• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I know this is a basic question but the whole superhero/supervillain talk wanted me to ask you guys what superpower you’d want regardless of which path you choose?

Personally I’ve always been interested in telekinesis.
Either turning back time, so i can stop bad things from happening. Or manipulating atoms to create resources like food or money.

D

Deleted member

Diem Diem

Do you have that TP review?
( It's teleport not toilet paper. )

I have Diamond and Heart Gold with me, and I thought about playing them.

But I checked my cheap 2DS that I got as a gift and it looks like it has been abandoned for a century.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
NetherRealm? Like I said, MK is totally a guilty pleasure of mine. Still hoping Kenshi'll come back, and I really liked Jin and Tremor from MKX.

Injustice...it's great - I love the idea of a superhero fighting game - but I just hate the "Let's make Superman the bad guy!" concept. I actually preferred the first game since we could have the 'real' world and the 'dictator Supes' world; Injustice II is just meh in terms of story. It goes back to why I'm put off by Batman - he's played up to be some paragon despite being the darkest character, and gets away with everything since they made their actual paragon into a fascist ****. It reeks of character shilling. What, actually doing a good guys vs. bad guys is too hard? Or even a both-sides-have-a-point conflict?

You know what would be beyond awesome though? Get the Injustice crew to make a Marvel vs. DC game. Basically the same mechanics (but with a block button...and lose the lootboxes), and just throw in the big names today: Cap, Iron Man, Black Widow, Hulk, Bucky (Shut up Winter Solder is awesome) vs. Supes, Bats, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash...

Man that'd be killer.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Predictions for the MK guests this time around.

Michael Myers (Halloween) - Horror movie trend since MK9. MK9 had Freddy and MK10 had Jason and Leatherface. Myers seems to be the next most logical inclusion.
Pennywise (It) - It: Chapter Two comes out this year so including him makes sense to promote the film on top of Warner Bros. (Current owners of Mortal Kombat and Netherrealm Studios) distributes this and the first movie.
Spawn (Image Comics) - He's been the most demanded guest character by fans and on top of that Todd McFarlane has given Netherrealm Studios permission in using him and has even gone as far as to teasing him to appear. That and given Hellboy's appearance in Injustice 2 has really increased his chances this time around for MK11.
T-800 (The Terminator) - Not only is a new movie coming out this year giving a reason to have the character appear to promote it but the story of MK11 is gonna have time travel involved which is a primary thing in the Terminator movies. It only makes sense.

Honorable Mention: Doom Slayer (Doom) - Ed Boon made a tweet teasing the character. So if not Spawn I see Doom Slayer taking his place since the other three would have good reasons to appear unlike Spawn.

Last edited:

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
Diem Diem

Do you have that TP review?
( It's teleport not toilet paper. )

I have Diamond and Heart Gold with me, and I thought about playing them.

But I checked my cheap 2DS that I got as a gift and it looks like it has been abandoned for a century.
I probably won't have it done for a few weeks. I have it mostly composed in my head (as it's been for a while now), but have two or three major projects with actual deadlines to work on within the next two weeks. A script (which I've already made good progress on), a short story (which I mainly just need to rewrite/revise), and my college thesis paper (which I've hardly started). I should be done with all of those by next weekend.

But thanks for your enthusiasm :b: It's not often people want to know when I'll be finished writing something

D

Deleted member

Off-topic, but I have no idea why they plan to reboot Shrek.

Say "Ohh Shrek 3 is bad" or whatever, but I think they should just leave it be.

I would far rather have Toy Story 4 over Shrek being rebooted. I would even rather have the X-men rebooted than Shrek rebooted.

I like Dreamworks, but I just do not know if they have the strength to beat the original Shrek movies or at least beat the impact.

This is coming from a guy who never watched a lot of Shrek.

D

Deleted member

I know this is a basic question but the whole superhero/supervillain talk wanted me to ask you guys what superpower you’d want regardless of which path you choose?

Hm, tough question. If I had to choose, it's probably going to be between fire abilities or telekinesis.

Or a Stand, if that counts.

D

Deleted member

I could say Time Stop but that's too basic and boring, I want something more stylish.
For me, it'd have to be Clothing Manipulation in the same style of Akutagawa's "Rashomon"
ebda6f3b-aa93-4161-9e3e-410f22fd0516.gif

4f0eeb44-c5a0-45e5-b1b4-dd7f66a6b370.gif

It's such a cool ass ability both in actual use and style and it deserves more appreciation

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'd have mimic so I can steal all these other guys' more creative ideas.

Also, I'd pack a gun in the off-chance there's some guy that counters even that.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion

A silver tongue, Ultimate persuasion. I’d be able to get anywhere I want within the hierarchies of the world without having to use force. I’d also be able to experience 100% fluency, idk how much other people take it for granted if they do but it’d be a dream for me.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I already have two ideal fatalities for Pennywise.

1st Fatality: Pennywise gets his opponents attention by slightly pushing them and suddenly he begins to turn into his opponents biggest fear as the camera pans away from him off-screen. He/She becomes so frightened that they commit hara-kiri (Japanese term for suicide).
2nd Fatality: Pennywise turns into his giant spider form and proceeds to kill his opponent.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Full control over plants. Control over their growth rate, being able to weaponize them, the works.

On one hand you singlehandedly solve deforestation issues and can help end world hunger. But you can also make a cactus dance or strangle someone if their shirt is made of cotton.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Off-topic, but I have no idea why they plan to reboot Shrek.

Say "Ohh Shrek 3 is bad" or whatever, but I think they should just leave it be.

I would far rather have Toy Story 4 over Shrek being rebooted. I would even rather have the X-men rebooted than Shrek rebooted.

I like Dreamworks, but I just do not know if they have the strength to beat the original Shrek movies or at least beat the impact.

This is coming from a guy who never watched a lot of Shrek.
They're actually making a Shrek reboot...?

I mean, I'd personally be fine with it if it's like an alternate universe and doesn't mess with the Shrek canon (otherwise, no), but if Shrek doesn't have the same personality, at least a similar voice, and similar looks, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with it.

I take Shrek canon very seriously.

If I can only choose one power, I'd probably choose shape-shifting.

That'd also allow me to fly by turning into a bird/bat/etc., and other abilities from other animals/organisms or whatever.

Advanced Ditto.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Full control over plants. Control over their growth rate, being able to weaponize them, the works.

On one hand you singlehandedly solve deforestation issues and can help end world hunger. But you can also make a cactus dance or strangle someone if their shirt is made of cotton.
Ooh, I’m actually working on a character that can control plant life (as well as air for story reasons) and if you have any more creative uses for that power, please let me know!

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ooh, I’m actually working on a character that can control plant life (as well as air for story reasons) and if you have any more creative uses for that power, please let me know!
As far as I know the only plant based fighters I know are Giorno from Jojo and that wood guy from Naruto. You could also look there for some inspiration.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yes, I know that. Tumblr, ResetEra have done a lotta ****ed up ****. But mainstream gaming websites; I.E. Reddit, Youtube, Twitter (kinda? I feel it would be split 50/50) are the ones with the biggest voice. The ones that people mostly see. Not that many people care about smaller websites like ResetEra or Gamefaqs. And considering how much of a "controversy" small inconsequential **** like a chick in BV5 and some Overwatch dude being gay and how stuff like that is still getting talked about for some godforsaken reason despite not ****ing mattering, I think we can tell where exactly mainstream gaming culture falls.
Well the sites that you mention are that big because they aren't gaming websites, they're general websites with gaming facets. Because they're so big, they carry a litany of perspectives. To that end it'd be very selective to suggest the controversies that see the most attention rest solely with one political stance. From the examples you mention to the Atlus debacle to the Cyberpunk tweet, to that Tekken character, to Mario's sombrero and poncho, to G&W's feather, to any number of talking heads being demonized by one camp or another, controversies that gain traction stem from all corners of the political spectrum. If anything, the ones from the left will result in the issue being addressed more frequently than the alternative.

Personally I wasn't even referring to just the gaming sphere, rather I was speaking more generally. One does not need look far to see from how many different vantage points controversy and outrage arises these days. Look at the Oscars.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Look at the Oscars.
I know the Oscars can be controversial, but wasn't there some controversial thing in the 2019 Oscars that I am missing?
I probably missed the controversy or whatever it was.

D

Deleted member

I don't like SonicFox because he plays Gotenks and honestly **** Gotenks.
In fact I hate any DBFZ player that doesn't use Yamcha so that really narrows my options down for players I like.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
In fact I hate any DBFZ player that doesn't use Yamcha so that really narrows my options down.
So... why do you not like Gotenks, but like Yamcha? As far as I know they're both top tier kings.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As far as I know the only plant based fighters I know are Giorno from Jojo and that wood guy from Naruto. You could also look there for some inspiration.
Alrighty then, that’s good to know. She’s actually more of a tactician but she’s more than capable of fighting when necessary, I’m looking for creative ways to use plant-control abilities in general.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In fact I hate any DBFZ player that doesn't use Yamcha so that really narrows my options down for players I like.
I just hate smug people who have their head to far up their ass and he seems to fit that

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't even remember what SonicFox said at The Game Awards. That he was gay? Was that it?

D

Deleted member

So... why do you not like Gotenks, but like Yamcha? As far as I know they're both top tier kings.
I don't hate Gotenks for being top tier, I just have an irrational hatred of the character + he was everywhere before season 2 since snapback mixups were king (and still kind of are) and Gotenks, along with Piccolo, just so happened to be really good at setting them up.
Personally I just think Yamcha is really fun to watch, and there's still that residual underdog factor for me even though it's been a long time since he was considered bad.
Also I play Yamcha

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I know the Oscars can be controversial, but wasn't there some controversial thing in the 2019 Oscars that I am missing?
I probably missed the controversy or whatever it was.
Black Panther got nominated for (7?) Oscars and won (3?). It was a good and fun movie with some thought-provoking themes, but most people seem to agree that it wasn't that much better than most MCU movies, and certainly not the best MCU movie overall. Most people seem to agree that Infinity War was better, but it got no nominations at all. And I don't think any other superhero movie ever got that many nominations, let alone that many wins.

D

Deleted member

I have a plant manipulator as well, though he can only make plants rapidly grow and control how they grow. The way he fights is mainly through Seed Bombs, which is him readying seeds with his ability and releasing it later, be it by creating a giant projectile in midair or setting up a trap, impaling them by making the plant grow its roots on others or making others ingest seeds and then making them grow from the inside. He can only control exactly what direction the plant grows if he's touching it, however, meaning his projectile version is less reliable but that doesn't matter when you drop a giant tree on someone.
He can also use his powers to obtain food by growing a specific tree, capture others through the use of vines, and even to hide by growing a tree around him, but he mainly uses it for the killing bits because he's, well, a villain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom