• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I legitimately don't know where the hate for MKX's animations comes from. It and Injustice 2 are better animated than SFV, KoFXIV, MvCi, anything from Jump or any other fighter that uses actual 3D models. It's one of the main draws of Netherrealm games.

I get that the stiff jumpkick and exaggerated falling animation look dated, but those are by design, not because the graphics suck.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Would you all be more open to a SmashBoards online crew battle than a tourney? I think that would be a bit easier to manage for me as of right now.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Would you all be more open to a SmashBoards online crew battle than a tourney? I think that would be a bit easier to manage for me as of right now.
I'm in.

I mean I don't have the easiest schedule and I'm a little out of practice but whatever I'm in.

D

Deleted member

That sounds fun. Either or sounds good to be honest, I'm in.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I legitimately don't know where the hate for MKX's animations comes from. It and Injustice 2 are better animated than SFV, KoFXIV, MvCi, anything from Jump or any other fighter that uses actual 3D models. It's one of the main draws of Netherrealm games.

I get that the stiff jumpkick and exaggerated falling animation look dated, but those are by design, not because the graphics suck.
Bad animation being a selling point is a terrible selling point. Stylish Suck doesn't work with fighting games.

If you honestly think MKX and Injustice 2 have better animation than SFV, KoFXIV and MvCI you need to learn basic animation.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I'm in.

I mean I don't have the easiest schedule and I'm a little out of practice but whatever I'm in.
That sounds fun. Either or sounds good to be honest, I'm in.
I might need some people to actually set up an arena for me due to me not having a Switch. Then I need to think of what the team background would be as well. I can at least work on a ruleset. Not sure what day works, only because school kills me on weekdays.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Bad animation being a selling point is a terrible selling point. Stylish Suck doesn't work with fighting games.

If you honestly think MKX and Injustice 2 have better animation than SFV, KoFXIV and MvCI you need to learn basic animation.
Seriously? MvCi and SFIV-in-HD? I love those games but if you think they're better animated than Netherrealm games you need to see your optometrist.

D

Deleted member

Have you watched Design Shop's video?
Dude is definitely right to an extent and he raises good points, but when he gave this example of how he would do it, 3:15 in
I really could not take him too seriously anymore. I get that it’s a doodle and it’s unfair to dismiss the entire argument like that, but geez.

D

Deleted member

It mostly comes from this guy's series of videos.
And yeah, the examples he draws are pretty valid I agree. And this same guy recently made a video on MK11 where he said it looks pretty solid animation wise. But I don't think that means that everything in the game is poorly animated. Heck, the game in general looks WAY better than the fighters you listed.

And I know where these flaws in animation stem from. It's definitely the DA-Armageddon era of MK where they used mokap. And ever since NRS have stuck to that style of animation of their games. Which can often look pretty awkward on 3D models even if the movement is realistic so to speak.

D

Deleted member

Smash Ultimate has better animation than MKX, Injustice 2, SFV, KoFXIV and MvCI. :p

KMDP

Smash Legend
Did I? Oops, I just changed the entire reply instead cause why not.
You meant to say: "Why'd you have to do my boy dirty like that?"

You forgot the "dirty".

"Why'd you have to do my boy like that?" is something... different.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Daisy's issue in Ultimate is she only has some hurtbox differences due to some animations.

...That's literally it. She's the most cloney clone that ever been done cloned. Not even Dark Pit can say that.
Pittoo can still say he’s a literal clone when it comes to his character
@Shishœ You: "MK is poorly animated" Meanwhile in the world of anime gaming.
Damn that **** sucks so damn much. This is like a very bad anime approach to having their own Smash Brawl or something
me when daisy bout to hit me with her back air
Daisy = Thicc and Juicy like a Steak
6B66A55E-26C1-41DA-BB2E-821F92F11C4D.png
D8512300-E3B2-4589-98DE-E576BE36353C.png
This emits horny energy and I do not like this.
Daisy makes us horny, so...that’s completely acceptable

It ain’t better than Smash tho
It's because that's all her opponents get to look at when she's in the lead the whole time.
That and she got a great *** booty. Daisy is always eating her Booty-O’s
2516597F-0842-48E5-9280-D819DB0E9758.jpeg

D

Deleted member

You meant to say: "Why'd you have to do my boy dirty like that?"

You forgot the "dirty".

"Why'd you have to do my boy like that?" is something... different.
Oh, I was using slang and assumed people would understand what I meant as I usually do that. Seems like I should fix that bad habit of mine.

D

Deleted member

Seriously? MvCi and SFIV-in-HD? I love those games but if you think they're better animated than Netherrealm games you need to see your optometrist.
You may have problems with those games but they won't be badly animated in a hundred years. I challenge you to try to find an example of bad animation from those games that's worse than anything from MKX's trainwreck

D

Deleted member

You may have problems with those games but they won't be badly animated in a hundred years. I challenge you to try to find an example of bad animation from those games that's worse than anything from MKX's trainwreck
Humans IRL will be badly animated in a hundred years.

D

Deleted member

Honest to god don't get why and how people would defend the unrealistic, awkward and stuff animation Netherrealm throws out of its ass.

D

Deleted member

How am I supposed to feel about this thread title as a Canadian vegetarian
Consider it an extra argument for going vegetarian. After all, the smashboards admins would never lie!

D

Deleted member

I made a map of the location of SmashBoarders in this thread! ( Please forgive me if I missed anyone's location that I did not color. )
Broken.png

We're not getting the thread closed again.
Wait, this thread has been closed before?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Honest to god don't get why and how people would defend the unrealistic, awkward and stuff animation Netherrealm throws out of its ***.
It's not about realism.

It's about showing a purpose, being clear and showing personality.

MKX doesn't do that very well.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I made a map of the location of SmashBoarders in this thread! ( Please forgive me if I missed anyone's location that I did not color. )
My location doesn't even show up on the map.

I'm much too important for that.

(I'm not saying you forgot me, it would have been physically impossible for you to highlight my location).
Wait, this thread has been closed before?
Yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom