• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just thought of another cool Vs. fighting game crossover for Weekly Shonen Jump.

DC Comics.

Just picture the cool rivalries.

Batman vs. Yusuke Urameshi - Detectives
Superman vs. Goku - Alien saviors from another planet
Wonder Woman vs. Pegasus Seiya - Mythological heroes

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah I definitely want to have the villains pose some sort of obstacle for the heroes outside of just fight scenes, and yeah there are some villains I can see working together and some independent, I don’t think I want to just team up and group them all into a rival school.

I’ve mentioned that I wanted to pick up where each series left off, which would potentially include Aku’s death if I decide to take Season 5 into account so I’m not sure if I’ll have Aku be involved with this outside of lip service from other characters.
I certainly know how I wanted to handel it, but my project is very different from theirs and my explanations probably wouldn't work in their series.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
You acknowledge that you could be wrong, when you should admit that you WILL be wrong, and when you are I will LAUGH. "Ha, Ha, Ha!", I will say as I download Crash Bandicoot and Banjo-Kazooie, with the intent to main them in Smash.
You say that as if I wouldn't prefer Crash and Banjo.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
So can someone tell me why when you insert an SD card in your Switch, it doesn't use the full capacity? Take for example, when a 400GB microSD card is inserted, it only uses 366GB.
I think I remember it being something to do with the legal definition of byte measurements. Technically, they're measured in binary, with sets of 1024, e.g. 1 gigabyte = 1024 megabytes, 1 megabyte = 1024 kilobytes, etc. But because those prefixes typically work in decimal factors of 10 instead, e.g. 1 kilometer = 1000 meters, companies are able to get away with using the decimal measurement instead. An actual gigabyte is 1,073,741,824 bytes, whereas a gigabyte in marketing terms is 1,000,000,000, about 93% of a real gigabyte.

So, for a 400 GB card, that equals out to about 372.5 GB. If you look at the fine print on the packaging, it says as much, but that's not what's advertised explicitly. I don't know how it's legal, but that's how it is.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You acknowledge that you could be wrong, when you should admit that you WILL be wrong, and when you are I will LAUGH. "Ha, Ha, Ha!", I will say as I download Crash Bandicoot and Banjo-Kazooie, with the intent to main them in Smash.
Seriously. back off of Sig. They've been nothing but nice to me sense I got here.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hang on, you think Crash and Banjo are getting in?
Damn. Practice what you preach, buddy.

D

Deleted member

Can you please stop? It is clear that you can not take constructive criticism and the attack on Sig is completely unnecessary. Stop attacking people who disagree with you, and learn how to take criticism.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Just drop it, okay?

I don't expect Porky in Smash, myself, but what you're doing, is just starting to sound like bullying, at this point

Just stop
I think it's meant to represent the ASC taking the blow of the beam and as such freeing Porky.

Hey, you better leave Sig be. Talking a lot of **** for a dude with 501 posts. We don't randomly throw shade at and disrespect posters here for no real reason, when they've already admitted they could be wrong.
Thanks for the support guys:)
But I'm fine. As someone went through grade school with bipolar, autism, and turrets syndrome, I encountered much worse. This doesn't bother me at all, especially since he agreed to lick **** off a dog's ass.

But I love you both for having my back!

Edit you too @ShinyLegendary
Edit 2 SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 Thanks to you too! Sorry I missed your post.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That series was my CHILDHOOD. Over here in the states it was just called Nicktoons Unite, it actually had a fourth installment called Globs of Doom. In my opinion, Nicktoons Unite was the best GAME, Attack of the Toybots had the best fanservice to all of nickelodeon, and Globs of Doom was a broken pile of garbage that I devoted way too much of my life to. I'd love to someday make a sequel or spiritual successor.
Oh my ****ing ****...Nicktoons Unite is the ****. Was the Nick equivalent to Smash and Marvel Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends.

Unite and Attack of the Toybots (both console and DS versions) were the best in the series
)
Globs of Doom I've heard of, but it's the one game from the series I've never played. After hearing plenty of (bad) things about it, I can't say I regret missing out on that one.

The original was one of my favorite games as a kid, easily.

Volcano Island expanded the gameplay and the characters, but looking back I feel like it was missing something.

Attack of the Toybots had some issues, imo (I'm pretty usre you could only ever have two characters in your party at once, which made things more boring...plus the storyline was really weird, mainly because of what's revealed in the ending) but, hey, it also let you play as Jenny Wakeman and GIR. That alone raises the quality of the game significantly. :V

Edit: I really hope this ends up being one of the recasted Nick games to be released by the modern THQ (THQ Nordic)
I'd love to see the series continue or get rebooted. You started our with four greats (Spongebob, Timmy Turner, Danny Phantom and Jimmy Neutron) and got pleny more franchises and more supporting characters from them in the later games. A fresh start would give them a prime opportunity to utilize all of their best toons in one game.

Jimmy Neutron is looking pretty derpy there...

"G O T T A B L A S T" :yoshi:
It's actually pretty accurate to his show. And you think that's bad? Take a look at his render in Globs of Doom...

Reminder that this exists in an official licensed Nickelodeon game.

D

Deleted member

Man, this avatar looks so cool. It is Idon's though.
idon.jpg

Dang it. I want it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly Disney and Nickelodeon are probably the only companies in need of having Smash Bros. like games.

As for Vs. fighting games though Weekly Shonen Jump, DC Comics (I refuse to believe DC vs. Mortal Kombat exists. That was an abomination), Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon are in need of it.

Hell get onto Nickelodeon vs. Cartoon Network for crying out loud!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Yeah I definitely want to have the villains pose some sort of obstacle for the heroes outside of just fight scenes, and yeah there are some villains I can see working together and some independent, I don’t think I want to just team up and group them all into a rival school.

I’ve mentioned that I wanted to pick up where each series left off, which would potentially include Aku’s death if I decide to take Season 5 into account so I’m not sure if I’ll have Aku be involved with this outside of lip service from other characters.
There needs to be a real plot involving the antagonists, for sure. It'd be better for them to be more spread out and possibly rival one and other rather than all be on the exact same side, that I agree with, too.

Fair enough. You don't need to bring back characters from the dead when they died fair and square, unless it's feasible within their source material. Samurai Jack isn't one of those cases, at least not for the likes of Aku. He's deader than dead by the time the show is over.

KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms after some digging I found some sketches I made circa 2016 for a few of the CN kids as college students. I’ll try my best to explain what I had in mind for them.
These are some awesome sketches! I particularly like that you really stayed true to their designs and didn't change them nor their artstyles much, if at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Since most of the classic Nicktoons are dead as Porky's Smash chances, A new Nicktoons game would likely suck

Thanks for the support guys:)
But I'm fine. As someone went through grade school with bipolar, autism, and turrets syndrome, I encountered much worse. This doesn't bother me at all, especially since he agreed to lick **** off a dog's ***.

But I love you both for having my back!

Edit you too @ShinyLegendary
I'm wasn't trying to bully you, sorry if it seemed like harassment, I just hate wrong people who think they're right thought the fact that you were so confident in something that I see as unlikely was wrong. Now if salty Corrin fans can stop reprimanding me, we can change the subject.

I'll still eat dog **** if Porky is in tho.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Globs of Doom I've heard of, but it's the one game from the series I've never played. After hearing plenty of (bad) things about it, I can't say I regret missing out on that one.

The original was one of my favorite games as a kid, easily.

Volcano Island expanded the gameplay and the characters, but looking back I feel like it was missing something.

Attack of the Toybots had some issues, imo (I'm pretty usre you could only ever have two characters in your party at once, which made things more boring...plus the storyline was really weird, mainly because of what's revealed in the ending) but, hey, it also let you play as Jenny Wakeman and GIR. That alone raises the quality of the game significantly. :V

I'd love to see the series continue or get rebooted. You started our with four greats (Spongebob, Timmy Turner, Danny Phantom and Jimmy Neutron) and got pleny more franchises and more supporting characters from them in the later games. A fresh start would give them a prime opportunity to utilize all of their best toons in one game. Wanna talk more about it in PMs? Hypothetical game design is a hobby of mine.

It's actually pretty accurate to his show. And you think that's bad? Take a look at his render in Globs of Doom...

Reminder that this exists in an official licensed Nickelodeon game.
Yeah. I liked how you went around and completed specific challenges to unlock certain characters, and the mech levels were good in theory. But it ust felt baron. Like they only had half of a development cycle.

I've been working on scripting and designing a sequel for a while, but I keep running into roadblocks. Mainly because it's hard to tell which new Nick shows will stick around and which ones will be forgotten about. A reboot might be the perfect rout to go so that you don't have to worry about connecting it to the plot of the previous installments.

There is one thing that a sequel definetly needs though. Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Fair enough. You don't need to bring back characters from the dead when they died fair and square, unless it's feasible within their source material. Samurai Jack isn't one of those cases, at least not for the likes of Aku. He's deader than dead by the time the show is over.

These are some awesome sketches! I particularly like that you really stayed true to their designs and didn't change them nor their artstyles much, if at all.
Thank you! Definitely one of the things I wanted to do with this project was to make artwork of the characters like that and practice different styles.

D

Deleted member

Can you please stop? It is clear that you can not take constructive criticism and the attack on Sig is completely unnecessary. Stop attacking people who disagree with you, and learn how to take criticism.
You must be very stupid uneducated if you can't recognize when I'm joking.

we all know banjo isn't in.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Since most of the classic Nicktoons are dead as Porky's Smash chances, A new Nicktoons game would likely suck

I'm wasn't trying to bully you, sorry if it seemed like harassment, I just hate wrong people who think they're right thought the fact that you were so confident in something that I see as unlikely was wrong. Now if salty Corrin fans can stop reprimanding me, we can change the subject.

I'll still eat dog **** if Porky is in tho.
See was about to like your post, then you threw shade at Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku for no reason.

I do understand you're not trying to be a bully though. Trust me, I have extensive experience with bullies. I honestly thought the whole thing was funny. I appreciate the apology though. Just apologize to Smashing Ramen too and we'll be good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

See K was about to like your post, then you threw shade at Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku for no reason.

I do understand you're not trying to be a bully though. Trust me, I have extensive experience with bullies. I honestly thought the whole thing was funny. I appreciate the apology though. Just apologize to Smashing Ramen too and we'll be good.
I'm sorry filthy ****ing corrin main **** you goddamnit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom