• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
I feel like Link could conceivably have good dialogue.
The different Links do have slight variations in personalities that would give them differences in dialogue and attitude, and it could be interesting.

That said, I do admittedly prefer silent Link.
They could feasibly make it work, but I'd worry that they'd give him really cheesy dialogue. I don't mean 'EXCUUUSE ME PRINCESS' tier stuff or dialogue on the level of the CDI games, more like stuff that you might find in a naff JRPG dub.

Then there's the issue of Link's accent: people have played Zelda games for years and might imagine him speaking in a particular way, so it could be very jarring to some for him to have a completely different accent.

Iridium

Smash Hero
They could feasibly make it work, but I'd worry that they'd give him really cheesy dialogue. I don't mean 'EXCUUUSE ME PRINCESS' tier stuff or dialogue on the level of the CDI games, more like stuff that you might find in a naff JRPG dub.

Then there's the issue of Link's accent: people have played Zelda games for years and might imagine him speaking in a particular way, so it could be very jarring to some for him to have a completely different accent.
Yeah, I think we're just good with Link's yells. Nobuyuki Hiyama (his OoT voice actor) has made it work very well, although that's not surprising for his standards. Anything Link could say will become a meme, I think.

D

Deleted member

Will Ferrell or Trey Parker could do Snake. Snake's voice in general is pretty easily replicated.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don't care who it is, but I want someone voiced by Shellby Rabara (voice of Peridot in Steven Universe). Viridi might work well for that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I think we're just good with Link's yells. Nobuyuki Hiyama (his OoT voice actor) has made it work very well, although that's not surprising for his standards. Anything Link could say will become a meme, I think.
I think a talking Link could be done well if you get a good VA (like Yuri Lowenthal) and had a good script (basically anything written outside of Japan)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If I don’t mention a character, it means their original Smash VA reprises.
  • Dee Bradley Baker as Luigi, Bowser, Luma, Bowser Jr, Male Koopalings, Piranha Plant, Yoshi, Ridley, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Greninja, Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B. Duck Hunt [The man is a FORCE]
  • Eric Bauza as King Dedede, Chrom
  • Steve Blum as Fox McCloud, Wolf O’Donnell, Captain Falcon
  • Steve Burton as Cloud Strife
  • Greg Cipes as Roy
  • Grey DeLisle as Rosalina, Pikachu, Red, Nana
  • John DiMaggio as Mario, Dr. Mario, Wario, Incineroar, Ike
  • Benjamin Diskin as Mega Man, Marth, Villager
  • Todd Haberkorn as Falco Lombardi, Lucas
  • Jennifer Hale as Princess Daisy, Samus Aran, Zero Suit Samus, Dark Samus, Jigglypuff, Ness
  • Montserrat Hernandez as Inkling (Girl)
  • Ashley Johnson as Princess Zelda, Sheik
  • Phil LaMarr as Donkey Kong, Meta Knight, Little Mac
  • Max Mittelman as Inkling (Boy)
  • Yuri Lowenthal as Link
  • James Remar as Ganondorf
  • Kevin Micheal Richardson as Diddy Kong, King K. Rool
  • William Shatner as Captain Olimar [Pie in the sky I know, but that would just be hilarious]
  • Megan Smith as Isabelle
  • David Sobolov as Mewtwo
  • Tara Strong as Princess Peach, Wendy O. Koopa, Toon Link, Young Link, Kirby, Pichu, Leaf
  • Billy West as Pac-Man, Popo, Alph
Personally I'd throw in Crispin Freeman as Captain Falcon, Michelle Ruff as Zero Suit Samus, Stephanie Sheh as Peach, Bryce Papenbrook as Fox, Kira Buckland as Zelda, Tara Platt as Sheik, and Alexis Tipton for Lucina, but other than that solid lineup

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Personally I'd throw in Crispin Freeman as Captain Falcon, Michelle Ruff as Zero Suit Samus, Stephanie Sheh as Peach, Bryce Papenbrook as Fox, Kira Buckland as Zelda, Tara Platt as Sheik, and Alexis Tipton for Lucina, but other than that solid lineup
I figured Zelda and Shiek should have the same VA. Same for Samus and Zero Suit Samus. I'm not familiar with a lot of the others you mentioned though.

Oh, that's because most of them do mostly anime. That explains why I do't recognize them.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I figured Zelda and Shiek should have the same VA. Same for Samus and Zero Suit Samus. I'm not familiar with a lot of the others you mentioned though.
Crispin's known for, most recently, Winston from Overwatch, but the voice I imagined for him for Falcon is more along the lines of his Regal Bryant (Tales of Symphonia) voice.

Maybe if F-Zero gets a reprise he could also do Blood Falcon in his Albedo (Xenosaga) voice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom