• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It's kind of funny how our discussions about sexuality tend to be far more civil then actual character speculation sometimes is.

Shroob

Sup?
"5 characters by E3" alone wasn't enough for you?
Even though I have no leg in the race, no, not really?

We're probably getting a Direct next month or in April to go over 3.0.0 and probably whoever the hell Brave is.

The trailers for the characters aren't done in-house, so if E3 just dropped 3 trailers but said "Release dates in like, September, December and Feb2020", that wouldn't be weird at all.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Billybo10K has released his next episode of Rate their Chances.

Cuphead
Chance: 0%
Want: 40%

Tails
Chance: 5%
Want: 95%

Professor Layton
Chance: 70%
Want: 100%

Steve
Chance: 100%
Want: 100%

Agree or disagree? What do you all think?
Alright... I may be the biggest Steve stan,

but I would never put his chances at 100%...

Maybe 70%, max, but even that's a bit high...

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
If Cygames gets a rep I just hope they put in a bunch of music from their IPs in

Franchouchou music for Smash

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Even though I have no leg in the race, no, not really?

We're probably getting a Direct next month or in April to go over 3.0.0 and probably whoever the hell Brave is.

The trailers for the characters aren't done in-house, so if E3 just dropped 3 trailers but said "Release dates in like, September, December and Feb2020", that wouldn't be weird at all.
Yeah, because they'd totally blow their entire reveal load that meant months before the finale deadline. Never mind how that would absolutely murder the hype and pacing and not really have much fans really chomping at the bit if they know all the characters by that point, but have you seen how long it's taking us just to learn who Fighter No. 2 is?

What about Smash would they even left to talk about aside from maybe the fighters' game plays or what not?

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Yeah, because they'd totally blow their entire reveal load that meant months before the finale deadline. Never mind how that would absolutely murder the hype and pacing and not really have much fans really chomping at the bit if they know all the characters by that point, but have you seen how long it's taking us just to learn who Fighter No. 2 is?

What about Smash would they even left to talk about aside from maybe the fighters' game plays or what not?
Alternatively, if they wanna sell the fighter pass to those who were on the fence.........

Double K

Smash Lord

Game balance, combos, bugs, character details, easter eggs...

Just a penguin

Smash Master

Just a reminder that they talked about brightness setting on the November direct.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure it’s tied to genetics. Could be wrong tho.
Gender is a cultural and social construct tied to one's sex, some cultures have always had more than one gender. I get the confusion, as often times gender is used as a "non-dirty" alternative to sex.

Again, gonna bring up that Rin ID's as a gay crossdressing male.

It's transphobic because the route literally opens with a gay panic attack and you get the Rin ending by going after them
I'd say that even if Rin is a crossdressing male, it doesn't make the joke any less tired and lazy. The whole "trapped" joke is comedy's equivalent to jump scares. They're both used to get a quick shock out of you without much thought.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Whatever's bothering you, rest easy...

Because Devil May Cry 5 comes out in 2 weeks.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Or they could.... do a second fighters pass. There's a thought.

I don't think we'll get everyone revealed by E3, I think they'll save something for Q3 or 4, maybe the Game Awards.

Last edited:

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
No, because knowing who is going to be DLC by E3 (because it said Steve and DOOM Marine would only be REVEALED at E3, not RELEASED) isn't a good enough excuse to decide something is fake.
Did I say "released"? No. I didn't. All being revealed by E3 doesn't make sense either.
Or they could.... do a second fighters pass. There's a thought
Funnily enough, the majority of folk here would tell you you're crazy for expecting such. If that were the case, it'd be understandable, though potentially odd, especially if they want to maximize profits of the first season pass.

Last edited:

Double K

Smash Lord
I'd say that even if Rin is a crossdressing male, it doesn't make the joke any less tired and lazy. The whole "trapped" joke is comedy's equivalent to jump scares. They're both used to get a quick shock out of you without much thought.
Yes absolutely, but it is important to get the labeling right to get better perspective on why it's ****ed up. A crossdressing male and a trans woman having the same joke is offensive for the same reasons, but the reprecussions are different

D

Deleted member

Oh word I walked into a thread of people calling each other autistic? Time to be offended ‘cause I’m sensitive.

Oh, it was a mistake?

Just like everything else here.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Did I say "released"? No. I didn't. All being revealed by E3 doesn't make sense either.
I disagree.
I think it would be a good time to do it, timeline wise.
The game's already released so hype retention isn't really as important as it was before, and like I said, it could shove people in the right direction if they were on the fence about the fighter pass.

Oh word I walked into a thread of people calling each other autistic? Time to be offended ‘cause I’m sensitive.

Oh, it was a mistake?

Just like everything else here.
This ain't it, chief.

Last edited:

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

I don't know, I enjoy the suspense of waiting for the next character, but right now there's nothing to really speculate on. The DLC could practically be a huge number of characters and we have no way to narrow it down. At this point I'm kind of tired, so I'd honestly like it if they just told us the remaining characters.

It's not like we talk about Smash 24/7 anyway.

Shroob

Sup?

By the time E3 rolls around that'll give us 8 months until the Final deadline, and I fully expect to know Brave's identity(Though not necessarily his release date) by the end of April.

I also fully expect at least 1 newcomer at E3, 2 if I'm being very ambitious.

That would mean that we'd have 1 character(MAYBE 2 if only 1 at E3), max, left to reveal. That's not 'much' left at all.

Besides, you're acting like this could be all that we're getting. Whose to say we're not going to be getting more "YUUUUUGE" patches like 3.0.0 is rumored to be? Or hell, a 2nd fighter ballot, since we still have 1 empty spot on the Stage Select Screen once the DLC5 are done.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yes absolutely, but it is important to get the labeling right to get better perspective on why it's ****ed up. A crossdressing male and a trans woman having the same joke is offensive for the same reasons, but the reprecussions are different
Not really. Because if a lot of people THINK they're being targeted it does the same damage as being targeted. Sure, ATLUS wasn't INTENTIONALLY doing something to them, but it still happened.

Plus the idea that Rin is actually just a"crossdressing man" to me feels like a bull**** excuse crafted by the writers after they were told the character would be offensive to late into production to change it. Or a localization thing if it's just in the west (which it's sounding like it probably isn't but hey, they tried to strip away the LGBTQ status of Birdo, Eagle, Poison, and Vivian in the past so why would they stop now)

D

Deleted member

Even if we could, 'Jane' is as generic as a name as you can get.

All we know is this character probably has something that constitutes as a ponytail.
I lost track what’s with this ponytail character?

Shroob

Sup?
I lost track what’s with this ponytail character?
There's a seperate file bunched in with Joker's alt costumes labeled as Jane that has strings of code that reference ponytail physics.

Some think it's a potential female Joker for Persona 5R, some think it's an entirely different character that we don't know about.

Jovahexeon Joranvexeon

Smash Champion
Alternatively, if they wanna sell the fighter pass to those who were on the fence.........
They've been marching to the beat of their own drum as Nintendo normally does. Got any reason why they'd out-of-the-blue just stop to adhere to a section of the crowd who may or may not buy it just from knowing the season pass roster?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wtf I'm making hot chocolate and the mix packet doesn't have marshmallows, despite the others from the same box having marshmallows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom