• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Man, I guess I must've REALLY missed something if the stuff I skimmed through was "Catherine has controversy, so let's drip it into Smash too and get Joker removed".

...uh huh.png

D

Deleted member

Anyone against trans people is my enemy.
I don’t care how some may find this statement, because that’s the way it works for me.

I know trans people both online and IRL who I literally owe almost my life for all the care and support they have given me through life, and I won’t defend or stand with anyone who despises them just for being trans.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'll say this, right now.

The Catherine controversy will not affect Joker's inclusion, at all.

The deal's been done, he's likely deep into development, and they already told us he was coming.

Going through all that effort, money, and time hyping him up for us, just to scrap him, makes no sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The deal's been done, he's likely deep into development, and they already told us he was coming.

Going through all that effort and money just to scrap him, makes no sense.
This is completely true.
We can only hope that justice is done against the Catherine creator so we don’t have to get him involved with Persona anymore.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Going through all that effort and money just to scrap him, makes no sense.
I think it probably came from the fact Joker is in Full Body in the puzzle mode.

which I just reminded my self about just now which also brings up the question, if he is having those dreams, why isnt he a sheep?

how are the other team memebers able to talk to him? This makes no sense

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This may be my favorite video to come out of the Three Houses news.

D

Deleted member

Going through all that effort, money, and time hyping him up for us, just to scrap him, makes no sense.
Ok what the crap is this contreversy? lol

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
The short version is that a transgender character from the original Catherine game was handled poorly then, and it seems that for the new game the director still doesn't understand how to respectfully handle the inclusion of a trans character
one of the endings involves the character in question not transitioning, and is described as giving her a "better life"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Catherine controversy? Can somebody fill me in on what that is pls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Catherine’s creator is a transphobe, and Catherine Full Body is the new game where it shows again.

Thank god that I haven’t picked any of his games before, because I don’t want to until justice is done against him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Catherine controversy? Can somebody fill me in on what that is pls ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
A recent Atlus release, more specifically Catherine: Full Body featured a transgender character, that really wasn't handled the greatest...

This has rubbed people the wrong way, and some are now kinda iffy on Joker's inclusion in Smash, assuming Atlus is also the company behind Persona, not to mention Joker, himself also being featured in Catherine: Full Body.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A recent Atlus release, more specifically Catherine: Full Body featured a transgender character, that really wasn't handled the greatest...

This has rubbed people the wrong way, and some are now kinda iffy on Joker's inclusion in Smash, assuming Atlus is also the company behind Persona
I’m not iffy about Joker’s inclusion in Smash, if I am honest.

D

Deleted member

lol it’s not gonna change anything

Kinda gets you thinking why people don’t get upset about people portaying genders wrong or animals wrong. I mean, not trying to stir up an argument, or worse, more contreversy. Just a thought.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
hashino's been gone from persona as a whole since 5's japanese release in 2016 anyway so the controversy has very little leaning on joker

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Kinda gets you thinking why people don’t get upset about people portaying genders wrong or animals wrong. I mean, not trying to stir up an argument, or worse, more contreversy. Just a thought.
what does this even mean. this is incoherent

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
from what I read of people who saw the whole thing, all that happend is they went before She transition and it wasnt even focused on her but focused on Vince and Rin with a C and has little to do with erika seeing how she still becomes a chick in the end

whats this about animals??

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

hashino's been gone from persona as a whole since 5's japanese release in 2016 anyway so the controversy has very little leaning on joker
Thank god that he isn’t involved with Persona.
Because I am fine with Joker in Smash.

D

Deleted member

I think you should read the topic properly before dropping your own hot takes into it.
You sure? Cause I'm pretty sure I saw some posts trying to connect the two where it doesn't belong. I don't really have stock in this race as to what you guys were talking about in terms of Catherine Full Body before, but c'mon. People shouldn't make connections where there isn't, at the least.

If we were really to remove Joker because "Persona and Catherine are from Atlus, therefore boo", you know that essentially you're gonna have to refund everybody who bought the Fighter Pass -- cause there's still not a way to purchase the packs individually yet and there've probably been at least a million people who bought it, too, so there's refunding $24.99 -- change the entire project plan and release schedule going forward, scrap the model we saw, and try to figure which character can level with Joker, and I guarantee you that'll be very hard to do.

I get that some people are displeased with how things went with Catherine, but let's just keep it to that and not let it affect stuff that's been innocent like Persona or Smash.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Yeah, I mean this is definitely unforgivable to do, especially in today’s society. The creator ought to be ashamed for this slander on trans people, that’s disgusting.

Anyone thinking this affects Joker’s chances though; I find that practically impossible. There would be such a torrent of backlash, and many people have only gotten the fighter’s pass because of Joker being included; there is simply no way this will affect his chances in the slightest, at least imo.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I mean this is definitely unforgivable to do, especially in today’s society. The creator ought to be ashamed for this slander on trans people, that’s disgusting.

Anyone thinking this affects Joker’s chances though; I find that practically impossible. There would be such a torrent of backlash, and many people have only gotten the fighter’s pass because of Joker being included; there is simply no way this will affect his chances in the slightest, at least imo.
I have anger towards that Catherine man, but Joker will stay in Smash.

D

Deleted member

whats this about animals??
Mood.

So did he do it on purpose or was it an accident?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh y’all talking about the Catherine stuff...well lemme say this...up until last night I didn’t know Erika was a trans character

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
evidently 2019 is the year where we debate the chances of characters already confirmed and purchasable

saiyan.

Feint - Snake Eyes
Nintendo isn’t going to stop the release of Joker via DLC that everyone has paid for and has been hyped up about when they already have the character fully developed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nintendo isn’t going to stop the release of Joker via DLC that everyone has paid for and has been hyped up about when they already have the character fully developed.
And as another user said, the asshole isn’t involved with Persona anymore.
Joker isn’t completely involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom