• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You think? I've never had a problem killing with him. Then again, my secondary is sheik so I may just be used to her abysmal kill power
Remember that one clip from Hbox's stream where he was at 180 with Puff and a Shiek just couldn't kill him

That was so sad

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Remember that one clip from Hbox's stream where he was at 180 with Puff and a Shiek just couldn't kill him

That was so sad
The Ganon matchup is unbearable. You have to play so safe as sheik and it's really not fun. Not to mention, the difference in damage output is obscene. You literally hit him 20 times and he will hit you once or twice and you will both be at 40

D

Deleted member

The Ganon matchup is unbearable. You have to play so safe as sheik and it's really not fun. Not to mention, the difference in damage output is obscene. You literally hit him 20 times and he will hit you once or twice and you will both be at 40
And Ganon is also the most used character in Elite :ganondorfmelee::ganondorfmelee::ganondorfmelee:
Jeez.
Just how was Sheik nearly top-tier in Vanilla Smash 4?
well in sm4sh she could actually kill

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
As someone who could give a flying **** less about tiers, and as someone who has always preferred Zelda and the Dorf to Sheik...

YES!

It’s great that being good at Smash isn’t restricted to just three or four speedsters this time, and that mighty glaciers are actually viable. High level play could be a lot more interesting than before if it’s not all Fox/Sheik/Bayo mirrors.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Have yall seen these tweets? I know they probably don’t mean **** , but they’re still really cool. I think the best case scenario would be getting both Steve and Banjo announced in the same trailer, showing XBox’s support.
Let's be real, though...

If they replied to a picture of Banjo, everyone would have taken it as fact...

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Okay but seriously
Am I the only one who wants this
Having finally played Ice Climbers via the Switch's NES library, I can't say I enjoyed it very much.

But then a lot of series' first games have dated, so perhaps a sequel could work

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Have yall seen these tweets? I know they probably don’t mean **** , but they’re still really cool. I think the best case scenario would be getting both Steve and Banjo announced in the same trailer, showing XBox’s support.
I don't think it means anything, but whether it does or doesn't, it's still really sweet even if it's a PR spokesman. I like to imagine there's no beef between the companies, or at least between the Western divisions. There's being competitive, but there's also being a good sport and genuinely wanting the best for each other.

D

Deleted member

Having finally played Ice Climbers via the Switch's NES library, I can't say I enjoyed it very much.

But then a lot of series' first games have dated, so perhaps a sequel could work
I tried out the game and it was garbage so I don't really want/care about a sequel
Oof
C'mon just think about it
WAIT A SECOND
They're adding Ice Levels to Mario Maker 2... The Ice Climbers amiibo costume is probably coming back...
Spiritual Successor, here we come

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Oof
C'mon just think about it
WAIT A SECOND
They're adding Ice Levels to Mario Maker 2... The Ice Climbers amiibo costume is probably coming back...
Spiritual Successor, here we come
Ahh crud, you just reminded me of my personal wants for Super Mario Maker 2, gah!!!

Actually, I should be thanking you instead. I hope they add vertical-based levels so tower-themed levels can be properly made without having to rely on illusions with well-placed warp pipes.

D

Deleted member

Well it seems that Ice Climber is probably the most hated game that a Smash character comes from

D

Deleted member

I just realized I've got my Piranha Plant amiibo on reserve to pick up today! If they've got an extra Ice Climber amiibo, I'll probably pick them up as well.

'Palom & Porom' is the name I want to give the amiibo, but I forget how many characters you get for a name so I don't know if it'll fit.

Well it seems that Ice Climber is probably the most hated game that a Smash character comes from
It's not hated; its just boring. If they turn it into some kind of puzzle platformer, then they could probably do something with it, but as it stands now, the game is pretty bare bones.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

He's in
RxNEq3F.png

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Literally, the only reason the Ice Climbers are even loved today, is because of their notoriety as Smash characters...

The original game is absolutely abysmal
You know what? I was going to suggest that Sakurai take the helm and reboot the series into an adventure where the two climb a mountain together, but Celeste already exists. I can't see an Ice Climbers remake capture that same magic.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nah, it's Fates.

It's not hated; its just boring. If they turn it into some kind of puzzle platformer, then they could probably do something with it, but as it stands now, the game is pretty bare bones.
Now I wonder if people have the same problem with Game&Watch games.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
To be fair, ROB's games aren't exactly viewed as classics. And as I understand it, FE: Fates isn't one of the more popular entries in the series.

If playing the Switch's NES games illustrated the problems with Ice Climbers though, it also led me to better discoveries:
:ultdoc: is a seriously fun game

D

Deleted member

That's punishment for her Smash 4 crimes. It's about time powerhouses can actually put a significant damage gap against speedier opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom