creative uses for powers, loophole abuses and weird powers is my favorite kind of brainstorming. The Power System I'm making use of for my story is kinda like Stands but with objects, they tend to manifest as weapons, though they can also be any one mundane items such as scarves or large wooden puppets.
The main character has a scythe and its ability is "to treat anyone as if they were equal to its user" which sounds weird and dumb but that effectivelly means it doesn't matter who she would face, her scythe would be just as effective as it'd be on herself. She can kill anyone, even something that never knew death, fitting for a wielder of the same weapon as the Grim Reaper.
And here's the Loophole Abuse: this ability also applies to the scythe itself, there's no differentiation between the scythe and herself. And since a person can "summon" and "call back" their weapon at will, her scythe can then do the same to her, which allows her to basically teleport to where her scythe is by having it "call her back" and then "summon" her.
you can tell im inspired by Fate with all this bs
I’m still trying to fully develop the magic system of my story but what I have so far is a magic-user (human or otherwise) has a method of utilizing their magical essence and there are beings that embody a type of magic like elemental, light and dark, etc. I call them spirits for now but that name may change. Magic-users craft their tool to perform magic with and form connections with spirits to determine the type of magic it manifests as. Spirits can enhance the tool by possessing it, and they are capable of utilizing said tool if necessary. My main character has a pencil-like wand that creates light constructs and is bonded with a celestial with light magic and the girl I mentioned earlier is half-elf & half-nature spirit hybrid who has bonded with an wind spirit with a bow that shoots made of wind and splits apart like Pit to manipulate wind.

I still think the movie’s phenomenal but I will agree that I wish those three got more screen time though I do understand the focus more on Miles, Peter and Gwen.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I had literally no idea about what Noctis can even do and I didn't expect this idea to be original(yes, she throws it as a projectile and then teleports to it) but I can't ****ing believe it's Noctis of all characters is the one who does this **** already.
****ing Noctis
Yeah, teleportation and weapon summoning are cool so it's only a matter of time until Nomura made a character that used that.

His super form's also super cool. It allows him to summon all the royal family's weapons over the ages to surround him while he teleports attacking with a different weapon each teleport. Finishes off by shooting out all the weapons like missiles before doing a giant overhead beamsword slam.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
To be fair, suits were the only cloths to really trigger my dysphoria pre-transition. I’ve always hated them. I hate the way they look on anyone, the way they feel when you wear them, everything about them. It’s very accurate to say I have a grudge against suits.
Um... Sorry?

I didn't know suits were a trigger, and now I'm kinda confused.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m still trying to fully develop the magic system of my story but what I have so far is a magic-user (human or otherwise) has a method of utilizing their magical essence and there are beings that embody a type of magic like elemental, light and dark, etc. I call them spirits for now but that name may change. Magic-users craft their tool to perform magic with and form connections with spirits to determine the type of magic it manifests as. Spirits can enhance the tool by possessing it, and they are capable of utilizing said tool if necessary. My main character has a pencil-like wand that creates light constructs and is bonded with a celestial with light magic and the girl I mentioned earlier is half-elf & half-nature spirit hybrid who has bonded with an wind spirit with a bow that shoots made of wind and splits apart like Pit to manipulate wind.
The whole key is you got to feel comfortable about it.
Make your imagination guide you.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Everyone is looking forward to this years superhero films but there's still one they're overlooking and missing out on.

Brightburn.

If Superman was a evil.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The worst part about being tilted to me is that there's this little voice in the back of my head saying "hey go fix your GSP, you can't just put down the controller and leave on a bad note". I can't get my mind off it.

But if I go try and fix it right now I'll just make it worse. Ugh.

Pakky

Smash Hero
The worst part about being tilted to me is that there's this little voice in the back of my head saying "hey go fix your GSP, you can't just put down the controller and leave on a bad note". I can't get my mind off it.

Yell back at that voice and say.

Well Nintendo should fix their online!

Got into a HP match a week ago, literally wtf?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate's GSP is quite competitive, but Smash Ultimate's online is far better than Smash 4's basic online.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I didn't know suits were a trigger, and now I'm kinda confused.
It’s a very personal trigger. You may not know, but I’m transgender. Back before I became a woman I had to wear a suit on many occasions. On top of how uncomfortable and restrictive they felt, they were the only cloths I ever wore that could really be called “masculine” (I used to dress fairly androgynously). They made me feel dysphoric when no other clothes did. So basically suits traumatized me and now every time someone mentions them my hate grows and swallows all beholden to it.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Then what were you saying?
I was interjecting towards your points questioning whether Sonicfox's speech was even political and that speeches lacking political content were of dubious value.

Which now almost seem a bit contradictory when read back like that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If you want the best Spider-Man show, go watch Spectacular.
Greatest Spider-Man Show with the best theme song for the Web-Head
Spiderverse isn’t a show, you’re probably thinking of a different Spider-Man cartoon.
They could mean the Spider-Verse saga that occurred in Ultimate Spider-Man (under the name Web Warriors)
Everyone is looking forward to this years superhero films but there's still one they're overlooking and missing out on.

Brightburn.

If Superman was a evil.
That’s what Injustice is for

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was interjecting towards your points questioning whether Sonicfox's speech was even political and that speeches lacking political content were of dubious value.

Which now almost seem a bit contradictory when read back like that.
That second point was a direct response to someone who told me that “everything is political”. That’s where that came from.

Those two points came from different lines of thought.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yell back at that voice and say.

Well Nintendo should fix their online!

Got into a HP match a week ago, literally wtf?
It's not even that for me. I pretty much never end up in stamina or item matches, outside of the odd Smash Ball.

After thinking about it I think it's an issue for me is with how volatile GSP is more then anything else. It can drop so, so quickly. It makes losing even a couple matches in a row really feel like it stings. This also makes it super easy to get bumped out of Elite Smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That’s what Injustice is for
Unlike versions of evil Supermen though which I'm aware has been done before Brightburn is pretty much if he's always been evil without any influences or things happening in his life. He's just naturally evil from birth.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Smash Ultimate's GSP is quite competitive, but Smash Ultimate's online is far better than Smash 4's basic online.
Nope. Nope, nuh uh, no.

The online is only and perhaps the biggest blight on this game and it has possibly the worst matchmaking I've ever encountered.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
The whole key is you got to feel comfortable about it.
Make your imagination guide you.
I’m very comfortable with my idea, there’s a lot that I plan to do with this idea already, I hope I’ll be able to do some workshopping in the future because I’d love to get some feedback on this stuff.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Honestly, once I realized that I've got no stakes, nothing to gain, nothing to lose, and nobody to impress, I've gotten way less tilted overall.

Pakky

Smash Hero
It’s a very personal trigger. You may not know, but I’m transgender. Back before I became a woman I had to wear a suit on many occasions. On top of how uncomfortable and restrictive they felt, they were the only cloths I ever wore that could really be called “masculine” (I used to dress fairly androgynously). They made me feel dysphoric when no other clothes did. So basically suits traumatized me and now every time someone mentions them my hate grows and swallows all beholden to it.
I apologize.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
That is quite interesting, I never seen a person hate a type of cloth for reasons other than it feel bad to wear or looks bad.

I do agree, suit are so terrible to wear. But I personally respect someone who is willing to wear it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom