• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Not true!!
Wasn't expecting a reply to a post that old, but alright:

I mean, the only people who are asking for it are Mother fans. The same people who bought EB and EB Beginnings. You would get that same crowd (myself included, by the way) to buy Mother 3, but outside of that? Nah. Mother is a niche game; like, really niche. There's a very good chance that to Nintendo, it just isn't financially viable to spend time and money translating a game that would need a lot of tweaking to fit on other shores.

TBH, Mother 3 not ever getting an official release at this point is fine. Tomato's translation is superb, and Nintendo doesn't care that it exists, and most likely are never going to interfere with it. While an official localization would be neat, it really isn't needed IMHO.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
We talking voice acting? There's only one or two voices I can do decently, and even then it's not like I have any training or anything.
Not counting characters I voice myself (Because I'm their canon voice actor, and I can't really do an impression of a character I voice.) I can only do Impressions of a few characters. Jigglypuff, Luigi, Rockstar Foxy, Toad, Jevil, Mettaton, Foxy, Chef Kawasaki, Wakko Warner, and Mr. Popo. I know nothing about Mr. Popo, though.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
JUMP NEWS?

Does the DLC help expand the base roster?

View attachment 193888

Oof, I don’t really think it’s better in my opinion. They are all from pre - existing series, when a lot of people in the community were disappointed that there weren’t a lot of series to represent Jump’s 50th anniversary (there are only like 11). Especially with Naruto, OP, and DB having so much.

Despite this though, I know people are going to be fine with Madara. A lot were disappointed when Kaguya was first revealed, and many wanted Madara. Same could be said for Kaiba and Grimmjow, as they were characters people wanted apparently, and Law is prettty awesome. But Buu... ehhh, he’s on the fence. For me, I would’ve rather see Gohan to go hand in hand with Cell and he’s a fan favorite, I’m not sure about Buu though.

Then we have Bakugo and All Might. Bakugo was expected, myself included, but we’re also getting All Might? It kinda sucks seeing MHA getting 3 characters and BC getting shafted seeing how they were treated similarly as new generation series, and despite me liking All Might, if we were to get a 3rd character, they should’ve gone with Todoroki, his Flame and Ice would’ve worked perfectly.

I don’t know about Biscuit and the other Bleach Guy, but they are another HXH and a 2nd Bleach character, which again, would’ve preferred if they were replaced with characters from new series or other series that didn’t have as many characters.

But those are my thoughts. I would’ve rather have 3 characters from pre-existing series that didn’t really have many characters. Like have Kaiba, Bakugo, and Yuno for Black Clover. And the other 6 be characters from new series. There are many big series not in this game like Gintoki, Tsuna, Toriko, and countless more that would work well in Jump Force that have a lot of fans that would buy those characters. You can like the ones we got, I’m happy we got Madara after all, but for me, I would’ve rathered used DLC as a way to expand to other series Jump has to offer for this game rather than focus on the ones already in the game.
Inuyasha as a special guest or bust.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They can only do so much with the source material. Mr Satan in the original show spends the entirely of the Cell Games on the sidelines, and it's more effort than it's worth to change that.

There's also the fact that Mr Satan in the Cell Games isn't the best character in general (I'm one of those people who don't like Mr Satan, I just don't really find the "guy who gets all the credit" joke funny).

The moments with Mr Satan likely feel forced because he had to be there, in order to set him up for Season 4, if they have anything special planned for him.
I know. To clarify, I'm not necessarily faulting them as writers so much as faulting the scenes in general. I use the parts I don't like about DBZA and YGTAS as constant reminders so I avoid doing the same in MSAGW. There are so many things that technically have to happen to move the plot forward in GW, but I do my best to limit the uninteresting parts to a bare minimum or even handwave them away for some new explanation or order of events. I like to keep Mr. Satan in mind as a reminder that, "Hey, if this scene is just okay and doesn't add anything but we can't cut it, why don't we find a new way to do it?" Luckily GW is much shorter so we can usually do that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm just realizing half my voices are variations of the same voice. Just with different accents or inflections.

I used to say I was the voice master what the Hell i'm a fraud???

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Casting call going on? Listen, if y'all need a Native Southerner who doesn't sound like a ****ing redneck hit me up.

D

Deleted member

Also wasn't Doug Bowser the same guy who worked for EA for 8 years? Isn't that worrying? Like what if Nintendo goes down the same path EA has and Nintendo games aren't fun anymore cause of Loot Boxes.. I have nothing against the guy but I do have my doubts, if I'm wrong I'll be more than happy to admit that I was but... It's EA.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I know. To clarify, I'm not necessarily faulting them as writers so much as faulting the scenes in general. I use the parts I don't like about DBZA and YGTAS as constant reminders so I avoid doing the same in MSAGW. There are so many things that technically have to happen to move the plot forward in GW, but I do my best to limit the uninteresting parts to a bare minimum or even handwave them away for some new explanation or order of events. I like to keep Mr. Satan in mind as a reminder that, "Hey, if this scene is just okay and doesn't add anything but we can't cut it, why don't we find a new way to do it?" Luckily GW is much shorter so we can usually do that.
Speaking of scenes being "just okay", I wonder how different a redone DBZA Season 1 would be.

When you watch the first episode, there are so many bits that are just not good (they kind of overused the "...Okaaaay..." 'joke', which just plain isn't funny, during the 1st Season).

To be honest, redoing Season 1 is the #1 thing I want to see from TFS right now.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I fancy myself a VA. Even if I’ve never actually done a project and have no clue what my voices sound like to anyone but me.

I can do a weird British version of Mark Hamil’s joker and can do Slade’s voice from Arrow (damn man voice)

MainJPW

M.T.A
Speaking of scenes being "just okay", I wonder how different a redone DBZA Season 1 would be.

When you watch the first episode, there are so many bits that are just not good (they kind of overused the "...Okaaaay..." 'joke', which just plain isn't funny, during the 1st Season).

To be honest, redoing Season 1 is the #1 thing I want to see from TFS right now.
Season 1 is a product of its time for sure.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Did they confirm they're doing it or is that just what literally everyone wants? Because I keep seeing people mention it but I don't really follow TFS outside of their DBZA episodes.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Did they confirm they're doing it or is that just what literally everyone wants? Because I keep seeing people mention it but I don't really follow TFS outside of their DBZA episodes.
I'm not sure, I think Scott may have hinted that they are interested in doing it during a stream, but I didn't see that for myself so I don't know.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also wasn't Doug Bowser the same guy who worked for EA for 8 years? Isn't that worrying? Like what if Nintendo goes down the same path EA has and Nintendo games aren't fun anymore cause of Loot Boxes.. I have nothing against the guy but I do have my doubts, if I'm wrong I'll be more than happy to admit that I was but... It's EA.
It's not worrying. NoA is just in charge of marketing, localizing and distributing Nintendo products in the United States. NoJ are the ones who actually make all of the meaningful decisions. Bowser will just tell us what Nintendo told him.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm not sure, I think Scott may have hinted that they are interested in doing it during a stream, but I didn't see that for myself so I don't know.
I just know they're investing in actual unique projects that are far easier to monetize, and their efforts will eventually go toward that instead of the series that keeps getting taken down at random times by Toei. I'm glad they're carrying through the Buu arc and I hope one day they redo season one, but from a business perspective I wonder if it's even worth it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I fancy myself a VA. Even if I’ve never actually done a project and have no clue what my voices sound like to anyone but me.

I can do a weird British version of Mark Hamil’s joker and can do Slade’s voice from Arrow (damn man voice)
I can also pretty actually impersonate Ghostfreak from Ben 10. Both versions. Even if Steve Blum’s voice kills my throat.

D

Deleted member

It's not worrying. NoA is just in charge of marketing, localizing and distributing Nintendo products in the United States. NoJ are the ones who actually make all of the meaningful decisions. Bowser will just tell us what Nintendo told him.
Alright Thanks. If that's the case I wonder what his personality is like I guess we'll find out at E3.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Alright, so remember that Waluigi ROM Hack I was talking about? Turns out the creator didn't make him compatible with the Metal Cap. D'oh.

HOWEVER, I was able to find a work around! ...By setting up a local, offline mode server of Super Mario 64 Online, lol. It's pretty much the exact same thing as Kaze's other Waluigi mod, but he has a double jump and (unfortunately) lacks Waluigi's voice and sounds like Mario instead. A bit of a bummer, but hey, at least I still get to play SM64 as Waluigi.

...TBH, though, the mod made for SM64 DS is probably the best way to do it, and I'll probably try that some time in the future.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I've always wanted to be a voice actor. But I just can't really inflect at all. My only voice acting job I've ever gotten was literally just my normal speaking voice.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Enjoy your Jump Force DLC weebs, it's better than the base roster lmao
There was a problem fetching the tweet
It's kinda disappointing that NONE of these characters are from new series.

And as far as their respective franchises, most of these were... kinda obvious choices.

I like the characters, just wish they had more variety.

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's one voice I really like doing when I play rpgs with my sister. I dunno how to describe it, it's just really doofy and silly and it's my favorite.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I just know they're investing in actual unique projects that are far easier to monetize, and their efforts will eventually go toward that instead of the series that keeps getting taken down at random times by Toei. I'm glad they're carrying through the Buu arc and I hope one day they redo season one, but from a business perspective I wonder if it's even worth it.
Hmm...

From a business standpoint? It can build up extra good will with the fans.

It can also work as a sort of company morale booster, like "this is how we do things now, just go back and look at the original and compare".

Sort of like an artist redrawing an old picture to see how much they've grown.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I've always wanted to be a voice actor. But I just can't really inflect at all. My only voice acting job I've ever gotten was literally just my normal speaking voice.
My only roles I've had so far in my own show are basically my normal speaking voice with a bit of a whine and an old southern general. You don't necessarily need to be able to inflect; you need to be able to act.

Too many people get hung up on doing various impressions but honestly, as I'm learning to direct and cast and act myself, I've found that finding good actors is far more important than finding funny voices. Some people have the talent and work ethic to be able to act into a microphone based on their imagination. Other people don't.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Hmm...

It can also work as a sort of company morale booster, like "this is how we do things now, just go back and look at the original and compare".

I'd rather see where they go next, and then redo what's already there. That way they can do some foreshadowing jokes that'll be relevant.
But the thing is, a lot of those jokes that aren't really funny are still being used as reference points today, so they can't really take them out.
The "dodge" thing is kind of stale at this point, but they have never stopped referencing it.

Also really hoping that they find a new VA for nail now that ben is gone. Really don't want those scenes to go away

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hmm...

Oh yes, absolutely. But this is assuming they have the time/energy to match that good will. These abridged episodes are ****ing hard, man. I've learned first hand. You wouldn't think they take as much effort as they do.

If I were in their position, I'd hold off on a season one remake until the Buu saga has been over for awhile and hold onto that S1 for a "just in case of loss of viewership, break glass".

D

Deleted member

I'm not gonna hold working at EA against Mr. Bowser and I'm sure he'll do decently but for the time being Reggie will always be my favorite NoA President. Reggie had such a fun and cool Personality and embodied what Nintendo meant, I hope Reggie has a great retirement. We'll all miss him.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah yesterday was one of the funnest days I've had in a decade since I live in northern VA and both me and my sister's classes were cancelled because of the snow storm so we just hunkered down and played Hyper Light Drifter co-op for like 9 hours, it was a blast

I love that game so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom