• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just looked at Cassie Cage for MK11...well...she atleast looks like a younger version of her Mama Rousey

D

Deleted member

Honestly I don't understand why people think Chrom is OP, like the sentiment went a bit down after the Chromicide nerf but it's still there among casuals

Like yeah, he's OP if he's being played by a godlike frame-perfect TAS who never goes offstage. Because if your character has any kind of decent edgeguarding abilities it's literally a free stock when he gets knocked offstage
I agree.
Shulk is top tier too.
You also motivated me to try out Wario.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I don't understand why people think Chrom is OP, like the sentiment went a bit down after the Chromicide nerf but it's still there among casuals

Like yeah, he's OP if he's being played by a godlike frame-perfect TAS who never goes offstage. Because if your character has any kind of decent edgeguarding abilities it's literally a free stock when he gets knocked offstage
Such as Ganondorf up aerial. Ending hit box edge guard is so satisfying.

KMDP

Smash Legend

Meme'ing and "people unqualified to make the judgement" parroting opinions they don't understand.

D

Deleted member

KoF definitely has worse animation in places. Don't act like I'm not a KoF fan silly billy.

Also, again, at least look at MK11 which is night and day compared to MKX just like MKX is night and day compared to MK9. And how MK9 looks night day compared to the 3D era. If you think MKX has some weird ****....

Pretty much this. That's one of the reasons why Mokap is extremely hard to not make look uncanny. Because you're using realistic movements on stylized characters. MKX uses a lot of realistic type movement like a game such as GTA would use when it comes to combat which does look weird in a flashy setting.

In fact, I actually do think that one of the reasons why MK11 already looks more natural than MKX is the more photorealistic graphics and slower paced combat compared to how crazy fast MKX is.

Pretty much this. Especially when it comes to MKX since when playing on a competent level, since it's so rushdown based you'll be stringing moves together so fast that you won't even notice certain weird animation like Erron Black's. Which I wouldn't say are stiff, they're just posed really weird.

Reptile had a similar problem with certain animations in MK9. Like they were fluid, but moves like his forceball and acid spit looked really weird. But those moves were changed and look way more natural in MKX.
I fail to see how that particular gif is an example of bad animation

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Because he has all the traits of being a noobstomper/gatekeeper.

Easy to Pick Up
Strong attacks
Large Hitboxes
Disjoints
Fast attacks

It's like fighting a really hard boss in a game, but instead of attacking his weakpoint, you attack his shins and then proceed to get stepped on.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I don't understand why people think Chrom is OP, like the sentiment went a bit down after the Chromicide nerf but it's still there among casuals.

there's your problem right there, Casuals will claim that most things are OP when they really aren't. Casuals think that a character the better player uses are OP and that just because a character is fast it makes them OP as they don't practice a lot like you or others.

People are just Misinformed and jump to conclusions too easily.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Was playing a Team Fortress 2 custom map when it glitched out.

How it glitched: A door used for an elevator system did not open despite appearing to be open.

It led to at least 10 players becoming zombies.

D

Deleted member

Same reason people thought K Rool was op. People just don’t want to learn and exploit his weaknesses, therefore he is op.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Um...
"Ew boingy bits"?

The girl in the... balloon? clown?... outfit isn't badly animated either, because that's how you move in a costume like that.

D

Deleted member

Okay, nevermind mind the stances, those just are just stuff that'd be in the sprite KoF games anyway.(Same argument can be made for MK stuff looking weird.) Do you see those boobs or the people in the background?

D

Deleted member

If there is one thing I hate about fighting games, it is when the boobs jiggle.
A lot of people like that, but to me it is just gross and I want to concentrate on fighting the foe.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Um...
"Ew boingy bits"?

The girl in the... balloon? clown?... outfit isn't badly animated either, because that's how you move in a costume like that.
Boobs are taboo and generally just a myth created by people in the Japanese underground to sell merchandise

D

Deleted member

If there is one thing I hate about fighting games, it is when the boobs jiggle.
A lot of people like that, but to me it is just gross and I want to concentrate on fighting the foe.
The Mai boob jiggle stance looks fine in sprite form. But in 3D it just looks gross TBH.

I mean, that's why a lot of stuff looks weird in KoF XIV TBH, in sprite form most of it would probably work. But in 3D it looks weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom