• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, I just had a nasty surprise while messing around with Brawl on Dolphin: My GCN controller has a drifting problem! Ugh, and it's one of the brand new ones, too; I bought it back in November. From what I'm reading, it looks like this is a super common issue, as it looks like Nintendo botched it when assigning the neutral position of the controller's sticks.

Really disappointed in Nintendo, I've come to expect more from them with their build quality over the years, especially with how much they charge. All of my Wii U and older accessories work just fine, while with Switch accessories, I've had to get a return on a set of Joy-Cons and now discovering that my Smash Ultimate GCN controller has a fault in it when it's still practically new. :ohwell:

D

Deleted member

Imagine if they reveal Freeman for Smash, then right after his gameplay trailer, a 3 pops up on screen

"Half-Life 3 now in development for Nintendo Switch"
Half-Life 3 has become so surreal to me. Like, I literally struggle to even imagine it’s potential existence at this point.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I have a fun game: Out of each installment in the series, which character that debuted in that game do you main?

Example:

64-:ultness::ultfalcon::ultluigi::ultdk:
Melee-:ultbowser:
Brawl-:ultsonic::ultwario::ultike::ultpokemontrainer:
4-:ultcloud::ultlittlemac:
Ultimate-:ultkrool::ultincineroar:
64 - :ultlink::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultsamus:
Melee - :ultmarth::ultroy::ultmewtwo::ultyounglink::ultfalco::ultsheik:
Brawl - :ultlucario::ultsonic::ulttoonlink::ultpit::ultwolf::ultike::ultmetaknight:
4 - :ultgreninja::ultdarkpit::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultshulk::ultmegaman:
Ultimate - :ultsimon:(:ultrichter:?):ultincineroar::ultridley:

Too much freedom.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, I just had a nasty surprise while messing around with Brawl on Dolphin: My GCN controller has a drifting problem! Ugh, and it's one of the brand new ones, too; I bought it back in November. From what I'm reading, it looks like this is a super common issue, as it looks like Nintendo botched it when assigning the neutral position of the controller's sticks.

Really disappointed in Nintendo, I've come to expect more from them with their build quality over the years, especially with how much they charge. All of my Wii U and older accessories work just fine, while with Switch accessories, I've had to get a return on a set of Joy-Cons and now discovering that my Smash Ultimate GCN controller has a fault in it when it's still practically new. :ohwell:
That sucks. My year old Joy-Cons are drifting too.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Imagine if they reveal Freeman for Smash, then right after his gameplay trailer, a 3 pops up on screen

"Half-Life 3 now in development for Nintendo Switch"
Hypest character reveal, probably in anything, ever. A day one main for me.
it'll be an echo fighter of spirit train
An acceptable outcome.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just had a bombshell dropped on me. Not a bad one, it's actually pretty happy I suppose? But it's like...woah. I wasn't expecting something like this for several years.

I won't say what it is, they've asked me to keep quiet. I just feel kinda weird right now? Not bad weird, good weird.

D

Deleted member

I just had a bombshell dropped on me. Not a bad one, it's actually pretty happy I suppose? But it's like...woah. I wasn't expecting something like this for several years.

I won't say what it is, they've asked me to keep quiet. I just feel kinda weird right now? Not bad weird, good weird.
Ah, the Nigerian Prince finally responded I see.

D

Deleted member

That sucks. My year old Joy-Cons are drifting too.
My Switch Pro Controller also has a touchy R button. It hasn't impacted me in anything like Splatoon yet as generally I always press it hard enough, but it doesn't like light presses.

Seriously, where did the quality control go? Nintendo accessories would almost never fail on me, yet with all of my Switch ones, I always find at least one major problem half the time. :/

D

Deleted member

I just love the new Magiciant remix.
It manages to pull of the ‘peaceful, atmospheric’ feeling, but it makes it faster-paced, and more emotionally electric. Lots of fun to listen and battle to.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Finally got that Hogwarts invitation, I see.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man, if only there was a character from Persona 5 in Smash Bros.

What a timeline that would be.
That's literally impossible. Nintendo only cares about self-promotion and nothing else, which is why the Fighters Pass is going to be 4 FE swordsmen and 1 Pokemon.

D

Deleted member

That’s great!
I’m. . Glad you feel good weird?
:)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

[insert witty response with Yoshi crammed in here]

:yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So according to you guys a Nigerian Prince gave me my Hogwarts invitation, and it somehow correlates to Yoshi.

...Never change, dorks. Never change.

D

Deleted member

So what characters do you think would be an "Out There" reveal like Joker was?

Among the ones I can think are

-Doomslayer (Doom)
-Master Chief (Halo)
-*Sigh* Sans (Undertale)
-Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
-Isaac. Crazy I am even saying this considering how "Likely" he seemed during Base game Speculation but with the Situation he is in now (Ex: Isaac needing a new game before he gets in Smash, Him being an Assist Trophy and his franchise being dead.) I just can't see him making it anymore, Sad this is the Situation he's in but Chief I think he'd be out there.

-Quote. Sans is out there sure but Quote would be even further out there, Quote while doing a lot for the Indie genre isn't relevant or as popular as someone like Sans or, if you consider him one, Steve. Quote simply doesn't have the Relevance nor the Popularity as of late so he'd be further out than Sans cause I can unironically see Sans getting in.

-Scorpion. Mortal Kombat's main thing is being overly gruesome which I doesn't really fit within Smash, Sure they neutured Bayo's "Sexiness" and Snake's Maturity but they were problems that while being there weren't what their Franchises were known for, unlike Scorpion and Mortal Kombat. I really Can't see how Sakurai would overcome these issues, though I would be more than fine with being wrong.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Hey guys, I don't have many friends on Switch so would anyone like to add me?

My code is:
SW-2215-0173-2152

I'm "BC" with an Isabelle avatar.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Despite my happy-go lucky demeanor here, i'm actually pretty sarcastic and lazy in real life. But right now I feel alright.

The power of good news, huh?

D

Deleted member

Despite my happy-go lucky demeanor here, i'm actually pretty sarcastic and lazy in real life. But right now I feel alright.

The power of good news, huh?
That's how I am too. Here I would say I'm okay but IRL I'm mostly Sarcastic, Lazy or Monotone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually had no idea it was there, but I might just wait until it gets a port on Switch or maybe announced with the NSO, if not then I'll check it out. Are there any on the 3DS?
The 3DS can, of course, play Awakening, Fates, and SoV, as well as Shadow Dragon if you have the cartridge because it can play DS games, but sadly none are on the VC.

However, if you have an OG 3DS and were part of the Ambassador Program, you were able to play The Sacred Stones. I'll never understand why they didn't put the GBA Ambassador games on the VC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom