• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was never that good with the cryptograms personally, but I enjoyed their involvement with the show anyway. If fans who aren't as familiar had fun looking into them and/or trying to solve them, then I'm certain it's a real treat for people who are experienced with them.

If you're willing, please let me know when you've given some episodes a watch, I'm always be down to hear some opinions on Gravity Falls, as well as for a good, general discussion of the show as a whole.
Will do. ;)

Noipoi: Once I get the movie on Blu-Ray I'll have to be sure to watch carefully then for them. Good to know though they do that.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I plan on it anyways given its got some cryptozoology going for it as well which I'm really into especially Bigfoot.
Sadly Bigfoot only makes an appearance in the opening. The second episode is about a lake monster though.
I was never that good with the cryptograms personally, but I enjoyed their involvement with the show anyway. If fans who aren't as familiar had fun looking into them and/or trying to solve them, then I'm certain it's a real treat for people who are experienced with them.
Cryptozoology actually has nothing to do with cryptograms. "Zoology" means animal science, and "cryptids" are creatures people claim to have seen despite lacking real proof. Bigfoot, Nessie, jackalopes, the Chupacabra, ect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I'm making Moveset's for my most wanted characters and I was listening to my dude Duster's theme cause I was Working on him then I found this in the Comment Section

"If you flip the "M" in DCMC and make DCWC, instead of Desperando Crash Mambo Combo, you would get the Desperando Crash Wombo Combo"

I can't believe it y'all Duster is basically confirmed, Hell yeah! Instant main Right there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sadly Bigfoot only makes an appearance in the opening. The second episode is about a lake monster though.
Still gonna watch anyways being the media buff (As well as history, mythology, culture, prehistory, animals living & extinct, etc.) I am.

You could say I'm a man of good culture.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Cryptozoology actually has nothing to do with cryptograms. "Zoology" means animal science, and "cryptids" are creatures people claim to have seen despite lacking real proof. Bigfoot, Nessie, jackalopes, the Chupacabra, ect.
...Derp. Well, you learn something new every day, as the saying goes, lol. Thank you for clarifying that.

I'm more disappointed that the lake monster in question never made a return, despite the fact that the episode's ending teased it.

I would've loved to see another Gobblewonker episode, personally.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Still gonna watch anyways being the media buff (As well as history, mythology, culture, prehistory, animals living & extinct, etc.) I am.

You could say I'm a man of good culture.
Oh yeah, go ahead and watch it. I'm actually a pretty big GF fan myself.

...I watched the full commentary of all 40 episodes recently. I know more about that show then I'd like to admit. Did you guys know that Dipper's character design, particularly his hair, was partially inspired by Mario?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You ever see a Smash clip that warms your soul? :')

D

Deleted member

You ever see a Smash clip that warms your soul? :')

Compare this to Smash 4, Smash 4 is sooooo slow in comparison. Ultimate's speed is definitely one of the best changes this game made.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The timing for the taunts strict, so try using a more dextrous finger or your entire hand to hit the taunt twice.
You just have to press the taunt, any taunt, for no more than one frame. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Wait, it has to be hit twice?
. . Oh.
Well...

glad that mystery is solved.

You just have to press the taunt, any taunt, for no more than one frame. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.
Really now?
I thought it was like, 2 taunts in the span of 2 frames or something like that? Did they change it or was it always like that?

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm rather disappointed in myself right now because I somehow seemed to have overlooked the "zoo" part when I read "Cryptozoology".

I know what Zoology is, but hadn't heard of Cryptozoology until tonight. With all that, I completely misinterpreted what it meant. Either way, doesn't change the fact that I had an apparent brain fart when reading that word in that post. Oof. Way to go, me...

My derp moment aside, yeah, the creatures are another big reason why I love GFs so much. Some of them are more original while others are interpretations of real world reported cryptids. Altogether it makes the setting really enjoyable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Compare this to Smash 4, Smash 4 is sooooo slow in comparison. Ultimate's speed is definitely one of the best changes this game made.
Ultimate did everything better than Smash 4 did.
Balancing, speed, aesthetics, etc.

I even like this current version of online ( Counting Arenas from Ultimate and Friend Battles from Smash 4 ) slightly better than Smash 4's basic For Glory. ( I never used For Fun at all. )

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm rather disappointed in myself right now because I somehow seemed to have overlooked the "zoo" part when I read "Cryptozoology".

I know what Zoology is, but hadn't heard of Cryptozoology until tonight. With all that, I completely misinterpreted what it meant. Either way, doesn't change the fact that I had an apparent brain fart when reading that word in that post. Oof. Way to go, me...

My derp moment aside, yeah, the creatures are another big reason why I love GFs so much. Some of them are more original while others are interpretations of real world reported cryptids. Altogether it makes the setting really enjoyable.
Nah don't feel bad. Cryptozoology isn't exactly a common term, and the context was already surrounding Gravity Falls so when you see a big word with "cyrpto" at the beggining it makes sense for your brain to go "Oh! Like cryptograms!".
Like the "Manotaurs?" :yoshi:
"Part man, part uh, taur".

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well...

glad that mystery is solved.

Really now?
I thought it was like, 2 taunts in the span of 2 frames or something like that? Did they change it or was it always like that?
It's always been like that. It just took the Smash fanbase a surprising amount of time to figure it out. Though, the way you said it could also work because 2 in 2 frames is still 1 in 1.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
So, I'm curious, out of the Currently Represented Franchises in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, what are you most disappointed by not being represented or being underrepresented in your opinion...this is not counting Fighters, just Stages, Songs, Spirits, etc.
:ultmario:: Bowsette No Songs from Super Mario RPG..even if I always think of it when hearing King Bowser considering I first heard it in RPG.
:ultdk:: Very few DKC2 Songs despite having such as an Awesome OST..too many remixes of the same exact song..
:ultlink:: No Hyrule Castle or Lorule Castle Songs
:ultyoshi:: No Baby Bowser Battle (Yoshi's Island) Song
:ultwario:: No Music or Stages from Wario Land or Wario World (that one Shake It song doesn't count to me since its just a remix of a WarioWare song..)
:ultsnake:: No Old Snake or Naked Snake costumes
:ultsonic:: Not more Sonic Mania music (particularly Mirage Saloon Zone Act 2)
:ultmegaman:: No MegaMan Battle Network music, the MM Zero song is just a remix of Zero's MMX1 theme and not an original MMZ song (like Departure~)
:ultryu:: Any Music from a non-SFII entry..I'd have loved some SFIII and Alpha songs (like Sakura's theme)
:ultcloud:: The Entire Compilation of Final Fantasy VII series..

D

Deleted member

Ultimate did everything better than Smash 4 did.
Balancing, speed, aesthetics, etc.

I even like this current version of online slightly better than Smash 4's basic For Glory. ( I never used For Fun, like ever. )
I completely agree with you as Ultimate did Every single thing better than Smash 4 but the Speed is the Biggest and Best change in my opinion.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So, I'm curious, out of the Currently Represented Franchises in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, what are you most disappointed by not being represented or being underrepresented in your opinion...this is not counting Fighters, just Stages, Songs, Spirits, etc.
:ultmario:: Bowsette No Songs from Super Mario RPG..even if I always think of it when hearing King Bowser considering I first heard it in RPG.
:ultdk:: Very few DKC2 Songs despite having such as an Awesome OST..too many remixes of the same exact song..
:ultwario:: No Music or Stages from Wario Land or Wario World (that one Shake It song doesn't count to me since its just a remix of a WarioWare song..)
:ultmegaman:: No MegaMan Battle Network music, the MM Zero song is just a remix of Zero's MMX1 theme and not an original MMZ song (like Departure~)
:ultryu:: Any Music from a non-SFII entry..I'd have loved some SFIII and Alpha songs (like Sakura's theme)
:ultyoshi: No items or Assist Trophies

D

Deleted member

I really love the lighting in Ultimate.
On top of the cel-shaded attack effects, and the more subdued colours, it makes the game look so gorgeous.

I haven’t played Metal Gear in my life, but when I was reading all about the lore last year, and learnt that Snake is probably insect food by now due to his advanced aging. .?
I don’t want to be reminded of poor Snake’s fate. :c

Edit: Second double post today. Delete this, please. . Sorry.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What the HTTYD Trilogy is to you Noipoi is what the Heisei Gamera Trilogy is to me.

And whatever trilogies there are to other people.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alright, time for some nitpicks:

:ultmarth:: No FE7, 8, 9, or 10 remixes
:ultcloud:: Lack of FF music, 7 or otherwise.
:ultsnake:: No Metal gear REX fight or alt costumes.
:ultshulk:: Zero remixes. Like, at all. Like, not even full versions of the remixes used in the old medley.
:ultpikachu:: Cynthia theme still uses the disappointing Smash 4 version with a dainty piano and a pair of clackers.
:ultlink:: Omega tower isn't the Maz Koshia boss fight stage. Also, no Master Cycle Zero reference

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Like the "Manotaurs?" :yoshi:
Those monsters were the best and the worst at the same time.

Besides being hilarious, they were genuinely supportive of Dipper's journey into achieving manliness for a while...then wanted him to murder a fellow intelligent monster all because he liked a feminine pop song. At least they seemed to turn around by the time of Weirdamgeddon and after it ended.

On that note, let's all take a moment to appreciate the Manotaurs' episode's glorious musical number:

KEEP ON SHAVIN' THAT HAIRY UNCLE

D

Deleted member

I'm Listening to Gamexplain's Rayman Leak video just cause and boy is it dated. I kinda feel like they learned from this leak and that's why they thought the Grinch was fake as both had some "Evidence" or seemed real and as we know, Both were fake.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Even if I had money, I don’t wanna

You accidentally dropped your :ultpit::ultpit::ultpit::ultpit:
i didn't drop a thing, I just don't play Pit.
Alright, time for some nitpicks:

:ultmarth:: No FE7, 8, 9, or 10 remixes
:ultcloud:: Lack of FF music, 7 or otherwise.
:ultsnake:: No Metal gear REX fight or alt costumes.
:ultshulk:: Zero remixes. Like, at all. Like, not even full versions of the remixes used in the old medley.
:ultpikachu:: Cynthia theme still uses the disappointing Smash 4 version with a dainty piano and a pair of clackers.
:ultlink:: Omega tower isn't the Maz Koshia boss fight stage. Also, no Master Cycle Zero reference
FE 7 and 8 do have remixes though.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
i didn't drop a thing, I just don't play Pit.

FE 7 and 8 do have remixes though.
Oh right, let me clarify.
No new remixes.
I'm pretty sure at least for FE7. I dooooon't have as good as memory on FE8 though since I played that game on mute.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Those monsters were the best and the worst at the same time.

Besides being hilarious, they were genuinely supportive of Dipper's journey into achieving manliness for a while...then wanted him to murder a fellow intelligent monster all because he liked a feminine pop song. At least they seemed to turn around by the time of Weirdamgeddon and after it ended.

On that note, let's all take a moment to appreciate the Manotaurs' episode's glorious musical number:

KEEP ON SHAVIN' THAT HAIRY UNCLE
I think one of the themes of the episode was how peer pressure and conformity can lead to toxic behavior.

Chutzpar on his own seemed like a pretty nice guy who wanted to help Dipper with his problems and only became a problem when he was part of a group. He seemed a bit scared when Dipper started talking back to Leaderaur.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I think one of the themes of the episode was how peer pressure and conformity can lead to toxic behavior.

Chutzpar on his own seemed like a pretty nice guy who wanted to help Dipper with his problems and only became a problem when he was part of a group. He seemed a bit scared when Dipper started talking back to Leaderaur.
Shoutouts to Mob Psycho 100's Body Improvement Club, which encouraged their members to embrace self-improvement, without murder!

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh right, let me clarify.
No new remixes.
I'm pretty sure at least for FE7. I dooooon't have as good as memory on FE8 though since I played that game on mute.
FE8 has Preparing to Advance, as well as a part of Comrades in the Meeting Theme Series Medley.

Comrades is my personal favorite FE Recruitment theme, so I'm pretty happy about that.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I really love the lighting in Ultimate.
On top of the cel-shaded attack effects, and the more subdued colours, it makes the game look so gorgeous.

I haven’t played Metal Gear in my life, but when I was reading all about the lore last year, and learnt that Snake is probably insect food by now due to his advanced aging. .?
I don’t want to be reminded of poor Snake’s fate. :c

Edit: Second double post today. Delete this, please. . Sorry.
Spoilers for Metal Gear Solid follow.

For as sad as Snake's fate, presumably, really is he still had one of the best written character arcs in a video game.

With Metal Gear he was simply a soldier under the command of his Mentor, Big Boss, when he learned of his Mentors betrayal it then became his mission to Hunt down the one person he cared for most and when Metal Gear 2 came around he felt the obligation to end the Big Boss threat once and for all ending Big Boss's legacy, or so he thought. Learning that his one true friend, his mentor, was also his Father probably cut Snake like a knife. But he finished his mission anyways. Killed his father, his best friend, and his mentor in one kill. Later on after he retired he was called back not for the fact that it was his duty but because "he" was the enemy now. The "Snake" that had invaded Shadow Moses and demanded Big Boss's body under threat of nuclear war was, by the Governments accounts, Solid Snake himself so it was either he be hunted and shamed for "his" crimes or go to Shadow Moses to stop all out nuclear war. When he gets there not only does he find out that the enemy he's been hunting was his brother but that his nation, his home, had betrayed him and planned on blaming the nuclear threat on him no matter which way it went. While Metal Gear Solid 2 takes the approach that Snake has become a huge anti-nuke philanthropist. Creating Philanthropy and planning to end the Metal Gear threat once and for all. By all accounts he fails. Which sends him down a rabbit hole to fight his other brother, Solidus, and help his brother's adopted son, his adopted nephew; Raiden, his obligation to save the world fell on him as a personal matter. Not only was he to kill his family one by one but he was also to take responsibility for what Raiden would become. Metal Gear Solid 4 came around and Snake's last mission... was to die. Of course, he could have sat around and watched the Patriots take over free will and condemn the world to their tyranny but he felt it was his obligation to finish what he had started so long ago. To finish Ocelot once and for all. And he did. And in the end, he rid the Patriots, killed Zero, and watched his father give his peace and reasoning to Snake all for the sake of closure, to then have him die in his arms. His mentor, his first friend, died for the third time but for the first time in peace right in front of him. It was closure for Snake. It was closure for the series. Snake could finally rest in peace...

The sad irony of all this? He was just like his father. And Big Boss was just like his mentor, The Boss. Round and round in circles they went family killing family. Friend killing friend. As The Boss said "There's only room for one Boss and one Snake." And so Big Boss carried on that cycle. Till he realized the truth The Boss never knew. "There's only room for on Boss and one Snake. No, the world is better off without Snakes." And so Solid Snake's final mission was to die. And he completed his mission. Finally ridding the world of Snakes. Mission accomplished.

Thank you, Snake.

"This is good. Isn't it?"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Spoilers for Metal Gear Solid follow.

For as sad as Snake's fate, presumably, really is he still had one of the best written character arcs in a video game.

With Metal Gear he was simply a soldier under the command of his Mentor, Big Boss, when he learned of his Mentors betrayal it then became his mission to Hunt down the one person he cared for most and when Metal Gear 2 came around he felt the obligation to end the Big Boss threat once and for all ending Big Boss's legacy, or so he thought. Learning that his one true friend, his mentor, was also his Father probably cut Snake like a knife. But he finished his mission anyways. Killed his father, his best friend, and his mentor in one kill. Later on after he retired he was called back not for the fact that it was his duty but because "he" was the enemy now. The "Snake" that had invaded Shadow Moses and demanded Big Boss's body under threat of nuclear war was, by the Governments accounts, Solid Snake himself so it was either he be hunted and shamed for "his" crimes or go to Shadow Moses to stop all out nuclear war. When he gets there not only does he find out that the enemy he's been hunting was his brother but that his nation, his home, had betrayed him and planned on blaming the nuclear threat on him no matter which way it went. While Metal Gear Solid 2 takes the approach that Snake has become a huge anti-nuke philanthropist. Creating Philanthropy and planning to end the Metal Gear threat once and for all. By all accounts he fails. Which sends him down a rabbit hole to fight his other brother, Solidus, and help his brother's adopted son, his adopted nephew; Raiden, his obligation to save the world fell on him as a personal matter. Not only was he to kill his family one by one but he was also to take responsibility for what Raiden would become. Metal Gear Solid 4 came around and Snake's last mission... was to die. Of course, he could have sat around and watched the Patriots take over free will and condemn the world to their tyranny but he felt it was his obligation to finish what he had started so long ago. To finish Ocelot once and for all. And he did. And in the end, he rid the Patriots, killed Zero, and watched his father give his peace and reasoning to Snake all for the sake of closure, to then have him die in his arms. His mentor, his first friend, died for the third time but for the first time in peace right in front of him. It was closure for Snake. It was closure for the series. Snake could finally rest in peace...

The sad irony of all this? He was just like his father. And Big Boss was just like his mentor, The Boss. Round and round in circles they went family killing family. Friend killing friend. As The Boss said "There's only room for one Boss and one Snake." And so Big Boss carried on that cycle. Till he realized the truth The Boss never knew. "There's only room for on Boss and one Snake. No, the world is better off without Snakes." And so Solid Snake's final mission was to die. And he completed his mission. Finally ridding the world of Snakes. Mission accomplished.

Thank you, Snake.

"This is good. Isn't it?"
I’d never actually pieced the story together like that. . I’ll have to play the games someday.
Poor Snake.
Wonder what it was like for Otacon, looking after his friend in his old age for the last couple of years too. . .

Thanks for merging my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom