• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
My only roles I've had so far in my own show are basically my normal speaking voice with a bit of a whine and an old southern general. You don't necessarily need to be able to inflect; you need to be able to act.

Too many people get hung up on doing various impressions but honestly, as I'm learning to direct and cast and act myself, I've found that finding good actors is far more important than finding funny voices. Some people have the talent and work ethic to be able to act into a microphone based on their imagination. Other people don't.
Well, I mean, the problem is I ain't exactly good at that either. :p I wanna voice act, but I lack the major two things you need to pursue such a career.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Oh yes, absolutely. But this is assuming they have the time/energy to match that good will. These abridged episodes are ****ing hard, man. I've learned first hand. You wouldn't think they take as much effort as they do.

If I were in their position, I'd hold off on a season one remake until the Buu saga has been over for awhile and hold onto that S1 for a "just in case of loss of viewership, break glass".
KaiserNeko had the Making of DBZA videos (can't remember their specific name), which get the idea of how difficult they are to make pretty well.

It also has some funny stuff in itself.
Scott (about the second Cooler Movie): "**** this movie, **** this movie, **** this movie, **** this movie".

If they do decide to remake Season 1, it might be a good idea to do it as Special Episodes. Like Anniversary specials and the like.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, I mean, the problem is I ain't exactly good at that either. :p I wanna voice act, but I lack the major two things you need to pursue such a career.
Here's my advice from my limited experience:

Go stage act. Find some classes or an amateur troop or something. All of my best actors have acted elsewhere before they ever stepped into a recording booth. There's a certain natural talent, yes, but it's far more about experience and desire than just talent. It's very obvious when I'm directing someone with experience on stage versus someone without.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Oh yeah yesterday was one of the funnest days I've had in a decade since I live in northern VA and both me and my sister's classes were cancelled because of the snow storm so we just hunkered down and played Hyper Light Drifter co-op for like 9 hours, it was a blast

I love that game so much
Wait, that game has a co-op mode? I played it way back when it first came out, but I'd love to play it again with my brother since we both really enjoyed it. I even have a poster from it above my desk.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
KaiserNeko had the Making of DBZA videos (can't remember their specific name), which get the idea of how difficult they are to make pretty well.

It also has some funny stuff in itself.
Scott (about the second Cooler Movie): "**** this movie, **** this movie, **** this movie, **** this movie".

If they do decide to remake Season 1, it might be a good idea to do it as Special Episodes. Like Anniversary specials and the like.
I'm grateful he posted those videos. They gave me a general idea of how to make my own when my brother and I started brainstorming for Gundam Wing. Without watching those I probably wouldn't have really been able to finish a TIBA submission.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
my voice sounds like im dead inside

which isnt totally inaccurate :101:

D

Deleted member

Wait, that game has a co-op mode? I played it way back when it first came out, but I'd love to play it again with my brother since we both really enjoyed it. I even have a poster from it above my desk.
Yeah, at least the PC version does. That's the one we played, IDK about any others. You have to turn it on in the pause menu

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Oh yeah yesterday was one of the funnest days I've had in a decade since I live in northern VA and both me and my sister's classes were cancelled because of the snow storm so we just hunkered down and played Hyper Light Drifter co-op for like 9 hours, it was a blast

I love that game so much
Hyper Light Drifter is so good, it's like the Dark Souls of top-down acti... *gets shot*

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Enjoy your Jump Force DLC weebs, it's better than the base roster lmao
There was a problem fetching the tweet
...Law? Really? I get that he's popular (and that's probably all the justification that they need, really), but out of all of the One Piece characters that they could have chosen, he's probably one of the least interesting for me.

I like the My Hero Academia choices, and Buu depends on which version of Buu it is. I would have been perfectly fine without two new Bleach characters, though. Grimmjow never really stood out to me (he seemed like a less entertaining version of Kenpachi), and Hitsugaya felt shoe-horned into the plot.

I REALLY don't like the Uchihas in Naruto, so I can think of a lot of characters that I would have preferred over Madara. (Hinata, Lee, and Gai for starters)

Even if they just limited it to series that are already in the game, where are the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters? Bare minimum, you'd think that either Jonathan or Joseph would have made the cut, since they were in the last game, and Bandai-Namco made a JoJo arena brawler, so there are about fifty different options to choose from there. What about Raoh from Fist of the North Star? I'd pay good money for him.

I'm neutral on Kaiba and Biscuit, assuming that Biscuit is the one from Hunter x Hunter and not a different character with the same name.

I don't have the game (mainly because I don't know if my computer can run it, and from what I've seen, I don't know if I'd pay full price for it), but this DLC roster seems lacking in my eyes.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Even if they just limited it to series that are already in the game, where are the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters? Bare minimum, you'd think that either Jonathan or Joseph would have made the cut, since they were in the last game, and Bandai-Namco made a JoJo arena brawler, so there are about fifty different options to choose from there.
why are you leaving out giorno?

he is literally japan's favorite. why do you think the anime got such a high budget after that pretty sloppy budget job part 4 got? david productions messing that part up in any way, shape, or form would be like defacing a religious text

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I been replaying Skyward Sword and Ghirahim makes me wonder whether I should be scared or aroused

KMDP

Smash Legend
...Law? Really? I get that he's popular (and that's probably all the justification that they need, really), but out of all of the One Piece characters that they could have chosen, he's probably one of the least interesting for me.
Law's powers are super interesting and unique, which is pretty good justification beyond him being a popular character.

D

Deleted member

I just watched HtTYD 3!
Noipoi Noipoi KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms DarkAuraful DarkAuraful

Me after seeing Toothless's children:
netflix history ussr us.jpg

Fantastic movie. I liked the villain, I liked the story, I liked everything!
Also Hiccup and Astrid having children was nice. I hated no character, everyone was likeable or had depth for me.
Also they nailed it in terms of Toothless and Lightfury. 10/10, the reaction between Lightfury and Toothless was adorable! ^_^
Fantastic movie, I highly recommend it to those who watched HtTYD 1 and 2!

I have a ton of other stuff I stull need to see that I have on Netflix.

See you all later.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

I like the My Hero Academia choices, and Buu depends on which version of Buu it is. I would have been perfectly fine without two new Bleach characters, though. Grimmjow never really stood out to me (he seemed like a less entertaining version of Kenpachi), and Hitsugaya felt shoe-horned into the plot.

I REALLY don't like the Uchihas in Naruto, so I can think of a lot of characters that I would have preferred over Madara. (Hinata, Lee, and Gai for starters)

Even if they just limited it to series that are already in the game, where are the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters? Bare minimum, you'd think that either Jonathan or Joseph would have made the cut, since they were in the last game, and Bandai-Namco made a JoJo arena brawler, so there are about fifty different options to choose from there. What about Raoh from Fist of the North Star? I'd pay good money for him.

I'm neutral on Kaiba and Biscuit, assuming that Biscuit is the one from Hunter x Hunter and not a different character with the same name.

I don't have the game (mainly because I don't know if my computer can run it, and from what I've seen, I don't know if I'd pay full price for it), but this DLC roster seems lacking in my eyes.
I can't comment on anything else, but as a huge One Piece fan, I feel the same way about Law. I think he's a decent character and all, but I just find his "Room" powers kinda boring. I would've much rather seen someone like Katakuri who's at least kinda new/relevant but also fairly popular.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So I've come to the conclusion that Ike needs a debuff.

Its so frustrating that every game since their debut someone from FE is so obnoxiously good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What Base Roster was for Ultimate in terms of disappointing in the end with :ultincineroar:and:ultken: is what DLC is for Jump Force.

No Tsuna. No Medaka. No Gintama. No Koro-sensei.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, guys, comin' back at ya with the Hot Joker Intel™.

The same dude who found out Joker's stage is Mementos found a new interesting string of code in Joker's files. It's got a filename associated with costumes, makes reference to someone or something called "Jane", and seems to be the model bones for a ponytail.

D

Deleted member

So I've come to the conclusion that Ike needs a debuff.

Its so frustrating that every game since their debut someone from FE is so obnoxiously good.
Ike is fine

His weaknesses and strengths are both large. If you can get him below the ledge so he can't side-b, he's a free stock. If you have a counter, he's a free stock anywhere offstage. He's also slow as a rock, and is **** against combo heavy characters like the top tiers such as Pichu, Peach, and Fox. Even MKLeo had to whip out the Lucina when he was fighting them. Ike IS insanely good against heavies, though. He just bullies them lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom