• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hey, guys, comin' back at ya with the Hot Joker Intel™.

The same dude who found out Joker's stage is Mementos found a new interesting string of code in Joker's files. It's got a filename associated with costumes, makes reference to someone or something called "Jane", and seems to be the model bones for a ponytail.
Joker is our DQ Rep Confirmed! Get hype people we already have our DQ rep! it's obviously a mis-translation of Jade from DQXI!

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Skyward Sword is an underrated gem that gets a lot of hate for not being exactly what fans wanted at the time. Motion controls work just fine almost all the time from what I played and the game is a lot of fun.

It really is a shame how much hate it gets when it's really undeserving.

Pakky

Smash Hero
...Law? Really? I get that he's popular (and that's probably all the justification that they need, really), but out of all of the One Piece characters that they could have chosen, he's probably one of the least interesting for me.

I like the My Hero Academia choices, and Buu depends on which version of Buu it is. I would have been perfectly fine without two new Bleach characters, though. Grimmjow never really stood out to me (he seemed like a less entertaining version of Kenpachi), and Hitsugaya felt shoe-horned into the plot.

I REALLY don't like the Uchihas in Naruto, so I can think of a lot of characters that I would have preferred over Madara. (Hinata, Lee, and Gai for starters)

Even if they just limited it to series that are already in the game, where are the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure characters? Bare minimum, you'd think that either Jonathan or Joseph would have made the cut, since they were in the last game, and Bandai-Namco made a JoJo arena brawler, so there are about fifty different options to choose from there. What about Raoh from Fist of the North Star? I'd pay good money for him.

I'm neutral on Kaiba and Biscuit, assuming that Biscuit is the one from Hunter x Hunter and not a different character with the same name.

I don't have the game (mainly because I don't know if my computer can run it, and from what I've seen, I don't know if I'd pay full price for it), but this DLC roster seems lacking in my eyes.
Should bee Katakuri Law makes the story worse. Jinbe is possibly the WORST character in the series. (Fight me on Jinbe he makes no sense)

Why not Brook? Why not Nami?

All Might- SHOULD HAVE BEEN BASE ROSTER

BUU-BASE ROSTER, WHO IS CELL IN 2018-2019?

Bakugo- BASE

MADARA- BASE

KAIBA- BASE

Biscuit- Okay, good DLC choice and a nice female rep

What is a Bleach in 2018-2019?

This game is trash...

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend

The same dude who found out Joker's stage is Mementos found a new interesting string of code in Joker's files. It's got a filename associated with costumes, makes reference to someone or something called "Jane", and seems to be the model bones for a ponytail.[/SPOILER]
Persona 5 Crimson with Female Protagonist?

Pakky

Smash Hero
Ike is fine

His weaknesses and strengths are both large. If you can get him below the ledge so he can't side-b, he's a free stock. If you have a counter, he's a free stock anywhere. He's also slow as a rock, and is **** against combo heavy characters like the top tiers such as Pichu, Peach, and Fox. Even MKLeo had to whip out the Lucina when he was fighting them. Ike IS insanely good against heavies, though. He just bullies them lmao
Okay so what I'm feeling is salt :ultincineroar:

This irked me so much.

D

Deleted member

The same dude who found out Joker's stage is Mementos found a new interesting string of code in Joker's files. It's got a filename associated with costumes, makes reference to someone or something called "Jane", and seems to be the model bones for a ponytail.
Could very well just be junk text, but maybe Joker will have a gender option in the Persona 5 update and he’ll also have it in Smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
why are you leaving out giorno?

he is literally japan's favorite. why do you think the anime got such a high budget after that pretty sloppy budget job part 4 got? david productions messing that part up in any way, shape, or form would be like defacing a religious text
Giorno wasn't playable in J Stars Victory Versus.

Law's powers are super interesting and unique, which is pretty good justification beyond him being a popular character.
They're definitely unique, but they're rather poorly defined, and it seems to me that he got in because he does insanely well in the popularity polls (he made it to the top ten before he even DID anything in the series, so a lot of it seems to be due to his design) as opposed to him being an entertaining character.

I thought Ace or Akainu would stand a good chance since they were in J Stars Victory Versus, and Jinbei or Katakuri would make a lot of sense since the former is a rather prominent character now (not going to elaborate further for risk of spoilers), while the latter is an extremely popular antagonist.

I can't comment on anything else, but as a huge One Piece fan, I feel the same way about Law. I think he's a decent character and all, but I just find his "Room" powers kinda boring. I would've much rather seen someone like Katakuri who's at least kinda new/relevant but also fairly popular.
For me, it's not just his powers. He became extremely popular (getting top ten in the fourth popularity poll) before he even did anything, which seemed to lead to him being shoehorned into the role of a major character post-time-skip, getting revealed to be one of the people with the middle initial D (despite having nothing in common with the others), and spending a ton of time travelling with the Straw Hats to the point that he feels more important than some of them. (and they're the main characters of the series)

KMDP

Smash Legend
Skyward Sword is an underrated gem that gets a lot of hate for not being exactly what fans wanted at the time. Motion controls work just fine almost all the time from what I played and the game is a lot of fun.

It really is a shame how much hate it gets when it's really undeserving.
I think part of the "Motion Controls don't work" complaints stem from people who think Skyward Sword is a waggle game (Also, obstruction between the Wiimote and Sensor Bar).

The one problem I had with Skyward Sword was that my Nunchuk's connector was dirty, meaning I couldn't roll or shield bash until I cleaned it.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OKAY GUYS I GET IT I MADE A MISTAKE.

Cool design still. :p

D

Deleted member

Okay so what I'm feeling is salt :ultincineroar:

This irked me so much.
Ike honestly just bullies the **** out of superheavies in this game

Their one advantage of killing super early doesn't affect him as much because guess what, he's also decently heavy. Couple that with his large hitboxes and their large hurtboxes, and one of his weaknesses (poor speed) not really mattering because superheavies have ****e frame data means that it's a hard matchup for sure. K.Rool and Incineroar to an extent can try freebie him below the stage but good luck actually doing it with your slow counter speed/run speed lmao

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
For me, it's not just his powers. He became extremely popular (getting top ten in the fourth popularity poll) before he even did anything, which seemed to lead to him being shoehorned into the role of a major character post-time-skip, getting revealed to be one of the people with the middle initial D (despite having nothing in common with the others), and spending a ton of time travelling with the Straw Hats to the point that he feels more important than some of them. (and they're the main characters of the series)
Yea, I liked him a lot more back in Sabaody. Back then, he seemed to be on the same level of importance as all the other Supernovas for the most part (Though imo it seemed like Eustass Kid should have been the most important one since he's essentially a foil for Luffy). But then it was like Oda saw how much people liked Law and then just decided "you know what, now he's going to be an important character" and gave him so much backstory and development to the point where it just comes across as forced.

I agree though. He's become like an honorary Straw Hat and genuinely is more important than like half of them, which is kinda sad.

Last edited:

Graizen

Smash Champion
What if:

Every single character in Smash Bros Ultimate had a Female/Male alt.

D

Deleted member

All this Anime talk has made me want to ask this Question, Do y'all have any Anime Suggestions?

I've watched a good chunk of Anime (Ex: All of DB, DBZ & DBS, One Piece, OG Naruto, AoT, OPM, Jojo, Etc.) so I'm not sure what else I should watch.

D

Deleted member

Just started my MP Randomizer run!

And my first item is...Space Jump. I mean, not exactly an exciting first item, but it will open some things up. My second item was Boost Ball, but I don't have Morph Ball yet so I can't use it. :(

Pakky

Smash Hero
Ike honestly just bullies the **** out of superheavies in this game

Their one advantage of killing super early doesn't affect him as much because guess what, he's also decently heavy. Couple that with his large hitboxes and their large hurtboxes, and one of his weaknesses (poor speed) not really mattering because superheavies have ****e frame data means that it's a hard matchup for sure. K.Rool and Incineroar to an extent can try freebie him below the stage but good luck actually doing it with your slow counter speed/run speed lmao
Funny enough I I've pulled it off with :ultkrool: cuz of the crown tactics.

But :ultincineroar: has nothing plus no run so... salt occurs.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That could explain why we’ve been waiting so long. P5C needs to be announced before they can show us female Joker (Which I will now call Harley Quinn)
The ultimate conspiracy: We haven't seen any Joker gameplay because ATLUS needs to officially show female Joker next month before Nintendo can show her in Smash.

It's crazy, but I like it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All this Anime talk has made me want to ask this Question, Do y'all have any Anime Suggestions?

I've watched a good chunk of Anime (Ex: All of DB, DBZ & DBS, One Piece, OG Naruto, AoT, OPM, Jojo, Etc.) so I'm not sure what else I should watch.
My Hero Academia and Yu Yu Hakusho.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I hear the Promised Neverland is good.

And once Dr. Stone hits in July, you bet I'll be there to talk it up to death (seriously, that manga is great) :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom