• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Anyone else remember Rage Comics?

On second thought, I don't want to take that trip down memory road...
Anyone remember the RE: Code Veronica comics?

No? Just me? Shame. They were classics.

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate Social Thread 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Social thread 365/2 days 0.2 Birth by memes final chapter 1.5 remix and Sans from Undertale and Knuckles featuring Dante from the Devil may cry series and Isaac from the Golden Sun series.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Do you guys remember the very first character you thought:

“hey, this character should be in Smash?”

For me, it was Mewtwo in Smash 64.
Palutena because of Kid Icarus...and then Inkling cause Splatoon is awesome...and then Shadow and Shantae cause yes

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Y'all ever see a fan theory, laugh at how silly it is, read the explanation, and slowly start to realize it makes sense?

Because I'm going through that right now and oh my god.
It's definitely happened to me, before...

I remember reading one that was part of a fake 4chan leak, claiming that the Smash 4 DLC characters are considered Smash Ultimate newcomers, and that their DLC status was some sort of sneak peak at what Ultimate's roster would consist of...

Thing is, in hindsight, it makes a bit of sense, assuming Sakurai was probably thinking of the Smash Ultimate Newcomers, and the Smash 4 DLC characters, around the same time...

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
First of all how dare you.
Second of all yes.

It's so dumb but it...actually kind of makes sense.
I want the reincarnation of a demon king in Smash now. Byleth’s now starting to grow on me.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know what...

I've officially decided on giving this one a chance after a lot of thought. For all the **** I gave the second film (Which by no means I hated just found to be a disappointment). For all I know this one might be an improvement and they might execute the cliches rather well (Despite my reputation of hating cliches I only hate overused ones like the liar reveal, twist villain, pre-climax argument and misunderstanding and I am well aware all forms of fiction uses cliches). I won't know until I give it a chance. If they pull their cards right the whole love interest thing might be executed well.

So with that said I'll be seeing this Saturday. Maybe I'll even give the second film a watch again at some point to see if my opinion changes on that given its been a while since I seen it and the first film. Maybe there were things I overlooked or misinterpreted.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Do you guys remember the very first character you thought:

“hey, this character should be in Smash?”

For me, it was Mewtwo in Smash 64.
probably Pac-Man when I saw him in the Gematsu leak, or maybe Gengar, I'm not sure.

I don't usually give characters I like much thought about being in Smash until something or someone throws the idea at me, I don't know why. This happened with Skull Kid, who is among my favorite Zelda characters, as well as Steve/a Creeper.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Y'all ever see a fan theory, laugh at how silly it is, read the explanation, and slowly start to realize it makes sense?

Because I'm going through that right now and oh my god.
I've had that feeling before with certain fan theories, but none of them ever end up being true surprise surprise.

Leaks on the other hand....

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm gonna spoiler it in case, somehow, it's true.

As much as I'd love a Magvel follow up, I don't think it's supposed to be a direct SS connection.

Instead I think it's more likely that the writers and artist are taking inspiration from SS in their story. Similar to the way the game has Tiki and Griel expies, maybe the big bad is a Fomortiis expy who Byleth has ties to.

It also makes sense since Robin had ties to Grima and Corrin had ties to Anankos. Heck Alm even has ties to Duma, although he's not an avatar and Echoes was a remake so perhaps that one is a stretch.

Roberk

Smash Champion
First of all how dare you.
Second of all yes.

It's so dumb but it...actually kind of makes sense.
I guess the dots connect a bit, but I highly doubt it. I just think Three Houses is trying to be fresh and original, not relying on major callbacks like Lucina being "Marth" or minor ones like Awakening kids in Fates or Valentia/Archanea crossovers. Also, why Formotiis, the villain from FE8 of all things? It just seems odd, considering how disconnected Magvel is mostly.

I do subscribe to Byleth being connected to a demon, however, because "choose a form" and "awakening powers" along with Byleth as a mythological name being one of a demon are some good pieces of evidence.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Looks super over the top and edgy haha.
IT IS. And it just reeks of the 90s in how it's drawn. I love it.

But you wouldn't know that from the boring as all hell English release covers.

Honestly Code Veronica is probably my least favorite mainline RE game but anyone interested should totally learn its story through these terrible-great comics.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Honestly Code Veronica is probably my leave favorite mainline RE game but anyone interested should totally learn its story through these terrible-great comics.
Now that’s a massive difference

D

Deleted member

For that FE theory I think its just
a common pallet for dark magical characters. Heck aside from the pink I don't think they match up. Fomortiis is more of a very dark blue while Byleth wears solid black. Also the design of Fomortiis reminds me of various different kaiju. Specifically the kaiju from Pacific Rim who had a very similar look going on with the build and line pattern.

D

Deleted member

Honestly Code Veronica is probably my least favorite mainline RE game but anyone interested should totally learn its story through these terrible-great comics.
Reminds me of this

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Why does North America always have to butcher Japanese cover art?
Case in point:
Japan

And North America

EDIT: Darn it, @Onereasonanddone!

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
As much as I'd love a FE8 tie in, I don't think a color palette and a similar name theming is enough to convince me of this as a possibility
Y'know, some things to think about.

- Ephraim and Eirika have gotten more representation in FEH than I thought they would.
- Sacred Stones was re-released on both the 3DS and Wii U.
- We still haven't seen any new entry into the "Echoes" line of remakes they began with Shadows of Valentia.

Maybe it's a long game plan to link this game directly to a Sacred Stones remake to be released next?

Roberk

Smash Champion
I saw some talk about regional food earlier so if you are ever on a road trip in Texas, make sure to give this place a stop.

Also, any Tex-Mex not in southern border states is fake. Just don't even bother.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

ah yes

the 4kids resident evil

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's like covers made for Non-Japanese audiences appear to be more "bad"

Example as demonstrated by Brawl in the Family

Source Here!
That American box art has a pretty fit woman tho...and a sexy *** DeDeDe

D

Deleted member

Castlevania SotN boxart USA vs the rest of the world.... God damn it America. I mean it still looks awesome, but my boi...

Which is ironic because American releases are known for usually just slapping the main character on the front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom