• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Canon wise I consider :ultkirby::ultrosalina:and:ultshulk:to be the three most powerful characters in Smash.
As long as we all agree that the weakest would have to be Olimar.
I'd also argue any character with time powers is auto top-tier. So :ultmegaman:(Flash Stopper/Time Slow/Speed Gear) :ultsonic:(Emeraaaaldz) :ultbayonetta:(Witch Time) :ultsamus:(Time Aeon) and:ultsimon:/:ultrichter:(Stopwatch) should be fairly high on the list.

Not that it matters much, but you get what I'm getting at?

Last edited:

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Why does everyone keep considering Shulk up there? When he got that power he ALMOST IMMEDIATELY THREW IT IN THE TRASH OF THE HEAVENS
well like hypothetically, at the strongest he's been in his series, he solos every character in smash. idk rosalina's feats but kirby is definitely a close second assuming she isn't FTL+ or multi solar system level

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why does everyone keep considering Shulk up there? When he got that power he ALMOST IMMEDIATELY THREW IT IN THE TRASH OF THE HEAVENS
Because not many people played it. As far as I'm concerned it didn't break the 1 million mark, unlike 2 which has sold over 1 million (and is Monolith Soft's best selling game). Comparing the sales of both of these games just shows the effect that Smash has on the series represented in it.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
This'll liven things up:

Each third party already represented in Smash gets one more rep. Who are they.
Konami- Bomberman
Sega- Arle
Bandai Namco- KOS-MOS (you should’ve seen this one coming)
Capcom- Monster Hunter
Square Enix- Agnes (or any Bravely Default character)

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
SEGA: Eh do not feel too strongly. I think Tails is one of the few characters left that "deserve" it.

Konami: Ideally Bonberman. With what's left I am going Frogger. Arcade icon.

Capcom: Phoenix Wright all the way, but I suspect it will be Resident Evil next much to my chagrin.

Namco: Heihachi or Jin. I would prefer the former.

Square: Lara Croft would be cool. I do not really care for Square IPs all too much but Tomb Raider was fun.

D

Deleted member

Summit voting has just ended. Glutonny and ZD are IN and Prodigy and Marss are OUT. Whoever wins Nimbus will get the last invite.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Square: Lara Croft would be cool. I do not really care for Square IPs all too much but Tomb Raider was fun.
Y'know, I've actually been feeling an itch to play the OG Tomb Raider on my Sega Saturn. I bought it to complete my collection but haven't actually played an old Tomb Raider game since I played TR2 on my neighbor's Playstation while babysitting their kids. That was like... fifteen years ago.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This'll liven things up:

Each third party already represented in Smash gets one more rep. Who are they.
Sega: Tails
Capcom: Dante
Konami: Raiden (Revengeance)
Bandai Namco: KOS-MOS
Square Enix: Neku Sakuraba

Iridium

Smash Hero
Summit voting has just ended. Glutonny and ZD are IN and Prodigy and Marss are OUT. Whoever wins Nimbus will get the last invite.
Can I say I hate this? Not surprised, but I hate this. We almost had the Zackray/Prodigy team. I mean, there's less than 70 entrants at Nimbus, despite how stacked I thought it would be, so I'm not sure how that will.

I also wanted Marss, darn it. First time I've seen New England missing at Summit.

D

Deleted member

Can I say I hate this? Not surprised, but I hate this. We almost had the Zackray/Prodigy team. I mean, there's less than 70 entrants at Nimbus, despite how stacked I thought it would be, so I'm not sure how that will.

I also wanted Marss, darn it. First time I've seen New England missing at Summit.
Yeah I was really surprised to see New England fail like that. Apparently Gluto was so far ahead he was straight up telling people to vote for Marss too.

D

Deleted member

Heya, I’m here with the question that everyone on this board asks and I honestly feel obliged to ask so I can now how to improve myself and I’ll probably get hate for asking because it’ll seem like I’m trying to get attention or have people tell me, “Oh your cool!” but I’mma ask anyways: What do you guys think of me and how can I improve myself? (Honestly edition.)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Y'know, I've actually been feeling an itch to play the OG Tomb Raider on my Sega Saturn. I bought it to complete my collection but haven't actually played an old Tomb Raider game since I played TR2 on my neighbor's Playstation while babysitting their kids. That was like... fifteen years ago.
I imagine the first few are still fun, but likely outdated. I feel early 3D games until late PS1/Early PS2 have this issue the worst, from a gameplay and graphic stand point.

From an Aesthetic point of view, maybe the 360/PS3 era of everything being brown and gray. Granted Gears of War at least had it's exaggerated character designs to help them stick out. I think Marcus Fenix would stand out a lot from the "Bald Space Marine" people complained about in that era.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Wow, that looks amazing!
I've wanted to support them since I found out about the soundtrack remaster but I've been debating how. I can buy the soundtrack digitally, or on CD, or on vinyl. But I can already listen to it on Youtube, which is my preferred music streaming service. So I was debating between CD and vinyl, and I think I'm leaning vinyl.

It's just so cool looking and it has the Japanese version on the opposite side of the album art:

I just love this game and listen to this remastered OST all the time. Their version of "Nomad" is so calming and wonderful.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What if Brave is this handsome fella?

Red_Herring.png

(I know he's ineligible but there's a joke here)

Edit: Made the image actually work

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I imagine the first few are still fun, but likely outdated. I feel early 3D games until late PS1/Early PS2 have this issue the worst, from a gameplay and graphic stand point.

From an Aesthetic point of view, maybe the 360/PS3 era of everything being brown and gray. Granted Gears of War at least had it's exaggerated character designs to help them stick out. I think Marcus Fenix would stand out a lot from the "Bald Space Marine" people complained about in that era.
I will argue for Gears 'til I'm blue in the face. What that game did for the last two generations of consoles is remarkable in itself, but it also oozes a consistent personality that separates it from other dudebro by-the-numbers shooters. It gets a bad rep because it's Microsoft and because the wave of gray and brown hyperrealistic cover-based shooters that followed imitated it in many wrong ways, but Gears itself has always been outstanding at what it does. None of the third-person-cover-based shooters that followed it have been able to fully recreate or surpass the standard Gears has set.

But back to your point about aging well, I'm aware. I love playing vintage videogames and appreciate them for what they were as opposed to comparing them to what we have now. I kind of treat them like time capsules and love to experience what I would have experienced as a kid unchanged. (I've got a Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, Wii and SNES all hooked up to one TV. It's pretty great.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom