• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

These tweets here pretty much sum up my thoughts on the Link's Awakening remake art style:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I mean to each their own, but you can't say this is drastically different or unfitting when compared to the original, lol.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's so weird that I have 3 games pre-ordered and I'm having a hard time getting excited for any of them. In the past I'd be going ape-**** frantically posting anything I can up until release. I'm excited to play them, but for whatever reason I'm not HYPED to play them. Especially with MK11 it just feels like the same old song and dance again, slowly drip feeding us characters until the release, release game, reveal and release DLC characters for the next year, complete silence until a year later and we get the next game revealed. I wouldn't mind if it was something other than just, another Mortal Kombat, but that's exactly what it is. It's just another Mortal Kombat game. There's no real hype to it. And I LIKE Mortal Kombat. It's weird and I don't like it. It's somehow generating anti-hype, so is the Smash reveal schedule. We know so little and it;s gonna be so much of a drip feed that all my hype evaporated completely after the direct yesterday. It's generated a hype black hole that's keeping me from getting hyped for ANYTHING. Not for DMC, not for CTR, not for Bayonetta 3 or Astral Chains. I don't know. I need a huge injection of something really new or really exciting to break me out of this funk.

I'm probably talking to the wrong audience here with this because y'all actually like most of what that direct showed off, but I need to just put this out there.

D

Deleted member

These tweets here pretty much sum up my thoughts on the Link's Awakening remake art style:

I mean to each their own, but you can't say this is drastically different or unfitting when compared to the original, lol.
True, but the original’s graphics were entirely due to hardware limitations. Even the pictures in Link’s Awakening DX, while cutesy, were more anime than the look of the remake. Plus the game’s story is darker than most Zelda games. Again though, I definitely see why people like the artsyle. Just offering my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It's so weird that I have 3 games pre-ordered and I'm having a hard time getting excited for any of them. In the past I'd be going ape-**** frantically posting anything I can up until release. I'm excited to play them, but for whatever reason I'm not HYPED to play them. Especially with MK11 it just feels like the same old song and dance again, slowly drip feeding us characters until the release, release game, reveal and release DLC characters for the next year, complete silence until a year later and we get the next game revealed. I wouldn't mind if it was something other than just, another Mortal Kombat, but that's exactly what it is. It's just another Mortal Kombat game. There's no real hype to it. And I LIKE Mortal Kombat. It's weird and I don't like it. It's somehow generating anti-hype, so is the Smash reveal schedule. We know so little and it;s gonna be so much of a drip feed that all my hype evaporated completely after the direct yesterday. It's generated a hype black hole that's keeping me from getting hyped for ANYTHING. Not for DMC, not for CTR, not for Bayonetta 3 or Astral Chains. I don't know. I need a huge injection of something really new or really exciting to break me out of this funk.

I'm probably talking to the wrong audience here with this because y'all actually like most of what that direct showed off, but I need to just put this out there.
I mean, for MK there was that one leak which spoiled the majority of the characters. But not all of them.

What keeps me continuously engaged with the new MK’s roster is that there are no male ninjas so far aside from Scorp and Sub of course.

I’m not hyped for anything Nintendo related as of lately though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True, but the original’s graphics were entirely due to hardware limitations. Even the pictures in Link’s Awakening DX, while cutesy, were more anime than the look of the remake. Plus the game’s story is darker than most Zelda games. Again though, I definitely see why people like the artsyle. Just offering my opinion.
In what world was Link's Awakening even remotely darker than most Zelda games?

D

Deleted member

Hey check out what polar panda said about star fox Grand Prix. (Yes this is his Twitter)
So sf gp was bait from the start and verges main source fell for it
162F0ABF-BF29-47E7-AA70-A9CEC1E3E7EC.jpeg

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Hey check out what polar panda said about star fox Grand Prix. (Yes this is his Twitter)
So sf gp was bait from the start and verges main source fell for it
View attachment 192697
Dunno what this is about but because of that Banjo pic, I’m gonna have to drop the concrete donkey on ya.

Git outta my swamp and have a nice day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nice try but no. The only game that comes up to mind when it comes to games less dark than Link's Awakening is ****ing Triforce Heroes
Wouldn’t say it was a particularly nice try, but thank you! More seriously, Link”s Awakening ain’t exactly some gritty hardcore game, but what’s presented to you is darker than what quite a few other Zelda games explicitly present to you.
Obiously there’s the entire island and it’s inabitants getting erased, but in the original the bit where the seagull flies by isn’t there so not even Marin lives. Compared to games like Four Swords and even Link Between Worlds, I’d say it’s darker simply because it doesn’t really have a good ending. That’s kinda not my point though,

D

Deleted member

Everyone keeps saying Link's Awakening is like Majora's Mask levels of dark and honestly I don't get it.

I mean, the whole game is a dream of a big magic whale and there are Goombas, Chain Chomps, Kirby, and Wart. It's a pretty silly game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Wouldn’t say it was a particularly nice try, but thank you! More seriously, Link”s Awakening ain’t exactly some gritty hardcore game, but what’s presented to you is darker than what quite a few other Zelda games explicitly present to you.
Obiously there’s the entire island and it’s inabitants getting erased, but in the original the bit where the seagull flies by isn’t there so not even Marin lives. Compared to games like Four Swords and even Link Between Worlds, I’d say it’s darker simply because it doesn’t really have a good ending. That’s kinda not my point though,
Jesus I can't believe we're putting spoiler tags on a 20 year old game but I can't help but feel like it's only right considering the remake
Considering they weren't realbut rather figments of Link's imagination I don't really see the tragedy. Also wasn't Marin supposed to be one of the seagulls? The game says that she really wants to fly freely if she somehow could multiple times

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

Play Okami or the Ace Attorney trilogy.

This post was not endorsed by Capcom

D

Deleted member

Jesus I can't believe we're putting spoiler tags on a 20 year old game but I can't help but feel like it's only right considering the remake
Considering they weren't realbut rather figments of Link's imagination I don't really see the tragedy. Also wasn't Marin supposed to be one of the seagulls? The game says that she really wants to fly freely if she somehow could multiple times
Just putting spoilers because when the remake is announced I saw quite a few people saying they never played the original, so I don’t wanna ruin their experience.
I suppose that is what makes it sad, at least for a wee young lad. You spend the entire game going through the island, meeting and getting to know all the inhabitants, but then the ending comes and boom none of them really existed and now they’re all gone. I think the fact that they clearly all have lives is what makes it a bit disheartening. Not saying the game is some masterpiece in tragedy, but I’d say it’s still supposed to be a bit sad

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Just putting spoilers because when the remake is announced I saw quite a few people saying they never played the original, so I don’t wanna ruin their experience.
I suppose that is what makes it sad, at least for a wee young lad. You spend the entire game going through the island, meeting and getting to know all the inhabitants, but then the ending comes and boom none of them really existed and now they’re all gone. I think the fact that they clearly all have lives is what makes it a bit disheartening. Not saying the game is some masterpiece in tragedy, but I’d say it’s still supposed to be a bit sad
Oh no I agree which is why I did the same
That's not dark though, that's bittersweet. Pretty big difference

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Everyone keeps saying Link's Awakening is like Majora's Mask levels of dark and honestly I don't get it.

I mean, the whole game is a dream of a big magic whale and there are Goombas, Chain Chomps, Kirby, and Wart. It's a pretty silly game.
I wouldn't say as dark or even as strange as Majora's Mask, but it is the first Zelda game where there's a bigger theme than just "save the princess, save the kingdom," and there's a looming implication throughout...

That if you succeed in your quest, all these people will cease to exist...

D

Deleted member

Oh no I agree which is why I did the same
That's not dark though, that's bittersweet. Pretty big difference
just putting this non-spoiler text here so it matches up with the other posts and looks nicer
I do see your point, but I still think the idea that all the people you meet are just gone like that is a bit dark considering most people playing the game are children. Although at this point I think is just a tangent.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Okami’s a Zelda-type game right? Not sure if i’m interested. As for Ave Attorney, my 3DS no longer works so... out of luck.
It is on iPhone, Android, and will be on Switch/Xbone/PS4/Steam this year.

Yeah Okami is Zelda based but I find the Celestial Brush so amazing that I prefer it over it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom