• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
This post may or may not have existed at one point.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Not really. Because if a lot of people THINK they're being targeted it does the same damage as being targeted. Sure, ATLUS wasn't INTENTIONALLY doing something to them, but it still happened.

Plus the idea that Rin is actually just a"crossdressing man" to me feels like a bull**** excuse crafted by the writers after they were told the character would be offensive to late into production to change it. Or a localization thing if it's just in the west (which it's sounding like it probably isn't but hey, they tried to strip away the LGBTQ status of Birdo, Eagle, Poison, and Vivian in the past so why would they stop now)
Rin's route is as described in Japanese. The route is you pursuing him after you wake up in bed to find he has a **** and Vincent hits him.

The distinction to make about the why its offensive is largely behind writer intent. One is a literal gay panic, while the other is transphobia because "it is a man."

One devalues a person's right to exist, the other denies it.

Also Rin is an alien that looks like a ****ing Minion

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
They've been marching to the beat of their own drum as Nintendo normally does. Got any reason why they'd out-of-the-blue just stop to adhere to a section of the crowd who may or may not buy it just from knowing the season pass roster?
Is there any reason why they wouldn't just do what they want anyway like they always do?
If they want to, they will, and that's the dilemma here. We can only assume whether or not they want to, and so we can't really accept this as any kind of proof against something. This is all conjecture. Their drum changes tempo sometimes :warioc:

Wtf I'm making hot chocolate and the mix packet doesn't have marshmallows, despite the others from the same box having marshmallows.
Buy a lottery ticket

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It's never gonna happen, but I'd also be fine with Fate's Nero because goddamn her Extella Link model is gorgeous

I actively support Artoria, but my favorite Saberface (of sorts) is Mordred, while my heart belongs to Arcueid. Artoria being the closest thing to a mascot however means she's the likeliest inclusion above all else. That all being said, Nero is really cute too. Her flaunty attitude would be bowdlerized into a "Come get some!" style taunting.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
While there's plenty of other reasons that the 5chan leak is fake, your line of thinking the shows the first thing that comes to detractors' minds regarding it.
I think the 5chan leak is complete bull TBH. But the idea that parts of it could be correct by accident should be taken into acount. We live in an infinite universe of finite possibilities. We have to at least consider it, sense ANYTHING could happen.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Is there any reason why they wouldn't just do what they want anyway like they always do?
If they want to, they will, and that's the dilemma here. We can only assume whether or not they want to, and so we can't really accept this as any kind of proof against something. This is all conjecture. Their drum changes tempo sometimes :warioc:
So basically, you don't have any ammo. For your argument. We can't just rely on Nintendo being random for the sake if a leak piggybacking off of reddit posts, and claiming to know the reveal schedule of all characters.

Especially if we're going to condemn leaks that try harder than that.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Was bored so I thought over the "Jane is a separate character" theory (oh dear not another theory someone please stop me) and how it applies to some female characters that start with the letter J. The important question is: Does this character have a ponytail?

Jill Valentine: No if classic, Yes if post Revelations

Jade (Beyond Good and Evil): No

Joanna Dark: No

So if Jane = female character with a ponytail, then Jill would be our most likely

Or it could all be a ruse and one of our DLC fighters is the Soldier from Team Fortress 2.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Rin's route is as described in Japanese. The route is you pursuing him after you wake up in bed to find he has a **** and Vincent hits him.

The distinction to make about the why its offensive is largely behind writer intent. One is a literal gay panic, while the other is transphobia because "it is a man."

I still don't know how to respond to it. Like, the authors should have thought about some of the obvious implications of their choices before doing them.

Double K

Smash Lord
I still don't know how to respond to it. Like, the authors should have thought about some of the obvious implications of their choices before doing them.
This is Hashino we're talking about.

This is the guy who wrote a character S.Link about how a girl has been prostituted by her parents and you save her by making the parents not do it and then they can be a happy family again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
That's right, her biker bridal outfit

well that is a pretty cool outfit
Wtf I'm making hot chocolate and the mix packet doesn't have marshmallows, despite the others from the same box having marshmallows.
Is it Swiss Miss? Ill go attack them for you

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
So basically, you don't have any ammo. For your argument. We can't just rely on Nintendo being random for the sake if a leak piggybacking off of reddit posts, and claiming to know the reveal schedule of all characters.

Especially if we're going to condemn leaks that try harder than that.
Nah, no ammo. Hey, I'm ToasterBrains, I intentionally bet against the odds for funsies. Nice to meet you.
It ain't that deep.
I think the leak is fake as hell yo

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is Hashino we're talking about.

This is the guy who wrote a character S.Link about how a girl has been prostituted by her parents and you save her by making the parents not do it and then they can be a happy family again.
This guy should not be writing games that deal with controversy. He should be a writer for like.... Mario or Sonic or something with no business in that region if storytelling.

Double K

Smash Lord
This guy should not be writing games that deal with controversy. He should be a writer for like.... Mario or Sonic or something with no business in that region if storytelling.
He shouldn't be writing period

P5 is literally about rebelling against society and how conforming sucks and people with power abuse it on the powerless

and it ends with... you conforming to societal norms.

D

Deleted member

I am back from reading a cool book,
Please stop being a "woe is me" drama queen. As someone who describes themselves as a gifted intellectual you'd think that you'd find a better way to sap pity from us than that washed up act. Stop. No one is going to pity you.
Allright, I am just upset that I do not have any talent for being funny. ( Do not pity me, I am fine. )

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He shouldn't be writing period

P5 is literally about rebelling against society and how conforming sucks and people with power abuse it on the powerless

and it ends with... you conforming to societal norms.
Huh. You know it's weird that I've been developing a fan-project related to the Persona series. Because based on a lot of what's happened I should hate this series. But it's acually kind of driving me to want to do better than him.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Allright, I am just upset that I do not have any talent for being funny. ( Do not pity me, I am fine. )
First step is to keep making terrible jokes and never call attention to it

That's all I ever do

wait I just broke that rule
alright guys guess I'm firing myself

Edit: wait do you intentionally avoid using contractions or...

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
Huh. You know it's weird that I've been developing a fan-project related to the Persona series. Because based on a lot of what's happened I should hate this series. But it's acually kind of driving me to want to do better than him.
That said, for its #problematic content, Persona 3 is still his opus because it DOESN'T shoot its themes in the foot

All social links in P3 are about how they have a ****ty situation but they have to learn to cope with it. It sucks, but ultimately things change and we can't control it.

P4 is about facing your true self, but even ignoring the Kanji and Naoto debate, all the social links aside from Dojima are about STATUS QUO

P5 is about societal rebellion and how we have to MAKE society work for us and aside from like... Teacher and Politician, you basically reset to status quo. Again.

D

Deleted member

Ah, I see where you're coming from now. Still, gay panic and transphobia often blend together. Because transwomen are often outed as men as you said and according to these lazy jokes, well that wouldn't be good, how could a straight man handle the thought of affection of another man? Even if it's a post op transwoman, so, not a man. *coughaceventuracough*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom