• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Let's say he said something like "PC culture is going too far", do you really think he would be gotten anywhere near as much hate?
Of course he would've. The reactionary climate cuts both ways.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just don't get what's so wrong about his behavior...? Can you break it down for me?
Is it that he's cocky? Because, well, he's earned the right to be, even if it annoys me sometimes too.
It's pretty much that he's a smug d-bag. And yeah, maybe he could have earned the right to be smug, but I will never like people who act like they're the best and nobody can beat them. That isn't the kind of champion I support. And his showing at The Game Awards didn't change my opinion of him either. If anything it made it worse.

I'm sorry that you don't like me saying it, but I will not support SonicFox. And before someone comes at me with it (because I know someone will) no, it isn't because of his race or sexuality. That was never an issue I had with him. All about his character, man.

Anyways, in regards to the genie question by Shiny, my four wishes would be this:
  • Put Doomguy in Smash.
  • Bring back Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Revive the Teen Titans show
  • Give me a lightsaber.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wish 1: I wish that I was allowed to have unlimited subsections for each of my wishes.
Wish 2: I wish the world was exactly the way I wanted it, and then I'd give a list of subsections detailing everything I'd need.
Wish 3: I wish that nobody would be able to undo any of my wishes, even postmortem, except for me if necessary. Subsection of Wish 3: I am allowed to change a subsection of Wish 2 or 3 without voiding the wish all together.
Wish 4: Free the genie lol

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
It's totally like that.
SonicFox didn't get too much hate (aside from the normal furry hate but that didn't matter too much consideeing how good he is) until he called out republicans at VGA. Let's say he said something like "PC culture is going too far", do you really think he would be gotten anywhere near as much hate?

Like I don't wanna turn this thread into a political discussion but you really can't deny that.
Don't care about his sexual orientation or his style of dress(Though you could have worn a nice three-piece suit with a pin of your persona...but okay)

But at an event that's a celebration of our medium, why do that?

Perhaps I'm just not mentally equipped to understand which is my folly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You never know man, someone might have to go away for world peace to be achieved ;)
Perhaps even half the world, as if world peace is ever to be achieved overpopulation must end.
Make them not feel so good, Mr. Noipoi.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wish 1: All world problems solved (Crime, environmental issues, homeless both humans and pets, world hunger such as the children of Africa, etc.)
Wish 2: Immortality for everyone immune to all forms of death but unable to reproduce (Any above 25 reverts back to that age and anyone below it continues to age until reaching 25. Those terminally ill or sick are instantly cured too).
Wish 3: Make all food healthy.
Wish 4: Bring saber-toothed cats back to life.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wish 1: All world problems solved (Crime, environmental issues, homeless both humans and pets, world hunger such as the children of Africa, etc.)
Wish 2: Immortality for everyone to all forms of death but unable to reproduce (Any above 25 reverts back to that age and anyone below it continues to age until reaching 25. Those terminally ill or sick are instantly cured too).
Wish 3: Make all food healthy.
Wish 4: Bring saber-toothed cats back to life.
Oh god please don't curse everyone with immortality.

D

Deleted member

You know, I always wished for a way to get out to space and discover planets, or discover the waters and such.

I want to learn what is out there. I want to break the limits. I want to discover.

My wishes?

- Everyone is treated equally, and everyone becomes intellectuals ( Is this double dipping? )

- World Peace! ( No Bigotry, Hunger, War, Poverty, Disease, Climate Change, etc. ) For World Peace, we are going to need everyone to be treated equally and fairly.

- I want to be able to discover the whole universe. The waters, the planets, etc. Everyone can come along. if Opossum wants to name a gemstone planet bigger than Earth but very beautiful, he can name it "Chrom's World". Then we would all become intellectuals.

- Nature is restored, and more animals arrive. For example, tamable dragons or alicorns.

I would have included immortality, but that could get very complicated. For example, would we have to clone the Earth? Would we have to invent teleportation machines?

Assuming this works on Aladdin rules.

1. None of my wishes will backfire in horrible and ironic ways. They will be granted exactly how I want them to be.
2. No one will be harmed as result of my wishes, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
3. World Peace.
4. Unlimited Resources. The Sun will never die, the air will never become too polluted, we'll never run out of fuel or food, everyone is rich, etc.
Four huh?

- Look like Astolfo
- Delete Bigotry of all kinds
- **** loads of funding for programs that are designed to help other people
- Solve the climate change problems so we don't ****ing die in 20 years
These are some good wishes to me!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I have a fun game for you all.

If a genie gave you four wishes, what would your wishes be?

Edit: Wishing for more wishes is banned.
Well, first I’d wish that I had been born the gender I identify as.
Then I’d wish that [redacted for bringing up politics]
Then I’d wish for a new Banjo-Kazooie Game
And finally i’d wish for a real working Infinity Gauntlet.

D

Deleted member

Of course he would've. The reactionary climate cuts both ways.
I don't believe people would be hating him as much if he said something like that. Especially with how toxic mainstream gaming culture is.
Don't care about his sexual orientation or his style of dress(Though you could have worn a nice three-piece suit with a pin of your persona...but okay)

But at an event that's a celebration of our medium, why do that?

Perhaps I'm just not mentally equipped to understand which is my folly.
Because it's just, like, his opinion, man
People bring up politics at big award shows like this all the time (the Oscars are infamous for this, for example). It's their opportunity to use their fame to stand up for what they personally believe in. I mean, VGA is viewed by hundereds of thousands of people.

Besides, after that, he got waaaay more hate for being gay/a furry then he would've had he wasn't. Even if his statement was suuuuper controversial (it wasn't) that's still no excuse for homophobes to go after him.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bro I want every good person to live a long, happy healthy life filled with friendship and adventure and love.

But immortality, that's a big no from me dog.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Bro I want every good person to live a long, happy healthy life filled with friendship and adventure and love.

I mean if you were outliving your loved ones I could get but my idea here is everyone has it (Those above 25 being reverted back to that age). Its just no one is no longer able to reproduce.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I used to wonder what it'd be like to be immortal, but then I realized I'd have to witness even more of mankind's stupidity.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Wish 1: Satisficing Monetary Gain met in anything I pursue

Wish 2: Knowledge and understanding in any field I choose to study.

Wish 3: A chamber that equivalents real-world minutes into years therefore 60 minutes would equate to six hours. Also, a clock to go with that chamber.

Wish4: Not to be affected biologically by the chamber.

All of these are selfish. Yes, yes they are.

D

Deleted member

I am pretty struck on immortality.

Living forever would be fun, but it is very complicated and there can be big consequences...

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean if you were outliving your loved ones I could get but my idea here is everyone has it (Those above 25 being reverted back to that age). Its just no one is no longer able to reproduce.

Living forever just isn't cool imo. Longer lifespan sure, but eventually everything has to end. That's what makes life beautiful.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean assuming I could be killed, just not die of old age, I would just kill myself if I got bored waiting for the heat death of the universe at age 90029483291.

D

Deleted member

For this immortality argument, I am just going to put this quite in.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Immortality has its ups and downs, but it is just way too confusing for me to handle. Plus if I die while saving hundreds, I will go down as a legend who sacrificed myself for others and I will get a statue built of me.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't believe people would be hating him as much if he said something like that. Especially with how toxic mainstream gaming culture is.
Well then I'm happy you presumably haven't delved into some of the depths on resetera, tumblr, and twitter.

Overreaction, witch-hunting, and character assassination aren't traits exclusive to one side of the spectrum.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Update on my immortality wish then.

Now that I think about it. There'd probably be people who wants children and would likely become depressed or miserable being unable to do do. In that case they're limited to one child but lose their immortality which is pass onto their child. I didn't realize until now how selfish I was kind of being.

Also both dogs and cats get it too that way we don't outlive our pets. They however are no longer able to reproduce though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For this immortality argument, I am just going to put this quite in.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Immortality has its ups and downs, but it is just way too confusing for me to handle. Plus if I die while saving hundreds, I will go down as a legend who sacrificed myself for others and I will get a statue built of me.
lol becoming an unkillable billion year old supervillain would be siiiiick

In all seriousness though by the time someone finds out you've been alive for a couple centuries you'll probably be locked up and experimented on for the next couple millennia. Unless you talk to the press first, because then people will notice and be pissed that you're gone.

D

Deleted member

You know, when you are like 90 years and you done something good, you should be happy.
You should not be sad you are dying, but you should be happy that you have made a positive impact on the world, even if it is small. That effort counts.
Effort matters.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
lol becoming an unkillable billion year old supervillain would be siiiiick

In all seriousness though by the time someone finds out you've been alive for a couple centuries you'll probably be locked up and experimented on for the next couple millennia. Unless you talk to the press first, because then people will notice and be pissed that you're gone.
Idk, being a supervillian sounds highkey dope.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'd wanna be a petty super villain. I don't wanna go full Thanos, I just wanna mess with Jim for a bit because he cut ahead in line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom