• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Doug’s been at the company for a few years now iirc. End of an era to be sure. I hope Reggie finds succes in any of his future endeavors, but it’s gonna feel so weird without him anymore.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

Holy ****.
End of an era.
Woah, really!? Man, that's a hard pill to swallow. I grew up with that man as the president, and now he'll be gone. I'm gonna miss all the fantastic memes from that guy.

On a side note, looks like Bowser is moving up in the world.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Doug can try all he wants, but I don't think anyone will ever be able to top the Regginator...

He wasn't just a company president, he was a character...

A character that gave us some memorable moments that couldn't be replicated by anyone else.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is the end. Nintendo will lose more and more meme potential. Soon we will actually like the company for the products it is selling. Such a sad day.

(Seriously tho, grats Reggie my man)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Bowser is my favorite videogame villain alongside Porky Minch and K. Rool, I hope he makes some Bowser jokes.

oooh, Bowser can be a meme now.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Good for him. He's living the A+ life.

Meanwhile Mr. Miyamoto has no idea when to quit or what "getting old" means.
I'm torn between wanting Miyamoto to stay and wanting him to completely separate himself from Nintendo's work.

On one hand, the guy's a legend. On the other, we got Star Fox Zero as the long awaited "revival" of the Star Fox franchise because of him.

D

Deleted member

Reggie is worth $40 million, and he’s only 57. I’m glad he’s going to spend the rest of his life happy with his family, doing what he wants to do. If you think about it, isn’t that the most Reggie thing of all?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I'm torn between wanting Miyamoto to stay and wanting him to completely separate himself from Nintendo's work.

On one hand, the guy's a legend. On the other, we got Star Fox Zero as the long awaited "revival" of the Star Fox franchise because of him.
We've gotten a LOT because of him, even in things he isn't directly involved in. Remember that Metroid Prime as we know it only really happened because of the meeting Miyamoto had with Retro in the very early stages of development.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Good for him. He's living the A+ life.

Meanwhile Mr. Miyamoto has no idea when to quit or what "getting old" means.
Sakurai and Miyamoto ask everyday "Whats aging? Is that the thing you do backwards?"
He already embraces the Bowser thing, actually. :p His twitter bio references it, and he makes posts like this.

ive got a feeling nintendo is in good hands with him

D

Deleted member

They also literally had to go behind his back to put the amazing Rosalina backstory in Galaxy 2

D

Deleted member

Holy flip flaps, Reggie's retiring?

'Tis the end of an era. So long, Regginator, you shall be missed. Hope whatever he pursues next goes well for him.

As for the future, we're in good hands:

D

Deleted member

Reggie was such a great person, I will miss him...

For Presdient Bowser, I wonder if one little reason Nintendo hired him was because of the last name... Let's see what President Bowser does for us!

Cristaran

Smash Journeyman
Oh. I... I wasnt expecting this. I hope Reggie does fine nontheless. He will forever be Reggiegigas in my heart.

D

Deleted member

Well, the new president seems to act fast. Here is a photo of his new policies.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They also literally had to go behind his back to put the amazing Rosalina backstory in Galaxy 2
I believe he was the primary reason the NSMB games didn't have online co-op, because he wanted to emphasize (read: demand) playing together in the living room for a full experience.

Wasn't he also very against using live orchestration in Nintendo games until they made him for Mario Galaxy?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey guys, I'd like to know where-
Screenshot (319).png

memed-io-output (1).jpeg
T o a s t e r B r a i n s D e t e c t e d

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well, the new president seems to act fast. Here is a photo of his new policies.
Guys, he's hiding the new game in plain sight.

Luigi's Mansion? Mario's been kidnapped.
Luigi's Mansion 3? Mario and Luigi have been kidnapped.

You know what that means.

DAISY'S GETTING HER OWN GAME. It's so obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom