• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Think of it this way. Until April this year, Doug Bowser (I STILL CAN'T ****ING BELIEVE WE'RE LIVING IN A BOWSER-LED ERA SOON) had been the head of sales and marketing for Nintendo of America.

He essentially has been a HUGE key part as to why the Switch has been so successful and at this point like, what, 33-35 million units? At least successful here in America. From what Reggie has said and all the backlog on Bowser, I don't think there'll be too much to worry about.

Though, as shown with Iwata, I do think that there's gonna be less Nintendo Directs until they find that good medium. E3 this year is definitely going to be test to see if Directs will still have that same "OOMPH" with Reggie out of the spotlight by then. They could definitely capitalize on the whole Bowser name.

That being said, again, I do feel sad and I welcome Bowser with open arms. Gonna miss Reggie.
Why would Reggie leaving affect Directs? Doug already shows up in them from time to time and Reggie only appears in the E3 ones, I don't think things will change all that drastically.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
We oughta have a Reggie emoji-thing to remember him if we get an actual trash can (:salt:) as one.
Or better yet, have the April Fools prank this year be Reggieboards, where all of our avatars are replaced with Reggie ones, and they post tier lists ranking his best moments.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Or better yet, have the April fools prank this year be Reggieboards, where all of our avatars are replaced with Reggie ones, and post tier lists ranking his best moments.
You just reminded me that we can't do Ridleyboards as a April Fools joke anymore.

That makes me a little sad and nostalgic.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I kinda hope Nintendo doesn't turn into a more soulless big company

Like they'll always release top-notch games, I'm sure about that, but the Directs lost a fair bit of personality after Iwata passed. And now the same thing might happen with E3 presentations, Nintendo at VGA, etc etc... I mean, Reggie was there for most of the Nintendo era of my life. It's sad to see him go.

Also Iwata died in 2015. Feels like yesterday...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hoo boy I just found out that the people defending vic mignogna are starting a conspiracy of Christopher Sabat saying a homophobic slur. You can tell it's fake because you'd think a 2015 tweet from one of the biggest anime voices in the industry would be a big enough deal to exist before yesterday

D

Deleted member

I kinda hope Nintendo doesn't turn into a more soulless big company

Like they'll always release top-notch games, I'm sure about that, but the Directs lost a fair bit of personality after Iwata passed. And now the same thing might happen with E3 presentations, Nintendo at VGA, etc etc... I mean, Reggie was there for most of the Nintendo era of my life. It's sad to see him go.

Also Iwata died in 2015. Feels like yesterday...
I do have hope for Doug Bowser. I am interested to see how well he does.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Okay so there have been a thousand and one Bowser jokes since the news broke and there will be a billion more in the coming days, but Reggie only retires once, so:
lol his name is Bowser

Sorry just had to get it out there.

PS. Gonna miss you Reggie. Always remember that Purple Pikmin are the best Pikmin.

D

Deleted member

I'm just glad their new president embraces the memes just as much as the last one.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Wait, i’ve got it!

>Reggie is retiring after almost 15 years with Nintendo
>said he was going to be the best Ridley, being a Brave Smash fan
>Brave is found in the coding for a Smash character
>retiring could be considered “Brave”

Bruh, Reggie is the next Smash character.

#ReggieorRiot

D

Deleted member

For history, Doug Bowser has worked at Nintendo as the executive of sales for the past 3 years, and for about 6 years I believe prior he worked as a salesman for EA.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that we lived in a timeline where Reggie was president and was in part of one of the most revolutionizing moments in gaming history: Snake in Smash. I feel that the MGS3 ending theme feels appropriate.

Reggie was a true patriot, through thick and thin. Y'all better salute.

D

Deleted member

Whats Doug's opinion on Mother 3?
"We should rename Mother 3 to Mother 3000, because it'll take 3000 years for this game to get ****ing localised. Y'all should give up" -totally real quote from Doug Bowser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom