• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Here is some more.

Now, this art is pretty much Japan-exclusive. When Nintendo released the BOTW art book known as Creating a Champion, the English/international version did not have this art, instead being replaced by a map. Thank the internet for existing.

As you can see, Link may have had an actual family around at some point (presumably his little sister and father/uncle). The worst part about this is wondering what exactly would have happened to them when Link went into that deep slumber...
So when I saw that on Twitter I was thinking about why they’d remove it from the other versions. Like what’s the point?

Iridium

Smash Hero

An early design for the glider. Now, this was intended to be much bigger (although perhaps that would have made it sort of obtrusive) than what we got. The two cloths could have been there just for show, or maybe it could have went well with wind, assuming that mechanic, if it existed, allowed them to act like weathervanes. Obviously to simply help with navigation.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because of the story?
IDK, some people told me that it was alright to play it ignoring the plot.

So, I could change my question a bit: which one should I pick in regards to gameplay?
What I said is also true of the gameplay. It's exactly the same as 1 and 2. To the point where, if it came out on the PS2, the only thing you would be surprised be would be the movies that hadn't come out yet.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Because of the story?
IDK, some people told me that it was alright to play it ignoring the plot.

So, I could change my question a bit: which one should I pick in regards to gameplay?
Well those people are some of the stupidest people I've heard of.

Either way, choose RE2. KH2.5 has better gameplay anyways.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Should I get RE2 or KH3?
Resident Evil 2. Easily.

Unless you're a die hard KH fan it's really not worth it.
Ok, which game should I pick ignoring the plot stuff?

KH3 or RE2?
Still RE2. It's well paced, not super long, and engaging throughout. I think it's all around a better game.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

An early design for the glider. Now, this was intended to be much bigger (although perhaps that would have made it sort of obtrusive) than what we got. The two cloths could have been there just for show, or maybe it could have went well with wind, assuming that mechanic, if it existed, allowed them to act like weathervanes. Obviously to simply help with navigation.
Why does this look familiar?
E04B4601-C70A-46B2-9593-CD8A56BC5124.png

Iridium

Smash Hero
Last thing, for now.

Wizzrobes (no, not that one) had multiple other alternate designs for BOTW, and the first one was what was chosen. Frankly, I prefer the second/third, but the first looks better masked as well. Actually, the fourth is kind of smug, huh? Okay, they're all okay.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Since we’re on the topic of RE2, there were Licker zombies originally planned for the remake. Of course, they were scrapped but there is concept art of them which you can unlock in-game.
BC2C38BE-1131-4904-9EC2-CDC8480654CB.jpeg
there’s also a scrapped wheelchair monster thrown in too.

Last edited:

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
Honest to God as a person who’s a massive KH fan who grew up playing the first 2 and was a big part of my childhood. KH 3 was such a let down, the games main campaign feels so short. I think Enix preached 50+ hours of content for the main campaign and 80+ hours of content in total, I beat the game in 2 days.. wasn’t worth the wait nor the money.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Since we’re on the topic of RE2, there were Licker zombies originally planned for the remake. Of course, they were scrapped but there is concept art of them which you can unlock in-game.
View attachment 192859there’s also a scrapped wheelchair monster thrown in too.
It's kind of funny how this isn't that close to being the most cursed thing I've ever seen.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Well those people are some of the stupidest people I've heard of.

Either way, choose RE2. KH2.5 has better gameplay anyways.
Oh RE2 then.
Resident Evil 2. Easily.

Unless you're a die hard KH fan it's really not worth it.

Still RE2. It's well paced, not super long, and engaging throughout. I think it's all around a better game.
KH3
no wait Re2

both, get both
Then I'll pick RE2 first.
Speaking of Resident Evil 2, I just realized I spent most of my morning on here when I really should be playing it.

Later dudes.
View attachment 192859there’s also a scrapped wheelchair monster thrown in too.
I am so proud of all of you.

D

Deleted member

Woah, my hands hurt a bit from playing basketball.

Nothing wrong happened, I am just resting my hands a bit and looking for our stuff in case someone wants to steal it.

D

Deleted member

Honest to God as a person who’s a massive KH fan who grew up playing the first 2 and was a big part of my childhood. KH 3 was such a let down, the games main campaign feels so short. I think Enix preached 50+ hours of content for the main campaign and 80+ hours of content in total, I beat the game in 2 days.. wasn’t worth the wait nor the money.
Depends on if you went for 100% or not. I'm doing some of the side stuff right now after finishing San Fransokyo and am approaching the 40 hour mark. Any game is short depending on how quickly you go through it and how much side stuff you ignore. KH3 is probably my new favorite in the series, but I can understand why someone wouldn't feel the same way about it I do. To each their own. :drshrug:

Speaking of San Fransokyo, hooooooo boy that place is the very definition of missed potential. There were moments that were great, but it needed far more of them. It felt super rushed, and as a Big Hero 6 fan, that was a bummer. It's kind of big just for the sake of being big; most likely gonna use a guide to find the Lucky Emblems I need and then just leave. It easily had the worst boss in the game, that's for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Depends on if you went for 100% or not. I'm doing some of the side stuff right now after finishing San Fransokyo and am approaching the 40 hour mark. Any game is short depending on how quickly you go through it and how much side stuff you ignore. KH3 is probably my new favorite in the series, but I can understand why someone wouldn't feel the same way about it I do. :drshrug:

Speaking of San Fransokyo, hooooooo boy that place is the very definition of missed potential. There were moments that were great, but it needed far more of them. It felt super rushed, and as a Big Hero 6 fan, that was a bummer. It's kind of big just for the sake of being big; most likely gonna use a guide to find the Lucky Emblems I need and then just leave. It easily had the worst boss in the game, that's for sure.
How did you find the Pixar worlds?

I really want to check them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
KH3 is so ****ing obsessed with these stupid mini-games that take control away from the player. It's like they didn't know how to make a satisfying combat system so they just shoved in as many flashy low-substance microgames everywhere.

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
Depends on if you went for 100% or not. I'm doing some of the side stuff right now after finishing San Fransokyo and am approaching the 40 hour mark. Any game is short depending on how quickly you go through it and how much side stuff you ignore. KH3 is probably my new favorite in the series, but I can understand why someone wouldn't feel the same way about it I do. To each their own. :drshrug:

I wouldn’t say I rushed it per say but yes I definitely didn’t do any of the side stuff, I always played the games for the main story line and that was it. It’s combat was definitely better than the previous 2 as it should be but expectations that I had set is what killed it for me. I guess it was too little too late.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Speaking solely from a Resident Evil perspective because I've never touched a KH game, RE2 is, like, just about the perfect RE game. It's going to be the one I recommend for newcomers moving forward.

It's a perfect blend of all the things that make the old REs classics while not restricted by the tank controls and cinematic perspective that alienate players. It's one of the most satisfying zombie shooters created because each individual zombie feels like a new and unique threat. It's beautiful, it's challenging, and it's just... it's exactly what I wanted when they first announced that it was happening three years ago.

I cannot recommend Resident Evil 2 enough.

D

Deleted member

It's like they didn't know how to make a satisfying combat system so they just shoved in as many flashy low-substance microgames everywhere.
Can we make this the plot for the next Warioware game?

D

Deleted member

How did you find the Pixar worlds?

I really want to check them.
Probably the best worlds in the game next to the Pirates of the Caribbean world. Good map design mixed with really fun fights and good world gimmicks. The best parts of the story come from the Toy Story and Monsters Inc. World IMO.

Worst worlds in the game by far were Arendelle (Frozen) and San Fransokyo. Arendelle I'm pretty sure only exists so that Disney could shoehorn in Let It Go into the game (although it does probably have the best boss in the game, funny enough) and San Fransokyo feels super rushed, especially considering you go to endgame right after it.

D

Deleted member

Probably the best worlds in the game next to the Pirates of the Caribbean world. Good map design mixed with really fun fights and good world gimmicks. The best parts of the story come from the Toy Story and Monsters Inc. World IMO.

Worst worlds in the game by far were Arendelle (Frozen) and San Fransokyo. Arendelle I'm pretty sure only exists so that Disney could shoehorn in Let It Go into the game (although it does probably have the best boss in the game, funny enough) and San Fransokyo feels super rushed, especially considering you go to endgame right after it.
Glad to know.
The Pixar worlds are my biggest motivation to get the game.

D

Deleted member

KH3 is so ****ing obsessed with these stupid mini-games that take control away from the player. It's like they didn't know how to make a satisfying combat system so they just shoved in as many flashy low-substance microgames everywhere.
Honestly, just remove the Attractions system and toss in some harder difficulty modes and it'd be the best combat in the series IMO.

KH2's QTAs and awkward menuing never impressed me. Honestly don't know why it's adored so much, and that comes from someone who loves KH2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Just get rid of the Frozen world and everything will be good in the game. For real. That world really isnt as good as the others and its mostly due to them sucking its **** so hard

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
While we're on Resident Evil.

Resident Evil has always been a Nintendo centric franchise to me. I started out with 4 on GameCube then went back and played REmake, Zero, and 2 all on GameCube as well (remember when used GameCube games were cheap?) Played 5 and 6 on 360, Revelations on Wii U and Switch, Revelations 2 on Switch, Mercenaries 3D obviously 3DS, and VII and REmake 2 on Xbox One. So, yeah Resident Evil is almost synonymous with Nintendo for me. It's one reason I really want Leon in Smash. He just seems like a perfect choice.

I STILL have yet to play 3 or Code: Veronica X anywhere besides the "Chronicles" games on Wii which I also adore. Have I ever gushed about Resident Evil on here before? I feel like I should have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom