• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So...i s Biscuit the one from HunterxHunter?

None of those. They’re adding Floyd Pinkweather.

Buu is one of my favorite characters in DB and it makes me sad that they wrote him out of two tournaments because they didn't want to write around his powers.

No one can convince me that having Tien added more to the ToP than having Buu would have.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is true.
I actually was going to apply for him, but that Jinx guy seemed like the only one I could do a good impression of. Hope I get cast as him. There was one other guy I may go back and audition as. I had a decent impression of him... Now the challenge is to find that link again.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Buu is one of my favorite characters in DB and it makes me sad that they wrote him out of two tournaments because they didn't want to write around his powers.

No one can convince me that having Tien added more to the ToP than having Buu would have.
I mean, it's not the first time the fighter with interesting powers gets underutilized in DB.

Buu is Super's Chiaotzu.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
staindgrey staindgrey Imagine what Scott is going through for DBZA Season 4.

Someone has to play Buu..
I really want to see what they come up with for Buu. I don't know how they'll make him funny in a unique way.

I hope he's not like Hercule, where they basically just have him be the same but with new words. The Jonny Firecracker/Mr. Satan parts were easily my least favorite bit in the Cell arc and it just kept coming back.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Btw why would everyone want to play Buu when HERCULE SATAN is in that same show?!!! :yoshi:
Because everyone can make their voice sound like it's sucked in helium and scream really loud. Hercule's voice is MUCH harder.

I think I might actually end up being Trunks if things stay the way they are. Which'll be funny considering the main writer/editor for DBZA also voices Trunks.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I really want to see what they come up with for Buu. I don't know how they'll make him funny in a unique way.

I hope he's not like Hercule, where they basically just have him be the same but with new words. The Jonny Firecracker/Mr. Satan parts were easily my least favorite bit in the Cell arc and it just kept coming back.
I'm guessing it's got something to do with their growth as writers. It seems like they're less willing to experiment with characters who stick around now than the ones who don't.

Like, Abridged #18 is pretty much the same as regular #18, while Cell and #16 are pretty different.

It's sort of like future proofing, they have to have Mr Satan and #18 go through the same arc(s) and that kind of limits their options for experimentation.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Because everyone can make their voice sound like it's sucked in helium and scream really loud. Hercule's voice is MUCH harder.

I think I might actually end up being Trunks if things stay the way they are. Which'll be funny considering the main writer/editor for DBZA also voices Trunks.
Oh damn, I could've given Trunks a shot if I could utilize auditions properly...

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I tried Buu, I really tried. Just can't seem to get a good impression.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Kaiba will look better than Atem probably.
Btw why would everyone want to play Buu when HERCULE SATAN is in that same show?!!! :yoshi:
Because Satan can’t turn people into candy.

I mean, it's not the first time the fighter with interesting powers gets underutilized in DB.

Buu is Super's Chiaotzu.
Speaking of Chaozu episode 131 of Dragon Ball reveals that he has precognition powers and can predict when an island is going to be destroyed which helps them save it the next episode.

Telekinetic, psychic, can see the future.

Toriyama: “Nah, just leave him at home.”

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm guessing it's got something to do with their growth as writers. It seems like they're less willing to experiment with characters who stick around now than the ones who don't.

Like, Abridged #18 is pretty much the same as regular #18, while Cell and #16 are pretty different.

It's sort of like future proofing, they have to have Mr Satan and #18 go through the same arc(s) and that kind of limits their options for experimentation.
I get that. That makes sense.

But even then, I liked 18's moments. Even if they're samey, they were written in a new and funny way that I enjoyed. I think what turned me off from Mr. Satan was not only his similarity to the original but the fact that his portions felt forced into the episode. 18 was talking with the major villains and the Z-gang. Hercule was talking with a sidelines reporter literally far away from the action. All his portions and his jokes felt forced. Maybe I'll feel differently when he gets directly involved in the plot with Buu.

Noipoi

Howdy!
We talking voice acting? There's only one or two voices I can do decently, and even then it's not like I have any training or anything.

D

Deleted member

I can’t really do many voices, but I can make really, really weird guttural noises with my mouth. It’s a skill I’ve been practicing since I was 10.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
There was a problem fetching the tweet
JUMP NEWS?

Does the DLC help expand the base roster?

3168B3AF-61D9-4CE5-AA0D-AE7AEBE7B014.jpeg

Oof, I don’t really think it’s better in my opinion. They are all from pre - existing series, when a lot of people in the community were disappointed that there weren’t a lot of series to represent Jump’s 50th anniversary (there are only like 11). Especially with Naruto, OP, and DB having so much.

Despite this though, I know people are going to be fine with Madara. A lot were disappointed when Kaguya was first revealed, and many wanted Madara. Same could be said for Kaiba and Grimmjow, as they were characters people wanted apparently, and Law is prettty awesome. But Buu... ehhh, he’s on the fence. For me, I would’ve rather see Gohan to go hand in hand with Cell and he’s a fan favorite, I’m not sure about Buu though.

Then we have Bakugo and All Might. Bakugo was expected, myself included, but we’re also getting All Might? It kinda sucks seeing MHA getting 3 characters and BC getting shafted seeing how they were treated similarly as new generation series, and despite me liking All Might, if we were to get a 3rd character, they should’ve gone with Todoroki, his Flame and Ice would’ve worked perfectly.

I don’t know about Biscuit and the other Bleach Guy, but they are another HXH and a 2nd Bleach character, which again, would’ve preferred if they were replaced with characters from new series or other series that didn’t have as many characters.

But those are my thoughts. I would’ve rather have 3 characters from pre-existing series that didn’t really have many characters. Like have Kaiba, Bakugo, and Yuno for Black Clover. And the other 6 be characters from new series. There are many big series not in this game like Gintoki, Tsuna, Toriko, and countless more that would work well in Jump Force that have a lot of fans that would buy those characters. You can like the ones we got, I’m happy we got Madara after all, but for me, I would’ve rathered used DLC as a way to expand to other series Jump has to offer for this game rather than focus on the ones already in the game.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
I get that. That makes sense.

But even then, I liked 18's moments. Even if they're samey, they were written in a new and funny way that I enjoyed. I think what turned me off from Mr. Satan was not only his similarity to the original but the fact that his portions felt forced into the episode. 18 was talking with the major villains and the Z-gang. Hercule was talking with a sidelines reporter literally far away from the action. All his portions and his jokes felt forced. Maybe I'll feel differently when he gets directly involved in the plot with Buu.
They can only do so much with the source material. Mr Satan in the original show spends the entirely of the Cell Games on the sidelines, and it's more effort than it's worth to change that.

There's also the fact that Mr Satan in the Cell Games isn't the best character in general (I'm one of those people who don't like Mr Satan, I just don't really find the "guy who gets all the credit" joke funny).

The moments with Mr Satan likely feel forced because he had to be there, in order to set him up for Season 4, if they have anything special planned for him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

bbaab37c-df43-49a3-b3f7-9f41167eb8a1.png

Then we have Bakugo and All Might. Bakugo was expected, myself included, but we’re also getting All Might? It kinda sucks seeing MHA getting 3 characters and BC getting shafted seeing how they were treated similarly as new generation series, and despite me liking All Might, if we were to get a 3rd character, they should’ve gone with Todoroki, his Flame and Ice would’ve worked perfectly.
Todoroki is below both Uraraka and Iida in terms of importance though. All Might is the perfect 3rd rep for MHA imo and he was also the 3rd character to be revealed for One's Justice

NineS

Smash Lord
They can only do so much with the source material. Mr Satan in the original show spends the entirely of the Cell Games on the sidelines, and it's more effort than it's worth to change that.

There's also the fact that Mr Satan in the Cell Games isn't the best character in general (I'm one of those people who don't like Mr Satan in general, I just don't really find the "guy who gets all the credit" joke funny).

The moments with Mr Satan likely feel forced because he had to be there, in order to set him up for Season 4, if they have anything special planned for him.
took me a while to realize you were saying mr. satan instead of mr. saturn.

mr. saturn in DBZ would be cool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom