• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Since I'm now stuck thinking about how much I like Panzer Dragoon Saga, here's a PSA:

All of you need to go find a way to play it or Atolm will eat you.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
also dunno if this got posted, but an average of all recent pro tier lists

kinda hurts to see my boy done so dirty but i guess that's the price of losing a back air
Little late responding to this... but better late than never.

:ultwolf:- Holy ****. A character I play is actually in S-tier. Finally!

:ultpalutena:- I’m so happy I picked her up during the end of Smash 4’s cycle. It’s paying off big time.

:ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultbowser::ultridley:- Good to see all of these guys placing pretty high, especially :ultbowser::ultridley:.

:ultcorrinf::ultdarksamus::ultzelda::ultbowserjr:- Still a bit disappointing to see these guys this low. However,:ultbowserjr: is substantially higher than previous assumptions, so that’s good.

:ultrosalina::ultpiranha:- Oh boy...
:ultrosalina: just went from the top in Smash 4 to the bottom of Ultimate. That’s pretty rough. I still do well with her overall.
I’m not surprised that :ultpiranha: is so low. The more I played it, the more I saw the major flaws with the character. I still do well with the character, but I’m not surprised it’s considered one of the worst characters in the game.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I will argue for Gears 'til I'm blue in the face. What that game did for the last two generations of consoles is remarkable in itself, but it also oozes a consistent personality that separates it from other dudebro by-the-numbers shooters. It gets a bad rep because it's Microsoft and because the wave of gray and brown hyperrealistic cover-based shooters that followed imitated it in many wrong ways, but Gears itself has always been outstanding at what it does. None of the third-person-cover-based shooters that followed it have been able to fully recreate or surpass the standard Gears has set.

But back to your point about aging well, I'm aware. I love playing vintage videogames and appreciate them for what they were as opposed to comparing them to what we have now. I kind of treat them like time capsules and love to experience what I would have experienced as a kid unchanged. (I've got a Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS2, Wii and SNES all hooked up to one TV. It's pretty great.)
Yeah, I've got no problems with Gears of War. I think it has the best variation of that Gray/Brown because at least the characters look unique. And the characters do have some personality.

I do enjoy some older games as well, but I can understand if it's a turn-off to some people.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Little late responding to this... but better late than never.

:ultwolf:- Holy ****. A character I play is actually in S-tier. Finally!

:ultpalutena:- I’m so happy I picked her up during the end of Smash 4’s cycle. It’s paying off big time.

:ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultbowser::ultridley:- Good to see all of these guys placing pretty high, especially :ultbowser::ultridley:.

:ultcorrinf::ultdarksamus::ultzelda::ultbowserjr:- Still a bit disappointing to see these guys this low. However,:ultbowserjr: is substantially higher than previous assumptions, so that’s good.

:ultrosalina::ultpiranha:- Oh boy...
:ultrosalina: just went from the top in Smash 4 to the bottom of Ultimate. That’s pretty rough. I still do well with her overall.
I’m not surprised that :ultpiranha: is so low. The more I played it, the more I saw the major flaws with the character. I still do well with the character, but I’m not surprised it’s considered one of the worst characters in the game.
I mean, Piranha Plant is still more recent than most characters so it's still very possible that Plant needs more time before being able to be judged properly.

Also hey, Ridley's a mid tier like I predicted! And how the hell is Marth so high I thought he was garbage this time around

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Goku Dorado and Gohan Dorado Dos are still my favorites. But Vegeta de Azul, El Gohan Ultimo and El Goku de Plata are pretty great.

Guys King Zell made a post about Gen 8 on Resetera.

Guys i'm freaking out rn.
Will we finally get that dolphin Pokemon?

D

Deleted member

I mean, Piranha Plant is still more recent than most characters so it's still very possible that Plant needs more time before being able to be judged properly.

Also hey, Ridley's a mid tier like I predicted! And how the hell is Marth so high I thought he was garbage this time around
Marth isn’t garbage, it’s just that Lucina’s consistency plain makes her better in a game like Ultimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom