• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Real talk, the Microsoft thing has made me go from seeing Master Chief as "impossible and the literal point Smash stops being about Nintendo" to "holy ****ing **** halo man is getting in and he's finally reuniting with his sister metroid"

D

Deleted member

Real talk, the Microsoft thing has made me go from seeing Master Chief as "impossible and the literal point Smash stops being about Nintendo" to "holy ****ing **** halo man is getting in and he's finally reuniting with his sister metroid"
Metroid is the scientist, you’re thinking of Metroid’s monster.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Yeah, assuming the rumor is true, but Halo is not the only canditate, we might also see the protagonist from Call of Duty.

And this could also expand a lot in options of characters for the next Smash 6.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Man, if Microsoft really is in the mix to get a character in Smash, I honestly hope for Master Chief. Like, I get Steve. But Master Chief.

That’s like the biggest middle finger to Sony ever. Unless of course they go all in and add Nathan Drake or Kratos.

But for real. I would have pick Master Chief. If for nothing else than the memes.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
What about Steve, though? Is he a worthy canditate? Of course there are a lot of options, but I don't see him as a canditate. He could probably be another canditate to give a middle finger to Sony.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How is the concept of sleep not terrifying to people

You literally are losing precious time in your finite life just to be unconscious. It's why I rarely sleep more than 6 hours. I get super paranoid thinking about it
The thing is, sleeping does help your body.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
The thing is, sleeping does help your body.
Like always, I believe you're so vague. It does help your body, but in what way?

I will fix that for you this time. It helps you to keep relaxed, and to restore your energy. If you have a headache, going to sleep will remove the headache by the time you wake up.

osby

Smash Obsessed
What about Steve, though? Is he a worthy canditate? Of course there are a lot of options, but I don't see him as a canditate. He could probably be another canditate to give a middle finger to Sony.
Why? He makes perfect sense. There is no reason to add a character just out of spite and he doesn't need that to be a good choice.

KMDP

Smash Legend
How is the concept of sleep not terrifying to people

You literally are losing precious time in your finite life just to be unconscious. It's why I rarely sleep more than 6 hours. I get super paranoid thinking about it
You overthink things.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Like always, I believe you're so vague. It does help your body, but in what way?

I will fix that for you this time. It helps you to keep relaxed, and to restore your energy. If you have a headache, going to sleep will remove the headache by the time you wake up.
It rests your muscles and allow your brain to sort out new info.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Why? He makes perfect sense. There is no reason to add a character just out of spite and he doesn't need that to be a good choice.
I don't know. Let's just say that I feel conflicted.. On a hand we have Master Chief, the mascot of Microsoft but we have Minecraft and Steve. I honestly would like to choose Master Chief though.

But... If we do get Steve though, let's hope peoples won't boast/call out the Banjo fans.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Not a worthy candidate?

He's more worthy than most of the characters already in Smash...

The only Smash represented franchises that are more well known than Minecraft, are really just Mario, Pokemon, Wii, and Pac-Man

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Not a worthy candidate?

He's more worthy than most of the characters already in Smash...

The only Smash represented franchises that are more well known than Minecraft are really just Mario, Pokemon, and Pac-Man
While you might be right, if we do get Steve, I want to tell peoples that we're not here to shun Banjo fans/have a fight about it. I mean, it's pretty heated and it's better to not be rude to the opposite side, it's better to respect their opinions.
I understand Minecraft is bigger than Halo. If we do get Steve though, Banjo fans might have a not pretty reaction.

However, again, let's say I'm pretty conflicted. Master Chief would be good though, since it's promoting the mascot of Microsoft.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't know. Let's just say that I feel conflicted.. On a hand we have Master Chief, the mascot of Microsoft but we have Minecraft and Steve. I honestly would like to choose Master Chief though.

But... If we do get Steve though, let's hope peoples won't boast/call out the Banjo fans.
What you personally feel about the subject doesn't change that Mc is a lot bigger than Halo.

And if we do end up getting Steve, you should worry about Banjo fans more, because their reaction won't be pretty.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
What you personally feel about the subject doesn't change that Mc is a lot bigger than Halo.

And if we do end up getting Steve, you should worry about Banjo fans more, because their reaction won't be pretty.
I could probably say the same for Steve fans, if Banjo gets in Steve fans will be pissed. But you're right in fact that it's bigger than Halo.

D

Deleted member

If we get any other Microsoft rep I guarantee you that us 2 Battletoads supporters will go "eh"

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
While you might be right, if we do get Steve, I want to tell peoples that we're not here to shun Banjo fans/have a fight about it. I mean, it's pretty heated and it's better to not be rude to the opposite side, it's better to respect their opinions.
I understand Minecraft is bigger than Halo. If we do get Steve though, Banjo fans might have a not pretty reaction.

However, again, let's say I'm pretty conflicted. Master Chief would be good though, since it's promoting the mascot of Microsoft.
While I understand your hope for no argument, let's be real; if Banjo gets in, some of his fans will **** on Steve supporters, and vice versa for some Steve fans. It will happen, unfortunately. Just don't be a part of it, and you'll be fine.

D

Deleted member

It's best not to associate a character with their support groups. Very easy to ruin a character for oneself if you do that. I was against K. Rool for a short while after the Smash 4 DLC days because of the way the louder ones reacted to the Bayo and Corrin announcement. I chilled out by the time he got announced, though, because I realized I shouldn't let a few bad apples spoil a character I enjoy and would want.

...That said, depending on how this DLC goes, there are definitely some support threads you may wanna stay away from, lol.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
While I understand your hope for no argument, let's be real; if Banjo gets in, some of his fans will **** on Steve supporters, and vice versa for some Steve fans. It will happen, unfortunately. Just don't be a part of it, and you'll be fine.
You're right. There's nothing we can do to cater to either side, it's inevitable.

However, it would be pure chaos if a Microsoft rep that isn't Banjo or Steve got in Smash. I can't wait to grab my popcorn for it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I mean if the rumors are true and we're getting Erdrick, a lot of supporters of other Square Enix characters are probably not gonna be happy.

Backlash is inevitable, regardless, and I doubt we can do anything to change that...

I doubt fan reaction really matters in the end, I mean, look at Bayonetta

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
It's best not to associate a character with their support groups. Very easy to ruin a character for oneself if you do that. I was against K. Rool for a short while after the Smash 4 DLC days because of the way the louder ones reacted to the Bayo and Corrin announcement. I chilled out by the time he got announced, though, because I realized I shouldn't let a few bad apples spoil a character I enjoy and would want.

...That said, depending on how this DLC goes, there are definitely some support threads you may wanna stay away from, lol.
When I hear about the idea of a Season 2, I just think about how much time I'll have to spend in my bunker.

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I mean if the rumors are true and we're getting Erdrick, a lot of Geno fans are probably not gonna be happy.

I doubt fan reaction really matters in the end, I mean, look at Bayonetta
Could say the same thing now. In the end I guess NOBODY can CATHER to both side.

Generally, in a game, there are casual and hardcore players. The companies can try to add features that cater to a side, but there's NO definitive thing that can cather and make EVERY casual and hardcore happy.

Microsoft Sam, soils the competition
Microsoft Mary sues the competition

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
And if Conker gets in both sides will just kind of nod their heads like, "Well played."

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
And if Conker gets in both sides will just kind of nod their heads like, "Well played."
Hey, I'd like to say something to you. I've noticed that when you post something, a lot of times if not always Smashing Ramen seems to like your post. Viceversa, you seem to like a lot/all of Smashing Ramen's posts... Why is it...?

Wait... could it be...

You two are sisters?!
/s

D

Deleted member

When I hear about the idea of a Season 2, I just think about how much time I'll have to spend in my bunker.
TBH if I'm right about there being only one Fighter's Pass (which IMO is looking very likely at this point), then hoooooo boy there's gonna be another Bayo and Corrin level fallout. I feel some people are setting expectations way too high for this game's post launch support, and when the final character gets shown and that's it, it ain't gonna be pretty.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey, I'd like to say something to you. I've noticed that when you post something, a lot of times if not always Smashing Ramen seems to like your post. Viceversa, you seem to like a lot/all of Smashing Ramen's posts... Why is it...?

Wait... could it be...

You two are sisters?!
/s
I just like good posts. Smashing usually makes good posts. No conspiracy here.

We're actually the same person on two alts to double our like count. I don't even like Resident Evil, I'm just playing a character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
TBH if I'm right about there being only one Fighter's Pass (which IMO is looking very likely at this point), then hoooooo boy there's gonna be another Bayo and Corrin level fallout. I feel some people are setting expectations way too high for this game's post launch support, and when the final character gets shown and that's it, it ain't gonna be pretty.
What? That's preposterous, nobody would ever overhype themselves and get mad that they got something different than what they expected at the end before! Isn't that right ROB, Wolf, Dark Pit, Corrin, Bayonetta, Incineroar and Plant?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Wait... could it be...

You two are sisters?!
/s
We aren't sisters, we just think alike, most of the time.

Which is definitely a double-edged sword, in some cases

And, you know what they say, great minds think alike.

Last edited:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
I just like good posts. Smashing usually makes good posts. No conspiracy here.

We're actually the same person on two alts to double our like count. I don't even like Resident Evil, I'm just playing a character.
....aaaw, that's too bad. That is interesting, though. I probably did mention it earlier in one of the old posts, but I'll say it. I actually have a older sister who is 18.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You can have ten Fighter's Pass and people would still cause a meltdown over the last characters. Smash 4 proved that by having more newcomers than any previous game but still people forgetting everything after "that's it" characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom