• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

And so it begins for who the Microsoft rep will be.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
yall are babies, I see worst stuff on Gelbooru and pixiv
Yeah, same here.

Although, every time I think I'm desensitized to all the ****ed up stuff there is, there's always something that spontaneously shows up and basically says, "lol no you're not".

Gotta wonder where some of this stuff comes from.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Yeah, same here.

Although, every time I think I'm desensitized to all the ****ed up stuff there is, there's always something that spontaneously shows up and basically says, "lol no you're not".

People can get very creative.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So what's going on now?

Thinking about the Scalebound rumor, I have some trouble thinking its true, mostly because I was under the assumption that Microsoft paid to help make it like Bayo 2 had with Nintendo. Though I could be wrong.

I heard recently that Mega Man 11 sold about 870,000 or so copies so far, and the Mega Man X Legacy Collections sold about 990,000 copies. Considering it took the MMLC games a while to reach 1Mill, I think this is a bit more impressive, as neither MM11 or MMXLC were out for a full year yet.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, same here.

People like me but older, probably. :p

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So what's going on now?

Thinking about the Scalebound rumor, I have some trouble thinking its true, mostly because I was under the assumption that Microsoft paid to help make it like Bayo 2 had with Nintendo. Though I could be wrong.

I heard recently that Mega Man 11 sold about 870,000 or so copies so far, and the Mega Man X Legacy Collections sold about 990,000 copies. Considering it took the MMLC games a while to reach 1Mill, I think this is a bit more impressive, as neither MM11 or MMXLC were out for a full year yet.
I believe Platinum retained the rights to publish but Microsoft had offered a lot of development assistance, so without a publisher with the same assets to offer the game can't feasibly be completed in a realistic schedule.

What's the rumor? I hadn't heard it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I believe Platinum retained the rights to publish but Microsoft had offered a lot of development assistance, so without a publisher with the same assets to offer the game can't feasibly be completed in a realistic schedule.

What's the rumor? I hadn't heard it.
That Scalebound was headed to the Switch. There's a GameXplain vid on it.

D

Deleted member

Nah, Hell is too pure for some of this ****.
I am so pure that you all can not even grasp my pureness.
I am shining because of all of the water on me. The sun always shines the most in my way, and my dress is made of gold.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
That Scalebound was headed to the Switch. There's a GameXplain vid on it.
Putting aside the fact that I don't really trust Youtube as a news source, I have to say it's unlikely.

They'd have to go through major revisions to downscale it for inferior hardware that the original game was never originally intended for, and I doubt Nintendo could provide development staff considering how many games they're producing already. Platinum is already making an exclusive AAA game for Switch right now in Astral Chain, plus Bayonetta 3, so the possibility of them simultaneously working on another Switch exclusive is... slim.

I'd love to see Scalebound come back but I don't trust that specific rumor.

EDIT: Here's a Tweet from the former creative producer for Platinum. He's not there anymore, so he may just be out of the loop, but...

EDIT AGAIN: Oops, no-no word. I'll just link instead. https://twitter.com/synaesthesiajp/status/1097584333500674049

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
God, I want Anthem to be good. Everything I'm reading though says it kinda isn't.

Like, I understand it's a Destiny clone and you don't have decisions that matter and the story is entirely a first-person isolated portion set away from all the gameplay and all that. But I liked Destiny, and the demo played a lot like a much cooler ME:Andromeda and I just want Anthem to succeed so Bioware gets a good budget for DA4.

Uuuuuuuugh. I'm gonna regret purchasing a copy for me and my brother.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I think the fact that Astral Chain exists is proof Scalebound isn't realistic
They had to be developing it alongside the Granblue Fantasy game so maybe the reason they dropped it was so they could pick Scalebound back up.

D

Deleted member

Hot Take
I would've preferred Morgana being playable in Smash rather than Joker.

Last edited by a moderator:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hot Take
I would've preferred Morgana being playable in Smash rather than Joker.
Hotter Take

I would've preferred the Joker being playable in Smash rather than this other Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom