• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well it involves when I fell out my bedroom window as a baby and pretty sure no one here cares. Not sure its the type of question to ask here
I'unno that sounds like a pretty awesome story.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I have only heard negativity surrounding Marth, which is why I'm so baffled. This is genuinely the first time I've heard Marth is even remotely good in Ultimate
I think it's been generally accepted that his tipper is no longer the strength it once was so he's the worst Marth clone.

But the Marth clone moveset is still damn good and his movement is good in a game relying heavily on it so he's still better than a lot of the cast. It's just a question of, "Why would you pick Marth when Lucina exists?"

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Little late responding to this... but better late than never.

:ultwolf:- Holy ****. A character I play is actually in S-tier. Finally!

:ultpalutena:- I’m so happy I picked her up during the end of Smash 4’s cycle. It’s paying off big time.

:ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultbowser::ultridley:- Good to see all of these guys placing pretty high, especially :ultbowser::ultridley:.

:ultcorrinf::ultdarksamus::ultzelda::ultbowserjr:- Still a bit disappointing to see these guys this low. However,:ultbowserjr: is substantially higher than previous assumptions, so that’s good.

:ultrosalina::ultpiranha:- Oh boy...
:ultrosalina: just went from the top in Smash 4 to the bottom of Ultimate. That’s pretty rough. I still do well with her overall.
I’m not surprised that :ultpiranha: is so low. The more I played it, the more I saw the major flaws with the character. I still do well with the character, but I’m not surprised it’s considered one of the worst characters in the game.
There's absolutely no way :ultrosalina: is bottom tier. Anyone who says that is probably looking at the nerfs she got and assuming she's bad because no one plays with her competitively.

Makes me mad how the most unique character and arguably toughest character to main in the game is thrown under the bus without so much of a glance. She retains a lot of her strengths from Smash 4, and I eagerly await a pro player to remind everyone of that.

Also,:ultkrool: now being considered a lower tier character is something I find hilarious. This is Smash 4 Roy all over again.

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
also dunno if this got posted, but an average of all recent pro tier lists

kinda hurts to see my boy done so dirty but i guess that's the price of losing a back air
:ultincineroar: Fair I guess

:ultkrool:
1550696280420.png

:ultwolf:And people say I don't know what I'm talking about. :ultfox::ultfalco:#Bums

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's literally no reason to pick Lucina over Marth assuming optimal play

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

You can guess which one is me.
When most people say they wanna bang Jill, I don't think this is what they had in mind. But I guess that's what Nemesis do.

I think it's been generally accepted that his tipper is no longer the strength it once was so he's the worst Marth clone.

But the Marth clone moveset is still damn good and his movement is good in a game relying heavily on it so he's still better than a lot of the cast. It's just a question of, "Why would you pick Marth when Lucina exists?"
For those who play Tekken, this is why some tier list place Heihachi in B-Tier. He's actually really good, but when you have Kazuya and Devil Jin with similar movesets, why play the weakest Mishima?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
When are they gonna put Daisy's goddamn picture on one of these tier lists.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's absolutely no way :ultrosalina: is bottom tier. Anyone who says that is probably looking at the nerfs she got and assuming she's bad because no one plays with her competitively.

Makes me mad how the most unique character and arguably toughest character to main in the game is thrown under the bus without so much of a glance. She retains a lot of her strengths from Smash 4, and I eagerly await a pro player to remind everyone of that.

Also,:ultkrool: now being considered a lower tier character is something I find hilarious. This is Smash 4 Roy all over again.
I mean, K.Rool was WAAAAAY overhyped when we saw his actual gameplay with people screaming about his supposed godlike mobility, claiming "I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HEAVY MOVE SO FAST!" so this was completely expected, especially as he's basically a fan made moveset, focused more on "Haha remember this?" than a consistent moveset for a general playstyle. Sakurai even said he specifically decided to give K.Rool things heavies usually don't have

Pakky

Smash Hero
I mean, K.Rool was WAAAAAY overhyped when we saw his actual gameplay with people screaming about his supposed godlike mobility, claiming "I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HEAVY MOVE SO FAST!" so this was completely expected, especially as he's basically a fan made moveset, focused more on "Haha remember this?" than a consistent moveset for a general playstyle. Sakurai even said he specifically decided to give K.Rool things heavies usually don't have
Wait what?

Isn't that everyone in the entire game just about? Everyone uses items and moves related to them in some capacity, so I 'm not sure what you mean.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For :ultrosalina:, we just have to wait. Rosa is not bad in my opinion.
From the start I knew :ultkrool: was overhyped. The reason why people thought he was good was because they kept on falling for the combos. Then people learned the matchup, and King K. Rool is now either lower mid tier or low tier.

Noipoi

Howdy!

kinda hurts to see my boy done so dirty but i guess that's the price of losing a back air
:ultincineroar: *Cries in Alola
:ultinkling:
ROLLER RULES
:ultisabelle: She's a good girl hush your mouth.
:ultpokemontrainer: Noice.
:ultkrool: That's a load of Krap.
:ultpiranha:This is a sin against Plant Gang.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait what?

Isn't that everyone in the entire game just about? Everyone uses items and moves related to them in some capacity, so I 'm not sure what you mean.
Fan made movesets care more about references than being coherent, I'm guilty of doing this too with every fanmade moveset I made outside of my recent Dante one where I had to limit myself and think "What compliments what I already gave him?"

D

Deleted member

>sees piranha plant
9C8EFDD4-E8FB-4D37-8C91-DFA17F140987.jpeg

Want me to make a tier list based off my playstyle?

D

Deleted member

Man I’m just glad Ridley isn’t as bad as people were making him out to be initially.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
When most people say they wanna bang Jill, I don't think this is what they had in mind. But I guess that's what Nemesis do.
I honestly think RE3 had the most gruesome death scenes in the series. Jill could get a parasite shoved down her throat, get thrown around like a ragdoll until the screen fades black, get vored by an overgrown frog, eaten alive by a crowd of zombies...

They really pushed the envelope with that game at the time.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Fan made movesets care more about references than being coherent, I'm guilty of doing this too with every fanmade moveset I made outside of my recent Dante one where I had to limit myself and think "What compliments what I already gave him?"
Okay this going to go down a odd path but how is his move set not coherent?

Matter of fact I don't even know what else King K Rool would use.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's my attempt to lighten the mood and ease you into talking about it, since you seemed to want to.
but this doesnt seem like he right place for it. especially not for the question I want to ask. If anything, id hold the question for someplace out of this thread.

How far was the fall?
apparently over 15f, acording to my sister
You're clearly alive, but were you terribly hurt?
idk if I was, they say I wasnt but thats where the question i want to ask comes in.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even a lot of the pro players overhyped K. Rool though. They called him "ridiculously broken" and put him all the way at the tippy-top of their tier lists. Now it just feels like everyone is quietly backing away.

I mean, I don't disagree that he was overhyped, but it's not like opinions changed instantly once the game came out. I think people got excited when they saw how strong he was and forgot how much of a beachball he can be. Plus, his specials aren't too terribly effective in a fast-paced match.

Man I’m just glad Ridley isn’t as bad as people were making him out to be initially.
I knew from the beginning people were selling Ridley short. His recovery sucks, but he has pretty good range for a heavy. Playing him defensively is the way to win.

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
I think K Rool should be higher than what he is but i see why people think bad of him now. Honestly this game needs a lot more tourneys and a lot more labbing before we can even come close to a consistent tier list. Duck Hunt and Bowser were considered the best when 3DS came out and look how that turned out. This game just has way too many characters and match ups to be able to accurately decide who's good and who's bad yet. Sure we can all say Peach is the best in the game because everyone else is right now, but didn't we just say that about inkling? And Pikachu? In fact, isn't Pikachu being BELOW Pichu a somewhat prominent belief? Like honestly, this tier list thing seems kind of pointless at the moment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom