• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Why did Smash Bros decide it was too good for numbers, then realized it might not be, then went back to having no numbers again?
Fair point.

I'm just salty because I bought the first Blazblue and its DLC character like two days before the next one was announced and then all my old SFIV friends jumped ship again to the new Blazblue and I was like **** this.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Which one is that again?

Followup Question: Why is Blazblue too good for ****ing numbers?
The one that just got a Switch port.

They also realised that numbering them wouldn't help make the story not a confusing cluster****.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The newest one that isn't the crossover one.

Because Arcsys hates numbers unless it's about dubs
I honestly almost tries the crosstag one before I remembered I don't like Blazblue that much and when I went to a local friendly that had it it looked like RWBY: The Fighting Game starring Chie from Persona 4™

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I meant one per company to limit it to five but this works too.
That actually makes my answer significantly different, haha.

Konami: Frogger
Sega: Eggman
Capcom: Jill
Bandai-Namco: Heihachi
Square-Enix: Lara Croft

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I honestly almost tries the crosstag one before I remembered I don't like Blazblue that much and when I went to a local friendly that had it it looked like RWBY: The Fighting Game starring Chie from Persona 4™
real talk cross tag battle is fun as hell

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
This'll liven things up:

Each third party already represented in Smash gets one more rep. Who are they.
By Company:
Sega - Kiryu Kazuma
Capcom - Dante
Namco - Nightmare
SE - 2B
Konami - Raiden

By franchise:
Sonic - Shadow
Metal Gear - Raiden
Pac-Man - Spooky
Mega Man - Zero
Street Fighter - Akuma
Final Fantasy - Kefka
Bayonetta - Jeanne
Castlevania - Soma Cruz
Persona - Tohru Adachi

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Putting aside the fact that I don't really trust Youtube as a news source, I have to say it's unlikely.

They'd have to go through major revisions to downscale it for inferior hardware that the original game was never originally intended for, and I doubt Nintendo could provide development staff considering how many games they're producing already. Platinum is already making an exclusive AAA game for Switch right now in Astral Chain, plus Bayonetta 3, so the possibility of them simultaneously working on another Switch exclusive is... slim.

I'd love to see Scalebound come back but I don't trust that specific rumor.

EDIT: Here's a Tweet from the former creative producer for Platinum. He's not there anymore, so he may just be out of the loop, but...

EDIT AGAIN: Oops, no-no word. I'll just link instead. https://twitter.com/synaesthesiajp/status/1097584333500674049
That's why I doubt it's real too.

But that rumor started from some twitter post(I think a leaker) saying a cancelled game is being brought back. A few others were hoping it's MMLegends 3.

I haven't been following it super closely, so I apologize for being a bit vague on some details.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
This'll liven things up:

oh boy oh boy

Capcom: Phoenix Wright
Sega: Miku because let's watch the world burn
Konami: Raiden
Square: Agnes/Edea
Namco: Solaire
let's count Atlus as it's own because the smash copyrights do: Demi-fiend

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is rather ironic as they expected people to pay for half of the titular RWBY cast. They made Blake and Yang free after immense backlash though

Pakky

Smash Hero
Does anyone play the game that has Shovel Knight and Isaac from Binding of Issaac?

D

Deleted member

Konami: Alucard
Sega: Welkin
Capcom: Phoenix Wright
Namco: Nightmare
Square Enix: Crono
Atlus: Protector
Too ****ing easy

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
As a bonus to staindgrey staindgrey ‘s initial question, I’m also gonna do Ubisoft, Wayforward, and Yacht Club Games, since, despite no playable characters, they have Spirits.

Ubisoft: Altair
Wayforward: Patricia Wagon
Yacht Club Games: … have they done anything that isn’t Shovel Knight?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
This is rather ironic as they expected people to pay for half of the titular RWBY cast. They made Blake and Yang free after immense backlash though
I did not know that. Then again, you're the bigger RWBY fan than I am.

I actually recently saw I own that RWBY game on Steam and I honestly do not remember ever buying it. I really need to stop drinking during Steam sales.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
This'll liven things up:

Um, okay then...

Konami: Shanoa
Sega: Arle Nadja
Capcom: Jill Valentine
Bandai Namco: Yuri Lowell
Square: Terra Branford

I think that's alright? There are almost definitely other characters that I'd probably like to see more than them, but I can't think of any at the moment. :p

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
This'll liven things up:

Per Franchise
Mega Man: Mega Man X
Street Fighter: Chun-Li
Metal Gear: Raiden
Castlevania: Soma Cruz
Bayonetta: Jeanne(maybe using the alt weapons so as not to be an echo.)
Sonic: Tails
Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
Final Fantasy: Terra

Per Company
Capcom: Mega Man X
Konami: Jehuty Bill/Lance
Sega: Tails
Square: Lara Croft
Namco: Jin Kazama

D

Deleted member

This'll liven things up:

[Sega] Dr. Eggman: Eggman is hilarious and would fit Smash perfectly, he could use his gadgets and machines to attack and would be my personal choice for another Sega rep. Sorry Shadow fans.

[Konami] Bomberman: Bomberman deserves to be in Smash he may already be an Assist but he would be my personal choice for another Konami rep, my dude could use all kinds of Bombs and kicks and all that. He'd be cool to have in Smash.

[Capcom] Phoenix Wright: My dude Phoenix would be so cool to have in Smash and would be pretty unique as he's just an average lawyer so they'd have to be pretty creative making his moveset. My dude would also come with amazing music and remixes so I have to go with Phoenix.

[Namco] Lloyd Irving: I would've put Heihachi instead based off of personal want but Lloyd has more fans and deserves it more. while Lloyd would be called "Just another anime swordsman" he would be pretty Unique and play differently from other swordsmen with his duel swords and whatever he does I don't have any experience with his game to be honest but he should be in.

[Square] Geno: Now this one is based off of personal want, I need Geno and Smash would not feel complete without my boy, He's been requested for just as long as Ridley and K. Rool so we need to complete the trinity of Smash Requests. Geno fans are some of the coolest people I know and I really respect them as well, Plus Geno is just such a cool character.

Bonus:
[Atlus] Yu Narukami: I have no idea about Persona, SMT or any Atlus franchise so I mainly put this guy on here cause I heard P4 is a good game and that this guy is it's main character. I really have no idea what he would do or who he is to be honest but again, I'll choose this guy cause why not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom