• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can't believe the first thing the new NoA president is going to do is cancel all upcoming Mario games.
Anyway Nintendo's not gonna feel the same without Reggie, he's been the face of NoA for so long and it's gonna take a bit to adapt to him not showing up anymore.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Camelotboards: where everyone has Waluigi and Isaac avatars.
I misread that as Cameltoeboards and I was about to ask some serious questions.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Or better yet, have the April Fools prank this year be Reggieboards, where all of our avatars are replaced with Reggie ones, and they post tier lists ranking his best moments.
I would hardly call making the site into the literal best thing ever a "prank." But I support this anyway.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hoo boy I just found out that the people defending vic mignogna are starting a conspiracy of Christopher Sabat saying a homophobic slur. You can tell it's fake because you'd think a 2015 tweet from one of the biggest anime voices in the industry would be a big enough deal to exist before yesterday
Plus do they know Chris Sabat? He's like the chillest guy in VAing.

I'd actually have possibly believed it if they said Sean Schemmel. I like the guy but he seems like the type who'd go off and say something he absolutely shouldn't.

D

Deleted member

"President of Microsoft Games says he'll last many years in position due to lack of iconic villains to give as a surname to his successor"
FORGIVE ME, I COULDNT RESIST, IM PLAYING IT ATM
Mash is extremely good
Screenshot_20190220-231118.png

i literally got to this part yestersay lol

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Get ready Nintendrones! Micro-transactions and Glorious DLC as far as the eye can see?
Smashfront II - Enjoy playing all of your favorite characters, who can be obtained randomly alongside Spirits, stages, and Mii costumes from loot boxes mystery crates. $3.99 USD for one. (Minimum of $200 required to unlock all characters.)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"President of Microsoft Games says he'll last many years in position due to lack of iconic villains to give as a surname to his successor"
I dunno, John Prophet Truth rolls right off the tongue along with Selena Raam

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Aw, dang it...I wasn't expecting to hear this today. I'm sure none of us were.

I'm really gonna miss the guy, but his decision to retire is a respectable one. He's had it really good. He helped the company a great deal throughout these many years, and has personally brought a lot of joy and laughter to Nintendo fans like ourselves.

May your body be ready for whatever awaits you next in life, Reggie Fils-Aimé.

Pakky

Smash Hero
So the new President of Nintendo America's last name is Bowser?

Like right off the heels of the Bowsette thing?

What timeline is this?

What happened to Reggie?

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

What timeline is this?

What happened to Reggie?
This is the dankest timeline.

Mario Ballet is the next big release.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Retiring? Promotions? I don't care what happens as long as Koizumi ends up as the emperor of Nintendo

D

Deleted member

Y'know, this is a site dedicated to Smash Bros. And what way to remember Reggie than to bring up the one moment where it truly defined how "Modern Nintendo" was, then with the fight with him and Iwata.

Smash For will be not fondly remembered. But dammit, this was one of the greatest things they've ever done for Mii reveal.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Smashfront II - Enjoy playing all of your favorite characters, who can be obtained randomly alongside Spirits, stages, and Mii costumes from loot boxes mystery crates. $3.99 USD for one. (Minimum of $200 required to unlock all characters.)
Minumum $200 for the theoretical CHANCE of getting all of them. If you just bought all the boxes you will probably just get a hundred Marios. You want King K. Rool you gotta keep pumping in cash

D

Deleted member

On April 1st for Camelotboards, you will have a choice of 1 of three Avatars: Waluigi and Isaac, Saber or Disney's Merlin.
I refuse to accept any Merlin's that aren't Fate's "Got stuck on Avalon for being horny and spends eternity there by running a blog named MAGI*MARI" Merlin

KMDP

Smash Legend

What timeline is this?

What happened to Reggie?
Reggis is just retiring, nothing more.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also whilst we're joking and doing memes about him, let's not forget Reggie's response to being asked about crunch culture

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Reggie retiring? I am sure the workers at Nintendo will miss him and not seeing his memetastic figure around will be odd, but it is not a big deal all things considered.

The new head(?) being a former EA employee does somewhat concern me but it is not like Nintendo currently are not doing micro-transactions, and being NoA president will not effect game development too much any way. I am hoping this could increase the voice of Western demand.

Noipoi

Howdy!
As Nintendo's new president, my first act will be canceling all Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Wario games.

New Super Bowser U will launch this summer.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Also whilst we're joking and doing memes about him, let's not forget Reggie's response to being asked about crunch culture

"In lieu of the 800th "his body is no longer ready" joke you'll hear today about Reggie Fils-Aime retiring, let us instead celebrate that time waypoint asked a bunch of industry leads about crunch, and his was the strongest, most confident answer in the bunch. #ThankYouReggie "

"The crunch bunch"?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
As Nintendo's new president, my first act will be canceling all Mario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong and Wario games.

New Super Bowser U will launch this summer.
New Super Bowser for Nintendo Switch

With a Bowsette New Mode!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
And now, a warm welcoming song for Nintendo of America's next president:

We ain't running out of jokes and memes for this situation anymore time soon.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158

I somehow did not realize that Reggie identifies as black (apparently his parents were from Haiti). I always just thought he was a tan white dude. I feel dumb lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom