• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The gameplay wasn't half bad at all, but it just...really felt like an empty game overall. It had so much more potential and they just didn't utilize nearly enough of it. The mech levels got it the worst, yeah.

As in scripting for an actual game? I'd be plenty happy to see the product when/i you get far enough with it, I don't think I need to explain by now that I enjoy crossovers of stuff I really like lol.

Yeah, that's another reason why I'm thinking a reboot would be a good route for them to go, though granted there wasn't much connection between any of them that I remember besides the fact that Danny, Spongebob, Timmy and Jimmy all knew each other by the start of each sequel ever since their adventure in the first game. There's very few continuity references between the games, but at least starting anew might make it easier to create a new story. You don't have to worry about the characters having known each other already, because in this case, they'd be meeting for the first time.

I didn't watch Avatar back in it's time so the lack of it didn't disappointment much personally, though in hindsight the lack of it throughout the four games really baffles me. It was a huge success, you'd think Aang would've been a no-brainer choice for one of the heroes in Toybots.

So far, I'd just suggest continuing to keep the characters true to their original designs, don't change anything too drastically, keep them all looking and feeling like actual older versions of the original characters, as seen in their source material.

Other than that, I don't have much else to add quite yet.
Alright. I’ll work on a proposal essay and send you a DM when i’ve Got something together. I can’t actually MAKE a game. But it’s fun to toss around hypotheticals.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
D

Deleted member

First time using PC version of Smashboards! This place is lookin' nice.

D

Deleted member

Nothing to see here, you can't prove anything

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

SmashBoards Mobile needs to be revamped, because it is pretty bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Alright. I’ll work on a proposal essay and send you a DM when i’ve Got something together. I can’t actually MAKE a game. But it’s fun to toss around hypotheticals.
Works for me!

I probably should’ve watched the video first instead of liking it solely for the Spongebob reference.
Oh, good to know that I'm not the only one who did exactly that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SmashBoards Mobile needs to be revamped, because it is pretty bad.
It runs like horse butt, and it's hard to find the sub forums!

i blame the corrin mains i'm never dropping this sakurai please remove her instapin sucks why braindead character

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Globs of Doom I've heard of, but it's the one game from the series I've never played. After hearing plenty of (bad) things about it, I can't say I regret missing out on that one.

The original was one of my favorite games as a kid, easily.

Volcano Island expanded the gameplay and the characters, but looking back I feel like it was missing something.

Attack of the Toybots had some issues, imo (I'm pretty usre you could only ever have two characters in your party at once, which made things more boring...plus the storyline was really weird, mainly because of what's revealed in the ending) but, hey, it also let you play as Jenny Wakeman and GIR. That alone raises the quality of the game significantly. :V

I'd love to see the series continue or get rebooted. You started our with four greats (Spongebob, Timmy Turner, Danny Phantom and Jimmy Neutron) and got pleny more franchises and more supporting characters from them in the later games. A fresh start would give them a prime opportunity to utilize all of their best toons in one game.
It's actually pretty accurate to his show. And you think that's bad? Take a look at his render in Globs of Doom...

Reminder that this exists in an official licensed Nickelodeon game.
You could also play as Zim, Mr.Blink, and El Tigre in the DS version of the game...though it was unfortunate to only be able to use 2 characters for a majority of the game...and yes to a Nicktoons Units reboot. There’s even more franchises Nick can easily pull from...and without having to have like...all the Ninja Turtles throughout history (just 2012 would suffice). Same with Power Rangers and the Avatars

Though even if we don’t get another Unite game, I hope we atleast get that final season of Jimmy Neutron
Honestly Disney and Nickelodeon are probably the only companies in need of having Smash Bros. like games.

As for Vs. fighting games though Weekly Shonen Jump, DC Comics (I refuse to believe DC vs. Mortal Kombat exists. That was an abomination), Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon are in need of it.

Hell get onto Nickelodeon vs. Cartoon Network for crying out loud!
:ultkrool:makes relevancy moot.

Rocko and Zim I recall are getting TV specials.
So are the Rugrats...only they’re getting an entirely new season to the series (and a live action/cgi movie). Nickelodeon is doing a whole lotta new things for their properties movies forward

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You could also play as Zim, Mr.Blink, and El Tigre in the DS version of the game...though it was unfortunate to only be able to use 2 characters for a majority of the game...and yes to a Nicktoons Units reboot. There’s even more franchises Nick can easily pull from...and without having to have like...all the Ninja Turtles throughout history (just 2012 would suffice). Same with Power Rangers and the Avatars

Though even if we don’t get another Unite game, I hope we atleast get that final season of Jimmy Neutron

So are the Rugrats...only they’re getting an entirely new season to the series (and a live action/cgi movie). Nickelodeon is doing a whole lotta new things for their properties movies forward
DS version was ****ing hype I remember unlocking, I think Caveman Spongebob.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly Disney and Nickelodeon are probably the only companies in need of having Smash Bros. like games.

As for Vs. fighting games though Weekly Shonen Jump, DC Comics (I refuse to believe DC vs. Mortal Kombat exists. That was an abomination), Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon are in need of it.

Hell get onto Nickelodeon vs. Cartoon Network for crying out loud!
I like MKvDCU. It was flawed but the fighting system was great. I’d love to see DC cross over with MK again. Doing it in the Injustice style would probably be the best course of action.

Or they could do DC vs Shonen Jump. Finally get some Goku vs. Superman action.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
DS version was ****ing hype I remember unlocking, I think Caveman Spongebob.
I always got hyped unlocking Zim and El Tigre. The former is always hype, and the latter was an underrated character from an underrated series

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I like MKvDCU. It was flawed but the fighting system was great. I’d love to see DC cross over with MK again. Doing it in the Injustice style would probably be the best course of action.

Or they could do DC vs Shonen Jump. Finally get some Goku vs. Superman action.
That's also not getting started with the brutalities, the T rating and some of the lame fatalities like Kano's roll move like how the **** do you die from that?

But hey to each their own I guess.

DC vs. Jump Stars is definitely more fitting. I'd be down for that then other DC vs. Mortal Kombat game which never fit to begin with.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
YES! NewEraOutlaw on deviantart did a project a while back that was basically Marvel vs. Capcom 3 but with Nickelodeon. It’s really cool. I highly recommend checking it out.
I remember coming across that. I blame that for my obsession with game ideas especially crossover fighting games.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

They could probably bring The Loud House into things, too. Korra as well, as far as Avatar characters go.

Oh, yeah, Jimmy was another show that got cancelled a bit too early and lacked a conclusion. Meanwhile Zim at least is getting that TV movie that's shaping up rather nicely, and I still await the day we see more of My Life as a Teenage Robot. If it's done right, I'd like to see more Danny Phantom, too.

God, I always get caught off-guard every time I see "Zim" and think I was being name dropped :yoshi:
I'm going to start reading all of your posts in Invader Zim's voice, now.

Hearing praise and worship towards Yoshi in Zim's voice is going to be an interesting experience.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What Mortal Kombat should of had a crossover to begin with was Killer Instinct. It just didn't fit with DC especially given heroes "No Kill" rules. Don't know what kind of crack Ed Boon was on to think that was a good idea to begin with especially to make Mortal Kombat toned down to Rated T.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's also not getting started with the brutalities, the T rating and some of the lame fatalities like Kano's roll move like how the **** do you die from that?

But hey to each their own I guess.

DC vs. Jump Stars is definitely more fitting. I'd be down for that then other DC vs. Mortal Kombat game which never fit to begin with.
I mean. It makes sense as an answer to Marvel vs. Capcom. Especially sense both properties are Warner Bros. Properties, so theirs no competing corporate priorities. Injustice has proved that they can make MK characters work in a rated t setting. The problem is it doesn’t carry with it a major aspect of MK’s appeal (the gore). That’s why I think billing it and designing it as an Injustice game makes the most sense. As someone who’s a diehard fan of both, I just want to see the characters meet en mass again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom