• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Haven’t played the game so I’m missing context but
apparently they’re actually an alien and also a boy(again, not sure). Figured that’s would probably raise some eyebrows
Qatherine is actually a transgirl, cause she identifies as female but has a male body, but the alien bit is true. I think her character design was intentional with her eyes, hair and dress looking like the trans pride flag.

what's really putting everyone in an uproar is the new "best" ending where Vincent travels back in time to make everyone happy or something and he ends up marrying Catherine and they have 2 kids I think. unfortunately, the game's other transwoman character, Erica, ends up never transitioning and remains Eric, which leaves a lot of Unfortunate Implications to say the least

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Yeah rin is just an alien, Dunno what their sex is tho,nif they even have one, being non human and all
how rin identifies is less clear from what few bits i've seen but in a few conversations with vincent they tell him they're a boy

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Qatherine is actually a transgirl, cause she identifies as female but has a male body, but the alien bit is true.

what's really putting everyone in an uproar is the new "best" ending where Vincent travels back in time to make everyone happy or something and he ends up marrying Catherine and they have 2 kids I think. unfortunately, the game's other transwoman character, Erica, ends up never transitioning and remains Eric, which leaves a lot of Unfortunate Implications to say the least
pretty sure they arent but again, the context isnt there because the leak wasnt translated and had no sound. Once its translated, then maybe we will know EXACTLY what is going on but for now its up in the air

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
correct on both counts
No. She’s not “actually a boy” if she’s transgender. She’s a woman. I don’t know **** about the game but I know how to properly talk to and about a trans person. (Sense, you know, I am one)

Not in my case.
Joker will stay, and I am against the Catherine man for being an ******* towards LGTB people.
Good. But seriously. Look into it. Atlus has never been a friend to the LGBTQ community. Seriously. Read this article. https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/art...-catherine-full-body?utm_campaign=sharebutton

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

No. She’s not “actually a boy” if she’s transgender. She’s a woman. I don’t know **** about the game but I know how to properly talk to and about a trans person. (Sense, you know, I am one)
Apologies, but the reason I said that was because apparently when Vince asks if Rin is a boy, they respond with yes. Again though, could be wrong, and I’m sorry if I am.

D

Deleted member

If Atlus is against trans people, then they will never see money from me.

When they are against them, they also go for many people I know online and IRL who I owe a lot from the support and care I got from them.

Sorry Atlus, but if you hate many of my friends for being part of the LGTB group... You don’t have any kind of support from my part.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Everything I saw wasnt translated
which is half the problem for discussion right now, really - i've not seen heavy confirmation either way if rin is actually transgender or just going the whole 'trap' route and still identifying as male (given the conversation with vincent and atlus's history of this kind of thing)

the alien thing doesn't make it any easier

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Apologies, but the reason I said that was because apparently when Vince asks if Rin is a boy, they respond with yes. Again though, could be wrong, and I’m sorry if I am.
Like I said. I don’t know the game. But considering Atlus’s track record it could be just another poor representation on their part. Who knows. Maybe the English dub will have a better handling of it, but from what I’ve read that’s not likely going to happen.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC

When they are against them, they also go for many people I know online and IRL who I owe a lot from the support and care I got from them.

Sorry Atlus, but if you hate many of my friends for being part of the LGTB group... You don’t have any kind of support from my part.
ok, we get it, we get it, We get the picture

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
which is half the problem for discussion right now, really - i've not seen heavy confirmation either way if rin is actually transgender or just going the whole 'trap' route and still identifying as male (given the conversation with vincent and atlus's history of this kind of thing)

Which is why its best to. wait and see how everything is translated out before we start assuming stuff is what it is

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I find it very funny that you're very adamant about not supporting Atlus, yet still plan to purchase Joker...

You do know that also means not getting Joker, right?

When you buy Joker in Smash, some of that money is bound to go to Atlus.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
ok, we get it, we get it, We get the picture
What’s wrong? He’s having an appropriate reaction. It’s apalling.

Except that’s just as bad. The notion of “traps” is still a harmful and hurtful idea because people inevitably conflate actual transgender people with the concept no matter what. Transgender people have been murdered by people who felt that they were “tricked into being gay”. I’ve seen more stories of people falsely assuming a trans person is a “trap” than actual stories about “traps”. It’s not a real thing. It’s just a hurtful misunderstanding of what being transgender is.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
What’s wrong? He’s having an appropriate reaction. It’s apalling.
He kinda made his point the first time

its like when I would say I hate Hoenn region at every post I made and got told off for it. Sometimes once is enough to get the point across

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, I digged through all of the nitty-gritty stuff. In the end, I really think Atlus should've made just Catherine 2, because this just feels a bit underwhelming, if that's really all the content Full Body has. They know that Catherine has a legacy behind it and it sold over two million these past 8 years, so why not just go ahead and make another one?

I mean, I'm glad Classic is out I guess, because taking Full Body out of the picture, the original Catherine is a legitimately great game. OST has ****tons of bangers of re-arranged classical music, memorable characters and some pretty genius gameplay. If you were to encapsulate the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii Era with games from Super Smash Bros. Brawl to No More Heroes, you can't forget Catherine.

And again, I don't have a stock in this race for all the controversy behind Full Body, so I'll leave it to people more profound in it. I'm just here to make jokes and haha memes. For me personally, I recommend getting the original Catherine, whether it be Classic or an authentic copy of the original.

Especially when y'know, QATHERINE.

****ING YIKES BEYOND (solo).png

Iridium

Smash Hero
I really don't have enough depth to say anything on this. I think I'm too young to get into serious topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom