• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a penguin

Smash Master
I figured out the next Smash game!

You know how "EVERYONE IS HERE!"?

Well for the next Smash game...

Only characters are Mario and Link, every move they perform leads to an explosion, there's random bom-ombs on the stage that go off at random, the game crashes and breaks your Switch consoles...

But it's balanced.
Still better than Brawl
/s

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294

Only characters are Mario and Link, every move they perform leads to an explosion, there's random bom-ombs on the stage that go off at random, the game crashes and breaks your Switch consoles...

But it's balanced.
"EVERYONE IS GONE!"

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

But it's balanced.
It'd still have Yoshi playable... :yoshi:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Name a western game publisher with a pantheon of diverse characters similar to Capcom. Western doesn’t just mean American. It means America, Eurpope, and Australia.
Rare would be close. Part of me wants to say Activision, but really they only have Crash and Spyro mostly on the "iconic character" front.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But that already happened in Ultimate.
technically it didn't...since Galeem couldn't capture Kirby, he reanimated everyone else as his puppets.

Then Dharkon shows up and is like

D

Deleted member

New avatar! One of the death scenes from the 1983 Dragon’s Lair!
Told you I’d make this my avatar, Zinith Zinith .

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
But that already happened in Ultimate.
No no no, but like... everyone is dead. No one is playable, and no one can be playable either. In fact, the game is called Super Smash Bros: A R.I.P. in Time, and it's a live-action adaption directed by Matpat, SammyClassicSonicFan, Joe Capo, Ratboy Genius, Stanley Kubrick, and Shamallama-dingdong, with Sakurai's English dub speaker overseeing production. The main characters are Doc Brown and an AU version of Little Mac who never took up boxing.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But then how are there Kirby puppet fighters in WOL?
The world may never know...

but seriously, it will forever remain a mystery. Maybe Kirby is easy enough to make a puppet fighter of without actually capturing him?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
there was actually this hilarious comic i saw once where Galeem did capture Kirby but Kirby kept eating the cloning fluid and just busted out of there

if anyone can find it again i will forever be in your debt

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If Galeem just captured another Kirby to create clones, why not capture another non-green Yoshi to use instead of THE Yoshi?
Because he doesn't have a Warp Star.

Though how the 5 or 6 characters who can manipulate time still getting captured is a bigger question.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I've been thinking about everything involving Erdrick and Steve and wanted to let out some thoughts.

Disclaimers: I'm not saying either character isn't happening. Also, although I wish to see Steve join the battle, I am putting aside all biases.

First a bit of history:
Since May of last year, Verge claimed that Minecraft would have some unspecified content in the base game. Later in July, there was a "leak" on NeoGAF that claimed Square Enix/Final Fantasy would receive a second character, again in base game although in August Verge claimed that there would be a second SE character and that there was a list of 7 names going around to catch leakers, but he didn't know about NeoGAF, which ultimately ended up wrong (NeoGAF that is). Then came the Box Theory, which contradicted the SE newcomer. But then Verge stated SE was DLC. So already the goalposts have moved. Cue DLC announcement, then cue Hitagi claiming SE and Steve as DLC. Hitagi later gave up on everything except playable Steve. Around this time, Verge stated SE was DLC 1.

Things really heated up when the game leaked and everyone realized Minecraft had nothing in base game. Verge even stated Minecraft would be a boss despite Ryce, ResetEra member and insider, stating Verge was being misled on Minecraft. Then the Game Awards came and DLC 1 was... Joker from Persona 5. Specifically not a SE character. Later, he stated the SE rep was someone from Dragon Quest, most likely Erdrick.

There are a few flaws I see in all this that make me question everything:
1. Knowing that there'd be DLC before base roster was revealed
2. Knowing specifically who 2 of the 5 DLC is
3. Knowing the DLC for the period of time that we've known
Sakurai prefers to start with DLC only after the base game is completed (barring :ultpiranha: and maybe :4mewtwo:though both could've been planned for base in their respective games). He also has a much smaller team because the game's done, all that's left are a few characters and ensuring they work. So how is it that lots of insiders are specifically claiming Erdrick and Steve are in?

I could understand if this were a Ken leak situation with a legit screenshot, but all we keep getting is whispers and text on a forum. Sure, it is possibly legit information and they want to keep the people with a job safe, but for the DLC specifically, the people working it are usually those with experience in the field and thus the least likely to go forth and start risking their NDA's.

Finally, this whole Erdrick and Steve thing somewhat bugs me that a ton of people flock to these characters like sheep and make the real fans look bad for wanting a "hated" character.

Sorry for the wall of text, but I just wanted to get this off my chest.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
As much as the 1998 movie was crap, I feel that was kinda hasty and mean-spirited...
It kind of is, but on the bright side Zilla does get a better showing in the show and the comics.

Yo, check out the Netflix Castlevania Funkopops. I'ma have to buy them all...

I won't lie, I'd totally get the Blue Fangs and Alucard ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom